Some say TITHING is.foolish...just a thought.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
So I'm hoping to learn something new from the coli OGS more graced in this topic.

But I was reading about Melchizedek. In the bible..

For the non familiar..he is a mysterious King/Priest of Salem..which I believe was a Caananite city before the Israelites took the land.

Abraham had just won a battle against the Caananites.

MELCHIZEDEK gave Abraham some food and wine and blessed Abraham.

In return Abraham gave Melchizedek a tenth of all his goods including his own personal goods and possiblt even war loot(correct if wrong on this one please).

Now I've read that Melchizedek was a heavenly being.

What does this have to do with tithing?

Well I know we've seen videos of rich pastors or even personally.know of people or instances where it seems the churchgoers are poor and the pastor seems filthy rich..tithing is usually laughed at .

BUT

I JUST want to argue that tithing isn't about the pastor but more about faith. Meaning that perhaps GOD is wanting us to have faith in him and in the idea or concept that everything we get is from GOD..including that job you worked 12hrs a day OT at.

So by giving a tenth of that earning "back to GOD". YOU'RE having faith and you're buying into the thinking that GOD is your ultimate provider.

Now OGs correct me if wrong but tithing doesn't just mean throwing money in the pot at church..but could mean hooking that homeless lady outside Walmart with a $20. Or perhaps giving a ride to that lady you saw with kids in a stroller and groceries walking down a long road.on a hot day.? Or doing boss shyt and being a football coach volunteering your off time to better the lives of youngns...?

I don't know...I tried my best not to.come off as an authority on this subject as I AM NOT .

And I'll add.....don't forget about JESUS brehs..he is many things..LORD...our...intercessor in heaven and HE IS WORTHY to be praised:ohlawd:

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
@Psalms 37

It's more about why you give than what you give and what are you reflecting in your heart when you give. If you want you can read Psalm 31 for more insight. If you give $100 with pride vs. $5 with humility in your heart God will bless the $5 and reject the $100.

For some $5 is nothing at McDonald's, but a ton at church.

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I keep saying being a pastor is a easy hustle. All you gotta do is sell fake hopes and dreams to suckers that still haven't gotten the clue.

And catch your pastor wearing expensive clothes, riding in a expensive car and move up in a big ass house from your expense while your ass stuck in the slums with a beat up ass car and wearing clothes older than your grand kids.

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
"Your pastor lie to you right from the pulpit
Go hard or starve
No wait on God
Give him your money? That's bullshyt"

These lines from Kevin Gates made me say fukk religion.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
A white nikka in the sky
Needs our money in return
We receive blessings, love and eternal saving in the sky :skip:
Now read that shyt aloud to yourself
Does that even sound rational
Next time you see your pastor whipping that Patty Mayonnaise Benz around the block
Just ask yourself
Do I really need to go to a “House of the Lord”
To believe and pray in something I can’t see or never felt:skip:
It’s one thing to have faith and to believe in something
It’s another thing to be a fool giving your hard earn money away
To a nikka that probably don’t even believe in him or her of the universe:skip:
And before you Jesus freaks at me some dumb shyt I’m not going to read
I grew up in the church
Know enough scriptures to get me by
And I believe in something
But I don’t believe in no holy trap house or the depiction of Christ they peddle to the masses

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
there are two sources on tithing/taxation in the bible

1. Melchizedek as was earlier mentioned. Its important to note he always referred to God as El Elyon "Possessor of Heaven and Earth"

2. and Pharaoh that knows Joseph (who from Joseph gathering grain brought 20% of his earnings back to Pharaoh except for Priests)

It is said in the gospels that if you cannot afford to tithe, give whatever you can afford to give. But give nonetheless...

in a weird irony, the two rituals seem to work with each other

predator-arnold.gif

103024189.jpg

@Marks @Koichos Set/Montu was said to be the "Lord of the Red Land" I wonder why they called it that? :jbhmm: the bread and wine country