Some say TITHING is.foolish...just a thought.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Bro same thing. Used to see them old ladies who couldn’t even afford bus fare. fukk old ladies, just people in general. So those very same people are supposed to give away 10% :russ: does Jesus not know how to fukking do Math. Yeah if I am a regular middle class person or just doing alright, that 10% might be no problem, but if I got mouths to feed and little income In no way is that fukking feasible because that’s a large fukking percentage for someone living in poverty. You hear pastors talk about it like it ain’t shyt. Yeah to people who have it it ain’t. But in real life there are people who don’t know what they eating tonight and don’t have money in the fridge but they supposed to give it to the lord and hope they get in back from Jesus when in reality people who pray and give tithes every Sunday lose they lives, they homes, they jobs, starve, And ect… just a big fukking finesse. People can say, it’s common sense for those who don’t have it to give what they can… but most pastors pressure the entire church on that 10%

All them athletes, rappers, business people etc shouting out god first thing know damn well they not giving up ten of they income to a church :dead:

but ya'll expecting regular folk to do so. come on man.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Dawg, c'mon....God doesn't need money, but His CAUSES do. Orphanages, for example. I posted about this before and a couple of people actually supported, but our organization supports two orphanages in Africa (one in Uganda, one in Kenya). They ALWAYS need food, clothing, etc. You tithe $100 a month to THAT cause and you get to SEE how your tithe CHANGES LIVES and impacts impoverished folks. I been sponsoring a child in Haiti since 2016 through Compassion International, got to watch him grow from a preschooler to now he's going on 12....I only pay $38/month for that sponsorship and it has COMPLETELY changed that young man's life, AND the life of his family. He wrote me last week talmbout they just bought a goat with that last installment....you know how VALUABLE that goat will be to their family, to their VILLAGE?

So yeah....God doesn't need JACK from us, dawggie....but His PEOPLE do. And Jesus TOLD US who "God's people" are: widows, orphans, the poor, those in prison....

Again...it's not GOD'S fault that humanity is corrupt and intrinsically destroys everything it touches. That's not on Him, that's on free will.

Why doesn't god just...provide these things to his devout followers :dwillhuh:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
And why would I still give corrupt institutions MY fukking money???:what:
:russ:

You ain't GOTTA give anybody ANYTHING, dawggie.

And that's my whole point in this thread...tithing ain't MANDATORY under the NT, and anyone saying otherwise is either lying or trying to get over on some "hustle God's people" shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
He does.

God's Word is filled with such promises of provision for those who believe (THAT'S the qualifier, according to His Word). I know people living it out every day, living under God's grace.

But it's a fundamental principle: if you don't believe it, then it won't apply to you. God doesn't MAKE people follow Him (which is why it's so wrong for Christians to try to do that), it's all choice. But when people CHOOSE to believe, God comes through.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." - Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

^^If cats don't first BELIEVE that, then they're not gonna "get everything they need".

So it really is a FAITH thing, though...and some people have it and others don't. People gotta stop coming at each others' necks because we don't agree in what we believe, that's the main problem with RELIGION.

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
what i learned from muslims during ramadan

if u cant be disciplined enough to fast..then u have to feed 60 people on a daily during that period. so them nikkas rather starve than feed those who dont have.

as an african, seeing how religion works, how pastors (even the catholic church which is richer) get rich and lambo it rather than build clinics or schools or pay school fees (usually cheaper than a burger) for their poorest followers...i now understand, its a dog eat dog world.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
He does.

God's Word is filled with such promises of provision for those who believe (THAT'S the qualifier, according to His Word). I know people living it out every day, living under God's grace.

But it's a fundamental principle: if you don't believe it, then it won't apply to you. God doesn't MAKE people follow Him (which is why it's so wrong for Christians to try to do that), it's all choice. But when people CHOOSE to believe, God comes through.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." - Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

^^If cats don't first BELIEVE that, then they're not gonna "get everything they need".

So it really is a FAITH thing, though...and some people have it and others don't. People gotta stop coming at each others' necks because we don't agree in what we believe, that's the main problem with RELIGION.

I'm not gonna dispute none of this because at least you said its based on faith and I have no retort to anyone's faith. Thats a concept that can't be proven which is fine.

I still think its bizarre an all powerful god has the ability to quell all the problems of his believers and yet either doesn't or passes the buck to a human.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I don’t actually believe in the Bible.
...and that's TOTALLY fair, big dawg.

The problem I have is with the JUDGMENT of the collective. I shouldn't be judging YOU for NOT believing the same way that you shouldn't judge others FOR believing.

I agree, Christians act in ways that are 100% NOT "godly" or Christlike....but that's not HIS fault. That's all I'm saying. So yeah, some are fake, some go overboard, some ARE judgmental....but NONE OF THOSE THINGS represent Christ and, therefore, they just FRONTIN in His name....and He's already SAID that they're gonna hafta answer for that.

Good convo, brother. :salute:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you go to church, you need to drop some money in there. It cost money to pay for the building, electricity etc. Going to church and not donating is like someone doing a job for you as a favor and you not thanking them. This is the truest answer to the topic of tithes. Any other answer in opposition to this, or antagonistic or even with the slightest deviation from this, shall be deemed outright inferior by design.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
he provides for them and you and you are unaware of it

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Matthew 6:26-30

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If you go to church, you need to drop some money in there. It cost money to pay for the building, electricity etc. Going to church and not donating is like someone doing a job for you as a favor and you not thanking them. This is the truest answer to the topic of tithes. Any other answer in opposition to this shall be deemed outright inferior by design.

Didnt god say come as you are... and I am broke...:mjgrin::manny: So.......

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didnt god say come as you are... and I am broke...:mjgrin::manny: So.......
He did. But when Saul was looking for a lost sheep. He happened upon a prophet. His name was Samuel.

Samuel had already been informed of Saul’s arrival by the lord.

Samuel delivered the good news to Saul. And also told Saul where to find his lost sheep.

Saul then offered the prophet some goods. The prophet did not ask for anything. Saul offered it as a token of his sincere appreciation for the prophets help. Save your thank yous. They’re just words.

Now Saul later became evil. But that’s besides the point.

When using services provided by the servants of a religion, do not use them. They are humans like you. Pay them for presenting a space from which you can worship, or be entertained (like most church goers).

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
He did. But when Saul was looking for a lost sheep. He happened upon a prophet. His name was Samuel. Samuel had already been informed of Saul’s arrival. Samuel delivered the good news to Saul. And told Saul where to find his lost sheep. Saul then offered the prophet some goods. The prophet did not ask for anything.

Now Saul later became evil. But that’s besides the point.

When using services b provided by the servants of a religion, do not use them. They are humans like you. Pay them for presenting a space from which you can worship, or be entertained (like most church goers).

:snooze: i dont care about any of that...