So Tariq the scammer really out here owing almost 200k in back taxes.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
no that's just what you believe, maybe even worse, that's how you see yourself.

which is funny cause you'll read and marvel about crackers all damn day and night, and not about your own people

cause our people are fighters. could give a damn what anyone says otherwise.

my nikka I don't know who you think you are or what you feel you know that makes you qualified to lecture me on our history, political history, or anything else. you can "believe" whatever you want, see yourself however you want. that doesn't have anything to do with reality. maybe you believe that Donald Trump won an election on his own accord and is the most powerful man in the world making decisions, but that's 3rd grade social studies shyt, and please don't waste my time with that.

i read whatever i feel may give me the answer i'm looking for. i don't argue books or who's the most read anyway that shyt's stupid. I'll recommend a book. i'm not on here day and night, so that's some bullshyt, and please show me where i've "marveled" about any white person. nah, that's just some shyt to try to catch a few daps from onlookers who don't know any better. so you're not only ignorant, but a liar on top of it and we'll go ahead and leave it here. go on and get that last word, i know you need it.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Not beefing at all and not a highly educated person so maybe I read the thread wrong but Tariq while you may feel just makes jokes bring solid points behind data behind, now he isn't as deep as Yvette and Tone but he'll bring up a twitter post or some that more easier to understand to get his point across and for the most part he's right. Look at his instagram and search for that Asian lady in Atlanta who want disrespecting the black woman there at a resturant she lost her job, Tariq mostly with his followers got her fired. I will say sometimes people just like things feed to them in a simple way, doesn't mean the person is dumb or uneducated.

He's being talking about robotic cops and forces for a while.

Again, I'm not stating Tariq is a model citized and is able to articulate hisself well but he keeps things pretty simple and as a result is pretty effective, remember he's twice as big as Ados by hisself and his streams get 6000 people live each episode. Tone and Yvette usually max out at around 2500 per show. Remember this is the election year so expect them to get a higher number.

nah we ain't beefin, i didn't mean to come off like an a$$hole and if i did that's my bad. i went to college and i'd rather listen to tariq over tone and yvette because he's more entertaining and shows based around statistics and cold data get boring after awhile. if i want data i'll do my own research or speak to someone who has more knowledge than me and whose opinion i trust. i was just talking in general.

Tariq has done some outstanding work. he brought the topic of AA vs. Africans/Caribbeans to the forefront and that was needed at least 20 years ago. i think he's kinda stalled tho cause his info only runs so deep. you gotta understand, some of us on this board were on BGOL and ASR/L2H back in the day and Tariq was on both of those boards. I wasn't on BGOL but anyone here from that board will verify what I'm saying. I was on ASR and still post on L2H. Everytime he dropped something the Brothers would rip and post it and he'd come thru and shut the links down. He still lurks over at l2h. So we know where alotta of this info and inspiration came from. I think it's a good thing he consolidated alot the iinfo and put the HC series together.

Around 2005 there was a group of Brothers and Sisters that were putting in work online, and that's how alotta people got introduced to Dr. Clarke, Dr. Ben, Amos Wilson, Cheikh Anta Diop, Dr, Barashango, Francis Cress Welsing, all kinds of material from the NOI, Walter Rodney and many, many others. Youtube vids, books, all kinds of shyt. Don't believe me go to live2hustle whenever you have time and go through those archives. You'll see we broke alotta this shyt down 10-15 years ago.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
nah we ain't beefin, i didn't mean to come off like an a$$hole and if i did that's my bad. i went to college and i'd rather listen to tariq over tone and yvette because he's more entertaining and shows based around statistics and cold data get boring after awhile. if i want data i'll do my own research or speak to someone who has more knowledge than me and whose opinion i trust. i was just talking in general.

Tariq has done some outstanding work. he brought the topic of AA vs. Africans/Caribbeans to the forefront and that was needed at least 20 years ago. i think he's kinda stalled tho cause his info only runs so deep. you gotta understand, some of us on this board were on BGOL and ASR/L2H back in the day and Tariq was on both of those boards. I wasn't on BGOL but anyone here from that board will verify what I'm saying. I was on ASR and still post on L2H. Everytime he dropped something the Brothers would rip and post it and he'd come thru and shut the links down. He still lurks over at l2h. So we know where alotta of this info and inspiration came from. I think it's a good thing he consolidated alot the iinfo and put the HC series together.

