So I'm thinking about becoming a Muslim.......

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why not?.....
You will be causing yourself problems you may not be able to handle... like being grouped with regular Muslims along with members of fridge Islamic groups. You will be accused of... madd sh1t. You may not have the discipline and fortitude. Even if you are faking it... you might get a feeling that some things are wrong - things that you may otherwise enjoy.

They're not as ignorant as christians and they practice what they preach more so often than christians do.
Most people are ignorant in some way.

All that aside tho, I'm indifferent to the concept of Allah being the creator of universe and originator of the "Big bang/expansion" etc, can't be proven but I have no problem accepting that hypothesis because it hurts nobody...... but I can't ignore the fossil record and DNA evidence that has been presented to me via science. I can't just completely erase such a mountain of evidence from my mind.

So my question for you guys are:

- it possible to be a muslim and also accept the fact that man is a product of evolution?
Yes. All Muslims believe in Evolution. Some believe as you believe. Some believe that man was created, but still adapted in some ways. Contrary to ignorant beliefs..... Most Muslims around the world study evolutionary biology, even in Muslim nations. Knowledge is from Allah, so all knowledge is explored and understood. Muslims aren't like other religious folk in that they feel a threat or attack- by any evidence, any opinion, or any topic.
- And is it also possible to be a muslim if you don't really believe that Muhammad got his revelation from God? I mean whether u believe or not is not important as long as you can agree with the philosophy right? deeds are what matter, not bullsh1t thoughts anyway. I'm sure most Buddhist don't believe the Buddha was divine but stick to the teachings because the philosophy works for them.
IT's not that most Buddhist don't believe that Buddha was divine - Its that they know that fact is irrelevant, along with most details about any human that existed- Message will always be whats important. Same with Islam - although in Islam Muhammad is considered the last in a series of prophets. I don't see how you consider him that , and not think that he at least received the message from an associate of the creator of the universe.
I'm not concerned with a hypothetical life after death, I'm only worried about the here an now and if Islam is the way to live a peaceful and righteous life free of violence and mistreatment then again I say why not?
Islam is A way to peace and righteousness. However, the life isn't a guarantee that you wont be mistreated - it just makes it so you can deal with it and handle it with a good perceptive. Violence is a fact of this world - I carry my 9 w me everywhere, I don't know that violence will never occur, I just know that more than likely if a situation pops off, my peacefulness and steady hand, Allah willing, will place me in a great advantage... In any intense situation, confidence and calmness is important.

One world united under Islam = World Peace
but this will never happen. Too much greed and ill intentions in this world.
I already grew a beard and own a Quran + downloaded that 1976 movie "The Message"
Make sure you have a good version.
So could I be down with the cliq brehs?
You're not serious, but you should be. You really don't have anything to lose, and you will at the very least learn something. :[/QUOTE]

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Islam is for all places and all times. Men need to cover from their navel to their knees, women have to dress modestly. I mean, its common sense. The Niqab isn't a required attire but women are advised to not wear clothing that reveals themselves to other men.

wearing silk or gold, yeah thats more for ladies :ufdup:

and making statues and art for worship is forbidden. There's actually a lot of Islamic art and its real dope :yes:

interest is horrible. you see how the global economy has tanked? but we can write books on how the interest economy will be its own downfall.

anyway, you don't get it and don't care. you hate Islam and you ain't alone in your hate towards the religion or the people who practice. that's cool. you have your way, i have mine.

its funny how you say islam was created by nomadic arabs when most of the arabs were vehemently against Islam, the Prophet, and his companions. There was probably more Muslims in the Horn of Africa by 632 than the entire Arabian peninsula. (Muslims fled to Abyssinia in 615 and were given sanctuary by the Orthodox Christian king who didn't let the Arabs from the Prophet's tribe hunt down the Muslims)

He's an idiot bro, dont worry about him, because in reality a lot of the basic beliefs that created America are very similar to Islamic law :smugdraper:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
using saudi arabia of all places to represent Islam is comical

the saudis are pretty warped around tribal and cultural practices that contradict the religion. it is a land full of contradictions. that incident was sad and ridiculous.

extreme islam is derived from islam :scusthov: its a real mystery why it results in societies that are such barbaric shytholes

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
The people that commit the types of atrocities that CAC mamba posts are practicing Islam perfectly (just like the WTC destroyers). The Muslims who are not doing these things are just ignoring the more distasteful parts of Islam.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
yeah. unfortunately in the Muslim world the ignorant set the tone and merely use Islam as a shield to do their twisted interpretations as a means of power

Do you actually believe that?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Do you actually believe that?

Yes. I've studied my religion in depth and its pretty easy to see the ills of these places is not due to the religion but the abandonment of the religion and idiots picking and choosing what they want to do and also hiding behind tribal traditions and saying it is "Islam"