Some say TITHING is.foolish...just a thought.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
In principle it's sound.

But the money goes to a regular lunkhead most times. A human. One who is not truly out tryna save people.

SOHH. Fukc that. I'm not giving to someone who is already rich.

A preacher that was worthy of this kind of responsibility would be broke himself from giving everything to others. If he was taking my tithe and putting it in the bellies of the hungry then I'd be into it.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
"Deshret"

shutterstock_713084413-scaled.jpg

the wilderness
yup

to me, the mistake of Egypt is the double crown and the hemhem crown...from the outside looking in of course :troll:

...for the record the Deshret crown represents the Letter and sound of "N" and the Hedjet(upper egypt crown) represents the letter and sound of "H"

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
It’s all about community

The 10% collectively goes towards the church and as long as the congregation is led by a good shepherd the church will be prosperous and that pours back into the community.

We have to get back to that.

Not the mega churches, the small neighborhood churches.

Last edited:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
It’s all about community

The 10% collectively goes towards the church and as long as the congregation is led by a good shepherd the church will be prosperous and that pours back into the community.

We have to get back to that.

Not the mega churches, the small neighborhood churches.

This for sure. A lot of people don’t think about the costs just to keep the building open as well. My family was close to the leadership to their old church and I know first hand the bills just to keep the doors open are super high. Also there should be visible signs of where this money is going.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A white nikka in the sky
Needs our money in return
We receive blessings, love and eternal saving in the sky :skip:
Now read that shyt aloud to yourself
Does that even sound rational
Next time you see your pastor whipping that Patty Mayonnaise Benz around the block
Just ask yourself
Do I really need to go to a “House of the Lord”
To believe and pray in something I can’t see or never felt:skip:
It’s one thing to have faith and to believe in something
It’s another thing to be a fool giving your hard earn money away
To a nikka that probably don’t even believe in him or her of the universe:skip:
And before you Jesus freaks at me some dumb shyt I’m not going to read
I grew up in the church
Know enough scriptures to get me by
And I believe in something
But I don’t believe in no holy trap house or the depiction of Christ they peddle to the masses
Sound like a ponzi scheme/racketeeringlol

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That 10% is set for purpose of establishing infrastructure to a community within a community. Like the church did during the roman empire. Black spirituality in America is still in flux and figuring itself out while the economy, inflation, and quality of life expectancy are steadily rising. That 10% from an already broke people (collectively) just isnt going as far as used to in the community, and the people running the church have to keep up a certain appearance level to keep up with the decadence of the secular world. Church membership always follows the (illusion of) money.

Spiritual instutions/religions/churches are important. There are many people need an example of ethics/morality to follow blindly and it is an important profession to undertake the responsiblity of maintaining that work. You do not want to live in a world of people being left to their own moral devices. Still, there needs to be some sort of punishment for the misappropriation of church funds because it's gotten blatant.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I keep saying being a pastor is a easy hustle. All you gotta do is sell fake hopes and dreams to suckers that still haven't gotten the clue.

And catch your pastor wearing expensive clothes, riding in a expensive car and move up in a big ass house from your expense while your ass stuck in the slums with a beat up ass car and wearing clothes older than your grand kids.

False most churches are tiny and most pastors aren’t making any money

My brother in law is a pastor and every month is taking out of his own pocket to cover all the bills

But this is the coli dot com where every pastor is living large

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I dont even go to church these pastors stealing from y'all asses... :mjlol: :dead: why does GOD need money???

For context my church has like 50 members
When we were renting the cheapest was 4,000 a month

Most folks ain't paying tithes

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I ain't giving my bank details to no Joel Osteen but yeah

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Coli heathens laugh

God has blessed me that's why I can donate 10 percent to my church. Help out the homeless and other charities and still travel to 10 plus countries a year.

The blessings of Abraham

You greedy scmucks

invalid

Banned
Daps
JUST want to argue that tithing isn't about the pastor but more about faith.

This is what it's always been about. Which is why when people, who do not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them, levy criticisms with respect to this topic, against those who do, they're not taken seriously and are ignored, because they don't understand what T&O is about.

It should also be said that Christians don't "tithe". It's a misnomer. Tithing was a mandate of the mosaic law and Christians are in no way bound to fulfill legalistic mosaic laws because it was already fulfilled for us, through Christ, of course. What Christians give is actually an offering. It should also be noted, there are different types of tithes and offerings.