So What Exactly is Wrong with "Social Justice"?

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
what is social justice exactly?

so·cial jus·tice
noun
  1. justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.
    -Identity politics diluting attention to legitimate issues (catcalling vs police brutality vs transexual support vs black men are trash feminist = BLM)

-SJW being mainly frauds and most "twitter backlash" situations are just people commenting on a trending topic but not being truly invested in the issue (Flint water crisis)

-People who chime and demand things with no realistic plans or intention to execute. In otherwords SJW tend to be people who complain just to complain and don't have any intent to see through the stuff they harp on. (Privilege arguments, demand handouts that can't be reasonably made)

-As a man, I don't respect the reinforced victim mentalities of these groups. Way too much group hugs and apologists way too little fixing.

-SJW are mainly moral grandstanders and don't care nor are invested in actual politics

- SJW are only invested in things that they are triggered by or are opposed to but don't really stand for anything on their own. Or what they do stand for is nebulous concepts. "I support gay rights" "what right are you advocating for?" "........" Basically these people exist to chastise and nothing else.

- Many SJW topics are rooted in pusedoscience and bs social concepts that are good for commenting on online in one off tweets/posts but can't logically unpack. (cultural appropriation, privilege)

- Continuing the above, the reactive ADD nature of how SJW move makes controlled narratives easier. (Ferguson/BLM, NYC catcalling video, fake outrage)

-Outside of calling out discrimination, the labeling is corny. When people can't logically refute an opposing arguement the dodge it by summing it up with a label. Consider it the mainstream white american version of coli's "W-w-well you're a c00n!"

You think privilege is a "bs social concept"? :mjpls:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
"Bleeding heart liberal" is another similar phrase, which I hear all the time. Yes, my heart does "bleed" for all sorts of people, everyday, yes, I want to change the circumstances of the poor, less fortunate, disenfranchised. Yes, it bothers me, that kids go hungry in my city, and no one seems to help or care.

May I ask how you personally go about helping the less fortunate?

Do you do a lot of volunteer work? Do you donate a portion of your income to charity and/or people you know that are in need?

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
May I ask how you personally go about helping the less fortunate?

Do you do a lot of volunteer work? Do you donate a portion of your income to charity and/or people you know that are in need?

Volunteering and charity are not solutions to issues that are intrinsically political (i.e., that have to do with the distribution of resources and power in society).

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Ofcourse there's nothing wrong with social justice. . . But there's a lot wrong with "Social Justice".

The problem with the left nowadays is that many are being conned by powers above their heads into giving up freedom -- their own freedom -- in the name of "Social Justice".

Similar to the war on drugs and the neo-con lead Machiavellian War on Terror, "Social Justice" is meant to keep regular people at each others throats while our real oppressors stay hidden. Why do y'all think huge banks and multinationals are always willing to lend their names to these fights??? It's because they don't mind funding the people killing each other as they rape us.

A great example is 3rd wave feminism and this whole LGBT nonsense. You're being conned into a future of no rights for anyone.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
"SJWs" do warrant some criticism, let's not act like they're infallible. It has more to do with their delivery rather than their actual message tho, their hearts are in the right place.

For instance, some of these feminists and they're "anti-manspreading" rhetoric is tiresome, also things such as "toxic masculinity", which are legitimate issues, get turned into catch-all buzzwords that can be flung as insults in any scenario; I remember I once said I didn't feel comfortable wearing the colour pink and I was accused of toxic masculinity and homophobia :mjlol:

I guess things like that are seen as counterproductive and alienate those who they do not apply to and creates a victim vs oppressor atmosphere, it's why so many white people feel uncomfortable about white privilege and why men are uncomfortable about male privilege.

No one wants to be an oppressor if they feel that they aren't consciously oppressing anyone.
Asking people to accept their privilege is difficult because it's hard for some people to understand and it comes across like you're attacking them as an individual.

That's the problem about the current SJW phenomenon, it became a carcitature of itself in which everyone became a pink haired septum piercing feminist who hated "evil cishet shytlords " and assuming people's gender made you hitler.

The alt right ironically developed due to the triggering of these oppressor groups and they in turn developed their own victim complexes. These movements feed into each other effectively.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be honest. Are you black? You have these "anti-sjw" talking points down to a T.
Yes. Thank you for justifying the section I wrote on labeling, this response was 1000% expected.

Now that you can't label me away I'm interested in seeing if this conversation goes anywhere. Instead of summing everything I wrote up as a talking point how about you tell me how I'm wrong?
so·cial jus·tice
noun
  1. justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.

You think privilege is a "bs social concept"? :mjpls:
in the context of 90% of discussions about it...yes

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
What about the idiotic Afrikans on here who regurgitate that anti-"SJW" rhetoric? We have a few of them here, in the Root, and obviously in TLR.

:yeshrug:They lowkey want that seat at the table. While the community at large is banished to the high chair.

:yeshrug:I mean these dudes will in one breath (understandably) bash Christianity for it's ills, yet they still hold onto these Puritan like ideals that homosexuals are "deviants", women/IG models/single moms need to be shamed, and that the man is the leader of the household.

:ohhh:The strangest occurrence to me is this renown appreciation for hood culture/aesthetics that they feel black people are straying away from; but simultaneously will call for "separation/cutting off" of the actual people from the hood; who'll they gladly argue tooth and nail as an example to those in disbelief as proof of racial and systematic inequality.