Around 2005 there was a group of Brothers and Sisters that were putting in work online, and that's how alotta people got introduced to Dr. Clarke, Dr. Ben, Amos Wilson, Cheikh Anta Diop, Dr, Barashango, Francis Cress Welsing, all kinds of material from the NOI, Walter Rodney and many, many others. Youtube vids, books, all kinds of shyt. Don't believe me go to live2hustle whenever you have time and go through those archives. You'll see we broke alotta this shyt down 10-15 years ago.

Man BGOL used to be the ish.

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Watch Tariq come out with another Hidden Colours documentary.

Ta-reek Nashyt - "I'm gonna make another 'Hidden Colors' fam'lay. 'Hidden Colors 2387' Gimme Dat Money."
*Gurns and makes kissy faces in front of the camera.*

You got a prob with him making another Hidden Colors? :gucci:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You got a prob with him making another Hidden Colors? :gucci:
As long as people keep buying it he should keep making it but personally don’t think it helps cats that like them in their lives. I think it’s a distraction like movies and other forms of entertainment.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

Props, I do think Tariq brought alot of stuff to light that doesn't get spoken on TV that he spoke on which made him have a voice.

And I was on BGOL years ago before it went downhill. I still get alot of "stuff" from there so I can't hate.

And your point of Dr. John Henry Clarke fits my point about Tariq completely, it's just information from a young person that you can relate too... which is what I think Tariq does well.

But all the information is basically the same, so fatigue will come into play hearing the same thing over and over again which is why I think he jokes so much.. pretty childish for 50 but I understand his point of view, he needs to keep you entertained.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Perhaps a simple Simon like you would run-tell-dat about a person's business status being suspended.
This woman isn't simple. To paraphrase a film scene

Jake"you've been setting me up all day?"
Alonzo "been setting you up all week"

training_primary.jpg

At any rate, tariq will clear this all up on his next show. Fans aren't going to let him avoid speaking about it

WHAT A TRASH ASS REPLY.

THIS SAME PERSON
ALLEGEDLY TOOK A SCREENSHOT
OF TARIQS BUSINESS BEING SUSPENDED
WEEKS AGO FOR WHAT REASON
WITH NO DATE LISTED?

YOURE A GOOFY

TARIQ IS NOT ABOUT TO DISCUSS HIS
FINANCES DUE TO A COUPLE OF PHOTOSHOPS.
:devil:
:evil:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You may feel he needs to keep me angry but getting up everyday and being around cacs keep me plenty angry I watch my back daily and I was recently fired by some racist cacs a few months back. I know how the game goes, after that job I don't trust nor get friendly with cacs. I posted a thread when I got fired and I learned about how racist those small businesses are, it was a breh on here who dropped game and got me thinking hard about it and I agree.

You are kind of proving my point breh. I don't know the circumstances of your firing, but claiming racism seems like a cop out without receipts :yeshrug:

Regardless of how you feel about the messenger if the message helps or teaches the person something I can't hate.
And what exactly is Tariq's message? What was his message with the Crispy t-shirts and puppet? What's his message when he beefs with every other black conscious adjacent Youtuber? What message is he sending when he hires white producers and directors for his movies?

Once again we different people man, y'all got more education than me most likely so I appreciate knowledge dropped that I can comprehend.
Bro you don't need a formal education to think for yourself. A lot of the dumbest people I know have degrees.

I watched mainstream black American news for years and it's tears, black women talking crazy to black men, boot-licks and fakkits man, I don't see nothing alpha on TV.

Mainstream black media is essentially submissive black men, look at this cac and look at the breh.
Why do you need to see a face on a screen to learn how to be assertive :wtf:

The way you talk it's like you need someone else to tell you how to be a man :mindblown: As long as you give someone else control of your thoughts you are gonna get taken advantage of. And Tariq is def taking advantage of you

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Brotha everyone should know the good Dr. Darity ain't gonna do that back and forth shyt. This brotha is almost 70 years old. With his age and background he is from the civil rights era. This brotha remembers a time when black folks actually had to deal with Jim crow. He and his parents probably had to march and protest and all that shyt.

You'd be surprised at some of the comments about tariq trying to disparage Dr. Darity
my comments in green

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/why...-a-white-husband.752947/page-18#post-36102426

uh, did you miss the exchange a few weeks ago when tariq was beefing with another yter and made fun of her because her SON WAS INCARCERATED ?
and also made fun of her for BEING POOR?

Same guy who speaks about how "Black poverty and incarceration rates for FBA are the effects of white supremacy" made fun of an African American woman for being poor and for her son being locked up

moral character? tariq? GTFOH

She was most likely out of pocket.

