Star Wars Episode VII spoiler discussion thread (enter at your own discretion)

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: at u thinking they dont have em already.
Every single major Star Wars fan is going to be discussing these spoilers online :heh:

The casuals though :demonic: I'll dap anyone who spoils it on SM as well

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Atsym Sknyfs

I just caught up on all Rebels episodes yesterday, I think you're into something with that Stormtrooper cadet. And the sister he mentioned, possibly some connection to Lupita there? Maybe her mother?

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
It would be unoriginal af if Luke turns to the Dark Side like his father before him. He needs to just keep fighting the Sith. Another spoiler says he's the one who kills Han :leon:

In any event, we kno for sure that Han is toast.

Last edited:

Kid-Wave

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be unoriginal af if Luke turns to the Dark Side like his father before him. He needs to just keep fighting the Sith. Another spoiler says he's the one who kills Han :leon:

In any event, we kno for sure that Han is toast.
That's actually what happened in all of the books haha, being the only Jedi left and needing to learn more about the force in order to re-create a jedi order, he becomes palpatines apprentice....yeah palpatine comes back lol

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still think the brotha falls in love with lupita. She turns to the dark side at the end of the first movie and he travels the next two movies to save her only to find out she is his sister. She commits suicide in movie three trying to save him. Y'all know how this shyt goes in star wars.

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
That's actually what happened in all of the books haha, being the only Jedi left and needing to learn more about the force in order to re-create a jedi order, he becomes palpatines apprentice....yeah palpatine comes back lol
That's completely ridiculous, thank God the EU is no longer canon. The fanboys sad cos Disney stepped in and erased over the EU like on an old VHS tape :umad: :mjlol:

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@Atsym Sknyfs

I just caught up on all Rebels episodes yesterday, I think you're into something with that Stormtrooper cadet. And the sister he mentioned, possibly some connection to Lupita there? Maybe her mother?

I would be supreise if Lupita and Boyega are brother and sister .... with Boyega being good and Lupita being an inquisitor or whatever ... and she gets redeemed in episode 9

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I would be supreise if Lupita and Boyega are brother and sister .... with Boyega being good and Lupita being an inquisitor or whatever ... and she gets redeemed in episode 9
if that were the case its almost like their using the jacen solo/jaina solo shyt where one is the light and one is the dark..

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2o4hhp/rumor_potential_4chan_episode_vii_leak_part_2/

• The premise of the film is that the Force has become stronger and more potent. There is a great tremor in the Force early in the film; those familiar with the Force feel as if its fundamental nature has somehow changed, while previously oblivious Force-sensitive individuals suddenly realize that they have a gift. This creates a great dichotomy of where to go, because neither Luke nor the antagonists are ready for this new liberation of awareness.

• Following the repression of the Empire and the Jedi purge, the Force is finally manifesting itself in more people who have the capacity to use it. In this context, it appears as if the Force wants to be used.
John Boyega, Luke Skywalker, and Daisy Ridley

• Boyega is, for all intents and purposes, the “new Luke Skywalker” (with a touch of Han Solo thrown in). He realizes he’s Force-sensitive when he feels the aforementioned tremor.

• Boyega is an orphan.

• Boyega, Daisy, and Adam Driver are all weak in terms of the Force throughout the film.

• Luke has trained seven Jedi since Endor, two of whom surface in the third act. It is unknown whether Lupita Nyong’o’s character is included in this distinction.

• In terms of character nature, Luke is like Yoda’s successor.

• No mention is made of Luke having a child.

• Palpatine is referenced a couple of times, particularly regarding his role and the decisions he made during Luke’s temptation and resistance in Return of the Jedi.

• Luke went into seclusion following an event post-Endor that has caused him to become hesitant when using his power to its full extent. He’s not really hiding, but rather hoping to keep attention off of his activities.

• People think Luke is a bit of a kook given his 20 year absence, but he is said to have a purpose and plan behind his decisions. He’s a bit of an urban legend by the time the film starts.

• Luke has come to the conclusion that the Jedi are not meant to be an open, quasi-police force like they were in the prequels. He has a close connection to the living Force, and he believes balance must be maintained through a lack of interference in the mundane conflicts of the galaxy. Luke’s contention is that the Jedi, while still needing to promote peace, order, and harmony, cannot actively become servants for any government – including the Republic. Past events and the demise of the old order are said to have taught him that.

• He is also said to be in contact with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in addition to Yoda.

• Luke does not die, turn evil, or go crazy.

• Daisy Ridley’s character, "Kira", has been raised incognito to both keep her safe from Inquisitors and from traitors within the Republic.

• Kira's ball droid is not related to R2D2, and its existence was apparently requisitioned by Disney.

