Some say TITHING is.foolish...just a thought.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Coli heathens laugh

God has blessed me that's why I can donate 10 percent to my church. Help out the homeless and other charities and still travel to 10 plus countries a year

The blessings of Abraham

You greedy scmucks
Is that what your pastor tells you he's doing??? :dead:

You by the letter Christians are such suckers it's embarassing. It's one thing to believe but to believe in tithing is absurd.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Great thread @Psalms 37 .

First of all you have to understand that many of the responses in this thread are not going to be serious answers or provide the discussion that you want because there are so many non-believers and athiests on this board.

The tithe was never intended to make pastors rich...it's been corrupted to represent that. It's not GOD'S fault that men take what He gives them and taints and corrupts it for their own benefit (like the technological advances made through social media, for example 😄).

Aside from Melchizidek - and biblically speaking, VERY generally - the tithe was initially intended to serve as a provision to the Levites. According to Numbers 18:21–32 all tithes in Israel were given to the Levites forever in return for sanctuary service and in place of other inheritance in the land (see also Deuteronomy 18:1-2). In other words, because the Levites' lives had been dedicated to ministerial service, to serving God 24/7 - and thus they could not work like others, AND because they were the only tribe without land - the tithe was the way to ensure that they could have provisions to live off of, as well.

But people got tithing twisted because of what RELIGION has done. Following Christ is a RELATIONSHIP based on the parameters that HE laid out; but religion is all man-made crap and has little to do with God. People get the two twisted far too often, and ordinances like tithing often get caught up (and become a casualty) in that confusion (so do baptism and Communion).

Further, you don't HAVE to tithe to your church. You can tithe to whatever you want, so long as it brings God glory and brings glory to His Kingdom. So tithe to your local Boys and Girls Club, or to your local food bank.....those are just as effective. Plus, that way you know EXACTLY where your tithe is going. Many churches do not have proper accountability in letting the body know precisely where their tithes went. DUDE...a church should NOT exist for several decades and yet they still got a BUILDING FUND BUT NO NEW BUILDING, only giving periodic updates on 1st Sundays, like nikka stop playin...

Basically, we are not under any biblical DUTY to tithe to our churches under the New Testament. Instead, God makes it a matter of the HEART - give what you can and do it cheerfully. If you tithed $3,000 - but gave it BEGRUDGINGLY, like "(*rolls eyes*) here, Lord, just take it before I change my mind" - God doesn't WANT that (see 2 Cor 9:7) and you might as well keep it. :pachaha: Seriously, God would rather have $5 from someone who truly loves and is obedient to Him than a million dollars from someone who doesn't REALLY wanna give that milli to Him, OR who gives the milli and then thinks BECAUSE they did, that such a gesture somehow gives them a license to sin or do wrong, like that money somehow bought them a way into God's good graces. :camby:

Further, you don't have to tithe your MONEY exclusively, either...you can tithe your TIME, too, by volunteering to serve, etc.

There's much more I could comment on, but....suffice it to say, ANY pastor who tells you that you HAVE to tithe to their church is playing you. And...that IS how unscrupulous pastors operate but, again, ONE PASTOR don't represent all pastors and one church don't represent all churches....the same way that ONE Black person doesn't represent ALL Black people, or the way that the actions of a FEW don't properly represent those of the Black diaspora collectively (also, PLEASE BELIEVE that the Bible has much to say about those unscrupulous pastors, and that they WILL have to pay a much higher price than others for their actions).

I challenge y’all to Google the phrase "Malachi 3:10 tithing board"....Google that, then click on the "Images" tab on the menu.....that image you will see IS NOT biblical, churches have NO BUSINESS talmbout "these people haven't paid their tithes, so let's shame them into doing so in this fashion". That is UNEQUIVOCALLY NOT BIBLICAL, and if you go to a church that has a tithing board like that, you need to LEAVE that jawn ASAP. Your tithe is between YOU AND GOD...and frankly, it's none of the pastor's OR the church's business how much you tithe.

But yeah....good topic.

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I dont even go to church these pastors stealing from y'all asses... :mjlol: :dead: why does GOD need money???
Dawg, c'mon....God doesn't need money, but His CAUSES do. Orphanages, for example. I posted about this before and a couple of people actually supported, but our organization supports two orphanages in Africa (one in Uganda, one in Kenya). They ALWAYS need food, clothing, etc. You tithe $100 a month to THAT cause and you get to SEE how your tithe CHANGES LIVES and impacts impoverished folks. I been sponsoring a child in Haiti since 2016 through Compassion International, got to watch him grow from a preschooler to now he's going on 12....I only pay $38/month for that sponsorship and it has COMPLETELY changed that young man's life, AND the life of his family. He wrote me last week talmbout they just bought a goat with that last installment....you know how VALUABLE that goat will be to their family, to their VILLAGE?

So yeah....God doesn't need JACK from us, dawggie....but His PEOPLE do. And Jesus TOLD US who "God's people" are: widows, orphans, the poor, those in prison....

Again...it's not GOD'S fault that humanity is corrupt and intrinsically destroys everything it touches. That's not on Him, that's on free will.