It's why the Ankh-Right with all their knowledge of self, and information wanted to form an alliance with the Alt-Right. If they were truly "We all We Got" they'd form collations in house with other groups of the Afrocentric/Black Nationalist spectrum. The white man's table is better I suppose.

I'd go more in depth with the various pitfalls of TLR Pro-Blackness/Coli "Conservatism" but I need to do a bit more digging on the phenomenon of Pan-Africanism being pushed further to the right, because it's truly a needed analysis.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Volunteering and charity are not solutions to issues that are intrinsically political (i.e., that have to do with the distribution of resources and power

but isn't it hypocritical to ask others to help the less fortunate if you don't contribute anything yourself?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug:They lowkey want that seat at the table. While the community at large is banished to the high chair.

:yeshrug:I mean these dudes will in one breath (understandably) bash Christianity for it's ills, yet they still hold onto these Puritan like ideals that homosexuals are "deviants", women/IG models/single moms need to be shamed, and that the man is the leader of the household.

:ohhh:The strangest occurrence to me is this renown appreciation for hood culture/aesthetics that they feel black people are straying away from; but simultaneously will call for "separation/cutting off" of the actual people from the hood; who'll they gladly argue tooth and nail as an example to those in disbelief as proof of racial and systematic inequality.

It's why the Ankh-Right with all their knowledge of self, and information wanted to form an alliance with the Alt-Right. If they were truly "We all We Got" they'd form collations in house with other groups of the Afrocentric/Black Nationalist spectrum. The white man's table is better I suppose.

I'd go more in depth with the various pitfalls of TLR Pro-Blackness/Coli "Conservatism" but I need to do a bit more digging on the phenomenon of Pan-Africanism being pushed further to the right, because it's truly a needed analysis.

If I wasn't a poster on this forum I wouldn't know that the bold represents literally like 1-3 dudes on twitter

If I didn't post here I wouldn't know this forum hates everything conservative off gp purely for the people in the party

If I didn't post here I wouldn't know a large amount of posters here are non-black so merging these opinions with your out look on black political views is dumb.

Even what you're referring to as "TLR Pro blackness" is just the summation of opinions you disagree with from different posters merged into a single entity/mass generalization.
- Continuing the above, the reactive ADD nature of how SJW move makes controlled narratives easier. (Ferguson/BLM, NYC catcalling video, fake outrage)
-Outside of calling out discrimination, the labeling is corny. When people can't logically refute an opposing arguement the dodge it by summing it up with a label. Consider it the mainstream white american version of coli's "W-w-well you're a c00n!"
You're just overnegged and bitter. This comes back to the identity politics thing I said in my first post. SJW carry their flag based on whatever triggers them, period. Not anything they want to build up and certainly not in the name of universal social justice. This is why feminists can't get the intersectionality thing to work cause white feminists will only care about what triggers them and will have race stuff in hindsight. It's why mainstream americans aren't buying into multiculturalism the way it's idealized.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
If I wasn't a poster on this forum I wouldn't know that the bold represents literally like 1-3 dudes on twitter

If I didn't post here I wouldn't know this forum hates everything conservative off gp purely for the people in the party

If I didn't post here I wouldn't know a large amount of posters here are non-black so merging these opinions with your out look on black political views is dumb.

Even what you're referring to as "TLR Pro blackness" is just the summation of opinions you disagree with from different posters merged into a single entity/mass generalization.

You're just overnegged and bitter. This comes back to the identity politics thing I said in my first post. SJW carry their flag based on whatever triggers them, period. Not anything they want to build up and certainly not in the name of universal social justice. This is why feminists can't get the intersectionality thing to work cause white feminists will only care about what triggers them and will have race stuff in hindsight. It's why mainstream americans aren't buying into multiculturalism the way it's idealized.

What do you mean by this? Also examples of mainstream Americans not buying into multiculturalism please

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
This is why feminists can't get the intersectionality thing to work cause white feminists will only care about what triggers them and will have race stuff in hindsight

I've asked twice now about what exactly they were protesting on women's day and I've gotten no answer.

I got name calling, I got smileys... but I got no answers.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you mean by this? Also examples of mainstream Americans not buying into multiculturalism please
Ummmm the election of the 45th president that ran on a platform of deporting mexicans and banning muslims?

For black people: the hair store attack video/ peter liang- akai gurley case

Hell, people arguing about cultural appropriation is the greatest proof of it. Multiculturalism is supposed to promote participation and acceptance of other cultures. The arguments are less about the incidents themselves and more about underlying emotion on how people feel about white folks participating in non-white cultures when placed in context with the atrocities of colonialism.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
I've asked twice now about what exactly they were protesting on women's day and I've gotten no answer.

I got name calling, I got smileys... but I got no answers.

I think part of it was a protest against government telling women what to do with their bodies (contraceptives, abortion, etc) which I can get behind.

Tyrantus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. Thank you for justifying the section I wrote on labeling, this response was 1000% expected.

Now that you can't label me away I'm interested in seeing if this conversation goes anywhere. Instead of summing everything I wrote up as a talking point how about you tell me how I'm wrong?

So are you black or not? Not interested in discussing a label you use to "label people away", as you would say.