• She inherits Luke’s original blue lightsaber in the first act of the film.

• Luke’s lightsaber is said to be one of the things that sets the entire film into motion.
Han, Leia, Oscar Isaac, and Domhnall Gleeson

• Leia has been the Republic leader for some 30 years.

• Han and Leia are married.

• Han does not die in the film. With that being said, his death is apparently being planned for Episode VIII. I would remind you all, however, that his death was also planned for Episode VI.

• The Falcon has been retrofitted by Solo and it is implied that he has had a couple of adventures these past 30 odd years, with and without Leia.

• The X-Wings in the trailer are on Yavin.

• There are Blue, Red, and Gold fighter squadrons in the film.

• Oscar Isaac’s character, "Darklighter", is stationed on Yavin. He is the leader of Blue Squadron.

• Han calls Isaac’s character “kid”, much to his annoyance.

• Domhnall Gleeson’s character is an Imperial officer who defects to the Republic. He is described as a “wingman” that joins the core cadre of good guys.
Adam Driver, Andy Serkis, Max Von Sydow, and Boba Fett

• Adam Driver’s character is the leader of Red Squadron. He is a hot shot fighter axe with dreams of grandeur, and has an ominous fascination with power and the Sith. He collects items relating to their order and has a close relationship with a past character who may or may not have fallen to the Dark Side.

• The hilt on the lightsaber he builds (the one from the trailer) is said to not function as a crossguard.

• Driver is largely untrained in the Force as of Episode VII.

• Andy Serkis’ species is one we have never seen before.

• Serkis’ machinations and outlook are very different from Palpatine’s. He believes the Rule of Two is a foolish edict and considers Palpatine as having made a couple of mistakes.

• We will learn who trained Serkis in the third act.

• Serkis is described as “legit”, and a “worthy foe to [Luke]”.

• Max Von Sydow’s character is not Boba Fett, Darth Maul, or Mace Windu.

• While Sydow’s identity is a surprise, it’s not necessarily earth-shattering. It’s the sort of thing that hardcore fans would be excited about, but overly casual fans likely won’t realize the significance of. Sydow’s identity does have meaning, but you need to know the context.

• Boba Fett does appear, albeit very briefly.
The Expanded Universe

• While the EU is disregarded whenever it interferes with the story trying to be told, apparently a few elements from the Del Rey / Bantam books have become legitimate. For example, Boba Fett’s short story in Tales from Jabba’s Palace is assumed to be how he escaped.

• No EU characters are used.

• Darth Revan is not in the film, and the mask that Adam Driver’s character wears did not belong to him.
Planets

• The Scandanavian esque planet is called Sullarn (as of the film's second draft), and it exists mostly in the film’s third act.

• The planets visited in the film are Tatooine, Yavin, Coruscant, Sullarn, and a final fifth planet from the third act.

• Tatooine is only seen in the first act (the Cantina and Garindan make appearances) and Coruscant is seen very briefly. Two parallel storylines converge on Sullarn, where the film’s climax takes place.

• Sullarn is said to be like Taiga at its best, and the arctic at its worst.
General Information

• There are many visual throwbacks to the prequel trilogy. A lot of conventional props, masks, and prosthetics will be used.

• There is no kissing in the movie, no blood, no Benedict Cumberbatch, no Watto, and no black antagonists.

• “I am your father” esque twists are trying to be saved/concocted for Episode VIII.

• Rebels will have connections to Episode VII, particularly regarding the Inquisitors. Disney has dictated the deep and thorough implementation of the Inquisitors into the Rebels storyline.

• Disney has apparently interfered in several matters regarding the film. That, coupled with "oversights", is causing Abrams great stress; Spoiler Man describes him as looking "10 years older every time we see him" and having no love lost for Disney at this point.

• There are three lightsaber battles in the film. Two of the three illustrate the vast skill gap between the combatants, and the third is “magnificent”, “heavy hitting”, and “original-trilogy styled”.

• The Empire is said to become more of a secondary foe as the new trilogy progresses.

• The film is apparently on par (quality wise) with Episode IV. "I'd say its as good as A New Hope", Spoiler Man says when asked which film it measures up to.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://np.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2o6rse/rumor_potential_4chan_episode_vii_leak_part_3/
Spoiler Man has returned for a third and apparently final time. He contends that LucasFilm has been in heavy damage control following the momentum the leaked information gained, and that this is probably the last time he will be able to communicate. "They practically interrogated a couple of us," he says, adding that he "no longer feels secure". As I've iterated in the previous two threads, this information is very plausible, so exercise caution if you wish to remain definitively unspoiled. Read on at your own risk.