Last edited:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
A white nikka in the sky
Needs our money in return
We receive blessings, love and eternal saving in the sky :skip:
Now read that shyt aloud to yourself
Does that even sound rational
Next time you see your pastor whipping that Patty Mayonnaise Benz around the block
Just ask yourself
Do I really need to go to a “House of the Lord”
To believe and pray in something I can’t see or never felt:skip:
It’s one thing to have faith and to believe in something
It’s another thing to be a fool giving your hard earn money away
To a nikka that probably don’t even believe in him or her of the universe:skip:
And before you Jesus freaks at me some dumb shyt I’m not going to read
I grew up in the church
Know enough scriptures to get me by
And I believe in something
But I don’t believe in no holy trap house or the depiction of Christ they peddle to the masses
Heathen!!!!! Look at Gawd!!!

:lolbron:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
One of the stupidest things christians do and, they do oh so many silly things.

Even as a jit I knew that shyt was nonsense because people in my family would tithe to the church weekly, meanwhile complain about bills and how they can't afford this and that. Stupid nikka you just GAVE away the means to afford that, in hopes that god will inexplicably bless you finally :dead: And then you see the pastor whipping some shiny ass space car or suit and you start to put two and two together.

Lets say you are a regular average earner that tithes from the time you work till death. thats about 50k I suppose. lets say 25-75.

So you giving up like 250k+...for free. Church one of the most preposterous rackets :dead:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Heathen!!!!! Look at Gawd!!!

:lolbron:

Did you know that his nephew, Costi Hinn, came out against him, acknowledging that it's all fake and that his uncle was a charlatan and his ministry was ungodly and fraudulent?

Benny Hinn does not represent Christ....so he should not be held up as a barometer for Christian faith....pretty simple. :manny:

AGAIN....you can't come down on God or His Word simply because PEOPLE choose to be disobedient and undisciplined.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
One of the stupidest things christians do and, they do oh so many silly things.

Even as a jit I knew that shyt was nonsense because people in my family would tithe to the church weekly, meanwhile complain about bills and how they can't afford this and that. Stupid nikka you just GAVE away the means to afford that, in hopes that god will inexplicably bless you finally :dead: And then you see the pastor whipping some shiny ass space car or suit and you start to put two and two together.

Lets say you are a regular average earner that tithes from the time you work till death. thats about 50k I suppose. lets say 25-75.

So you giving up like 250k+...for free. Church one of the most preposterous rackets :dead:
Bro same thing. Used to see them old ladies who couldn’t even afford bus fare. fukk old ladies, just people in general. So those very same people are supposed to give away 10% :russ: does Jesus not know how to fukking do Math. Yeah if I am a regular middle class person or just doing alright, that 10% might be no problem, but if I got mouths to feed and little income In no way is that fukking feasible because that’s a large fukking percentage for someone living in poverty. You hear pastors talk about it like it ain’t shyt. Yeah to people who have it it ain’t. But in real life there are people who don’t know what they eating tonight and don’t have money in the fridge but they supposed to give it to the lord and hope they get in back from Jesus when in reality people who pray and give tithes every Sunday lose they lives, they homes, they jobs, starve, And ect… just a big fukking finesse. People can say, it’s common sense for those who don’t have it to give what they can… but most pastors pressure the entire church on that 10%

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Did you know that his nephew, Costi Hinn, came out against him, acknowledging that it's all fake and that his uncle was a charlatan and his ministry was ungodly and fraudulent?

Benny Hinn does not represent Christ....so he should not be held up as a barometer for Christian faith....pretty simple. :manny:

AGAIN....you can't come down on God or His Word simply because PEOPLE choose to be disobedient and undisciplined.
Lol bro I have no idea who the hell he is.. I just thought the gif was funny. Me not being a Christian has nothing to do with any actual pastor. I don’t actually believe in the Bible. But you are free to my brother . I would hope every Christian knows all that healing shyt is fake. Unfortunately that’s not true though as you can see by the crowds in not just his but churches every sunday lol. But I grew up in church and poor people are pressured to give what they don’t have for they soul and jesus

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Dawg, c'mon....God doesn't need money, but His CAUSES do. Orphanages, for example. I posted about this before and a couple of people actually supported, but our organization supports two orphanages in Africa (one in Uganda, one in Kenya). They ALWAYS need food, clothing, etc. You tithe $100 a month to THAT cause and you get to SEE how your tithe CHANGES LIVES and impacts impoverished folks. I been sponsoring a child in Haiti since 2016 through Compassion International, got to watch him grow from a preschooler to now he's going on 12....I only pay $38/month for that sponsorship and it has COMPLETELY changed that young man's life, AND the life of his family. He wrote me last week talmbout they just bought a goat with that last installment....you know how VALUABLE that goat will be to their family, to their VILLAGE?

So yeah....God doesn't need JACK from us, dawggie....but His PEOPLE do. And Jesus TOLD US who "God's people" are: widows, orphans, the poor, those in prison....

Again...it's not GOD'S fault that humanity is corrupt and intrinsically destroys everything it touches. That's not on Him, that's on free will.

And why would I still give corrupt institutions MY fukking money???:what: