So the hold up with Sony letting Marvel use Spider Man is Edwardo? :mindblown:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dont pretend to be an expert on every comic book. But I know spidey. Im a spidey stan. I got a spidey tattoo of him fighting venom.

These dudes whole knowledge of spidey comes from raimis films.

When I saw complaints of spidey making jokes in the new films and how he made his web slingers i just :snoop:

Yeah their knowledge starts at 2002

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: After Winter Soldier, I was hyped to see some Baron von Strucker, Zemo, A.I.M, MODOK, along with more Falcon, Bucky, and Crossbones in the follow up, but Marvel so damn dead set in shoving Civil War into the MCU that doesn't look like it's gonna happen

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
is Spiderman that douchey in the comics though? I know he's snarky but Garfield Spiderman seemed almost like a mean jock. The way he was mocking electro even though he showed him nothing but admiration was:why: let's be real though if he's being removed it's cause they know this reboot sucks and they need a scapegoat

People can say what they will about TASM2 being awful.

Jamie pulled off that character quite well :to:

despite it being a bad script.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
:beli: After Winter Soldier, I was hyped to see some Baron von Strucker, Zemo, A.I.M, MODOK, along with more Falcon, Bucky, and Crossbones in the follow up, but Marvel so damn dead set in shoving Civil War into the MCU that doesn't look like it's gonna happen

Because Civil War is more hyped then any of that nonsense you just posted??

No one wants to see Modok on he big screen :scust:

:scust:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Grillo's signed for movies so I highly doubt they don't use him in Civil War, same with Falcon. Bucky's obviously in it. A.I.M. will appear and factor into Ant-Man somehow, and Strucker's in Age of Ultron :yeshrug:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Civil War is more hyped then any of that nonsense you just posted??

No one wants to see Modok on he big screen :scust:

That shyt wasn't hype at all :stopitslime:

I got all seven issues as they dropped and even copped the novelized version when that dropped, and the story (for a comic book) felt overly melodramatic at times and was uneventful, IMO. Also the characterization seemed off for some

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
That shyt wasn't hype at all :stopitslime:

I got all seven issues as they dropped and even copped the novelized version when that dropped, and the story (for a comic book) felt overly melodramatic at times and was uneventful, IMO. Also the characterization seemed off for some

It's already been confirmed the "MCU" civil war is going to follow the 2015 reboot. And besides the original civil war is still more interesting then Modok................

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's already been confirmed the "MCU" civil war is going to follow the 2015 reboot. And besides the original civil war is still more interesting then Modok................

No it isn't. Bring in MODOK and A.I.M, that opens up a wider range of storytelling than a rehash of boring "crossover event" but with even lesser characters.

:scust: Marvel editors and their constant need to reboot.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I didn't have a problem with the script. My main problem was how campy Jamie's character was before being transformed.
I said the same thing when I saw it. His Electro would've fit better in Raimi's movies. He just felt out of place.

Yea if they just gave it a bit more serious tone (beforehand)

could have been on some Mr. Glass shyt in terms of loneliness/sadness.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea if they just gave it a bit more serious tone (beforehand)

could have been on some Mr. Glass shyt in terms of loneliness/sadness.

That's my one real issue with the movie. Tonally with its villains it's too far in one direction. Even Khafa, they went too far in one direction and never swung the pendulum back and Jamie's portrayal of Max was too far over the top even though he was a tad sympathetic and then he went silly Electro when he probably should've been more somber like you said.

To @MartyMcFly point..

Spiderman handled this about as well as he could. Even calling him his "friend"

:sas1: