Some say TITHING is.foolish...just a thought.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
He did. But when Saul was looking for a lost sheep. He happened upon a prophet. His name was Samuel.

Samuel had already been informed of Saul’s arrival by the lord.

Samuel delivered the good news to Saul. And also told Saul where to find his lost sheep.

Saul then offered the prophet some goods. The prophet did not ask for anything. Saul offered it as a token of his sincere appreciation for the prophets help. Save your thank yous. They’re just words.

Now Saul later became evil. But that’s besides the point.

When using services provided by the servants of a religion, do not use them. They are humans like you. Pay them for presenting a space from which you can worship, or be entertained (like most church goers).

Saul and Samuel were probably fakkits :mjlol:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows [a]bountifully will also reap [b]bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of [c]necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

:blessed:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Can I get an Amen .. where that money at ???

This is a fukking mental illness period. Y’all are fukking out of y’all minds

It's not mental illness.

As someone who has been to Benny Hinn services and many other famous and non-famous ppl of Christianity services, I will tell you that these things like an entire crowd falling, etc are a form of hypnosis.

You're chanting/singing along, wrapped up in a moment where you with all your heart and everything good in you want to believe, so you totally buy in in the moment. So combine that earnest belief with chants, and emotionalism and you are now mentally subject to a state of suggestion.

So when he yells "Fire!", you're going to fall. I did.

It's really a more fascinating study that hasn't been covered extensively. I think it's why the catholic church is all about chants and repetition

It's not mental illness it's just a form of hypnosis.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I still think its bizarre an all powerful god has the ability to quell all the problems of his believers and yet either doesn't or passes the buck to a human.
Thanks for this post, fam.

Think of it like this:

Let's say a parent has a kid who NEVER listens or obeys a specific set of rules which the parent has laid out (e.g., doesn’t obey curfew, talks back, etc.), yet who ALWAYS expects the parent to still kick in and do whatever the kid says on command. AT SOME POINT, that parent gonna be like "you know what? This how you wanna do it? Fine....I'm not helping you no more, then, you're cut off. I will no longer enable you."

In other words, the child FORCED the parent's hand. The parent HAS the power to help - maybe even ALLEVIATE the issue - but the child's negative disposition towards the parent's sovereignty and authority PRECLUDES the parent from doing anything for the kid. Basically, the kid plays his/herself out of a position and out of favor with the parent due to their OWN HAND, their own stubbornness and disobedience.

It's the same way with God. He's that parent, we're (humanity) that hard-headed kid. Why should He act favorably for a people who (a) don't even believe He's real, so they (b) don't accept or respect His authority, and (c) laugh at the idea of His sovereignty over their lives and thus (d) live their lives out in the EXACT OPPOSITE manner that He specifically told them to? Like, people deliberately go out of their way to sin....so why should God feel compelled to do anything for such ungrateful people?

So he's like "if you don't wanna listen, then figure it out yourself, smart guy. Make another Hov, nikka..." :russ:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Who are the Churches giving their 10 Percent to?
giphy.gif

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I keep saying being a pastor is a easy hustle. All you gotta do is sell fake hopes and dreams to suckers that still haven't gotten the clue.

And catch your pastor wearing expensive clothes, riding in a expensive car and move up in a big ass house from your expense while your ass stuck in the slums with a beat up ass car and wearing clothes older than your grand kids.

A GOOD PASTOR AND A PASTOR ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

I JUST RECENTLY STARTED HELPING MY PASTOR WITH SOME OF HIS STUFF. PEOPLE THINK THEY JUST COLLECT CHECKS AND DO NOTHING.

MEGA CHURCHES JUST HAVE A HUGE ADVANTAGE DUE TO MANPOWER. SMALL TO MEDIUM CHURCHES HAVE IT MUCH HARDER.