.....and the African American professor, Sandy Darity, who tariq labeled as gay, then labeled as having a white wife (like hisfather in law).............completely unprovoked. What did he do to warrant being discussed and smeared?

tariq has no class. don't use the moral hgh ground to defend him

Time will tell if those shots at Sandy should be apologized for. For now keep mashing on ados and anyone whom loves them. uh no

Mashing on ados is what your man tariq is doing, not me.
Get it straight.

You're confused, I'm saying he should keep mashing on them

now I'm confused. If you believe tariq's line about looking out for the interests of Black Americans, how does publicly attacking other Black Americans coincide with that? "Bang on YC/AM and anyone who loves ados"? and African American college professors at Duke are fair game because of affiliation?

Sounds juvenile.

I don't care how it sounds to you. This isn't just some misunderstanding with them. They really are thieves, haters, frauds etc. So the gloves are off. They deserve to be completely destroyed.
So this little dust up by some internet young (compared to him) clowns is beneath him. Plus lets be honest...how he makes money is doing actual work..educating and reaserch as a professor. He don't get paid for clicks, tweets and all this sitting on your ass to create outrage and beefs to make money.

shyt the shyt is the difference between a man who goes to work at a job to take care of his family and a grown man who sits at his parents house doing choirs for allowance.
tariq convinced his minions that the Boule, and by extension ANY Black professional, is not to be trusted. Credentials,education,training means nothing. *
What's most interestng is that tariq's lack of formal education (or self education) is a plus for some of his followers, makes him more relatable I guess. Makes it easier for him to paint an educated Black person as the villain. Latest in the "us" versus "them" games.
He questioned Tone's professional credentials, said that the 1619 Project was "basically copied from Hidden Colors", and other comments that would get him laughed out of most serious Black spaces.....but resonates with some of his core followers.

* that's why you hardly hear his fans quote the works of the scholars who appear in his docs., and when they do... they get it wrong . And get corrected by people who know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
You are kind of proving my point breh. I don't know the circumstances of your firing, but claiming racism seems like a cop out without receipts :yeshrug:

And what exactly is Tariq's message? What was his message with the Crispy t-shirts and puppet? What's his message when he beefs with every other black conscious adjacent Youtuber? What message is he sending when he hires white producers and directors for his movies?

Bro you don't need a formal education to think for yourself. A lot of the dumbest people I know have degrees.

Why do you need to see a face on a screen to learn how to be assertive :wtf:

The way you talk it's like you need someone else to tell you how to be a man :mindblown: As long as you give someone else control of your thoughts you are gonna get taken advantage of. And Tariq is def taking advantage of you

I don't think I need receipts I was told some things that they had a issue with when they fired me but they hired me knowing I had those issues. I can call that grounds based off racism since I was the only breh there at the company.

I will take your criticism with a open mind and listen, I wasn't born a alpha male like that so appreciate the criticize and will continue to work on the things I feel I need work on.

As for Tariq I think you have a pretty short-sighted view of Tariq based on what you see or have been told, if you think he's just puppets and bussy jokes that's how you feel but I don't feel you listen enough to have a more through opinion of his work but then again I don't think you want to look into Tariq anymore than what you've witness already I will end it on that.

I will admit I do need to work on being more upfront but I feel since most of us are raised in a very matriarchal environment alot of us will have certain issues when taking the lead is needed.. since we're so used to having a partnership with the females in our communities.

But I don't think Tariq is taking advantage of anyone, we don't have any data as too who listens.

And what you said can apply to people who basically watch any tv, whether news, sports or comedy you seem to think listening or tuning it = attachment.

It's no big deal though so no beef, I'm good I'll take your point as valid.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The problem is there’s brothas out here proving you guys wrong. We out here getting the bag and we want to link with other like minded brothers and sisters to better our situation. You can’t change a state of poverty if you are in a poverty mind state. nikkas talking about they are locked out off all avenues to succeed but got cars, clothes, and XBOXs and shyt. It’s just a bunch of excuses because when you accept that YOU are your own savior the answer requires you to get off your ass to change your fate. I’m out here making moves and setting myself and my family up to be good. I’m not out here waiting for reparations...I’m linking with liked indeed brothas and sisters and strategizing how to get to the next level. I’m not gonna sit here and shyt on my ancestor’s sacrifice bytching and moaning when I have way more opportunity than they have ever had.
They think if they hug white nuts long enough, they'll throw them a bone. Or baby bonds:comeon:

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
As long as people keep buying it he should keep making it but personally don’t think it helps cats that like them in their lives. I think it’s a distraction like movies and other forms of entertainment.

CAC