Script Scans

Presumably page 22: https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1417629496123.jpg

• Deak is John Boyega's character.

• Montross is Max Von Sydow's character. He is not Bail Organa.

• Montross may be a codename renamed in Spoiler Man's version of the script. Concept art and low hierarchy crew scripts are renamed and sometimes jumbled up.

• No character is in any way related to Count Dooku.
Presumably page 64: https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1417632178627.jpg

• Opuchi is Andy Serkis' character.

• The small, vertical line in the word "with" (fourth line down) is apparently called a crew marker. In relevant places, they signify which version of the script was given to which level of department. His specific copy of the script, given to LucasFilm employees, has unique markers on certain pages. Around "50 more people" have it in their scripts as well. Its a barcode-esque prompt mark that signifies which group its in. Random letters in every page have them, and they signify Lucasfilm-Post, BadRobot-Post etc.
These script scans are extremely likely to be fake. /u/Stoneymonster has posted a link (http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=b938305f319d24ccb6e0be230fe96ba78a2c6428.103169) indicating clear layering in the photos. If they were real scans, the image would be uniform.

General Information

• Spoiler Man's favorite aspect of the film is the new cast. He says that they're "better than the originals," and that Oscar Isaac, Gleeson, Ridley and Boyega are "REAL ACTORS" that are legitimately good.

• There is a scene in which Boyega's character, Deak, refuses to incincerate innocent villagers.

• Adam Driver's character seems pretty normal until we learn about his obsession with the Sith.

• Daisy Ridley does not wear any revealing outfits.

• Han does not have any Force-sensitivity.

• In Spoiler Man's script, Lupita Nyong'o is human, but his coworkers have claimed that she may have been turned into an alien. Regardless, she is still Boyega's eventual love interest.

• Pip Anderson (who plays a peripheral character) was hired specifically for his acrobatic skill.

• The Force is more potent this time around, and general acrobatics less so.

• There are clones in the film.

• Spaceships have a derelict look about them. The timegap between episodes have not changed them much, and they're still described as "80's angular".

• No Super Star Destroyers, but plenty of regular Star Destroyers. The opening involves one in some capacity.

• They are aiming for 115-120 minutes for length. Even though the movie will be shown digitally, they cannot exceed 6 reels of film. They want to avoid high VPF (virtual print fees).

• The script has many derivative names. Apparently the name "Kane" was proposed and shot down.
JJ Abrams and George Lucas

• JJ has very high degree of paranoia regarding leaks. Spoiler Man contends that JJ himself is "the only reason the whole plot hasn't been revealed yet," and that the Disney oversight trusts him in keeping spoilers from becoming rampant until the Fall of next year.

• JJ has apparently been given a blank authority cheque from Disney.

• JJ is said to have great disdain for the prequels. A rumor circulates LucasFilm that he told Kathleen Kennedy "[George] literally betrayed and murdered his past achievements".

• Despite that, JJ is said to have paid "lip service" to George previously. Lip service means giving someone approval and/or support.

• Lucas is sympathetically tolerated and venerated, but also "lampooned" for "murdering the prequels". Bad Robot loathes him.
Spoiler Man

• Spoiler Man believes it will be a good film. He is said to dislike JJ Abrams' works, but he does concede that Abrams is incredibly stressed and determined not to fail (especially in the eyes of the "purists"). It will be "better than the Star Treks".

• His thoughts on the crossguard lightsaber's design and the new TIE pilot's helmet (https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1417637082435.jpg) are both negative. Apparently, an insider joke regarding the TIE pilot's helmet is that there's a roof on his head.

• Spoiler Man contends that the amount of disinformation that will come in February, once Elstree and Pinewood go "ballistic with spoilers", will be very high.

• In the worst case scenario, he says he is lying to keep you interested in the film, or "muddling up other brutal rumors, hence will improve viewer experience". In an average case scenario, he is telling half-truths that calibrate and manipulate your expectations intelligently. In the best case scenario, he says, "I am absolutely right, but I responsibly avoid vomiting ALL of the big shyt right off the bat."

• For Star Wars fans, he calls this a "win-win". Despite calling the third thread his "final stand", he says "I'll see you guys tomorrow" and will "hold our hands to keep the childlike wonder of classic Star Wars alive through these difficult few weeks".

• Spoiler Man says that tomorrow he will come with the script scene where Driver meets Serkis (the winter forest scene in the trailer) and offer behind the scenes clues as to whether he is "a skilled bullshytter or the real thing". He contends that it doesn't matter whether or not you believe in him.
So, this one was a bit more light on plot developments and revolved moreso around generalities regarding the production. In terms of the plot, I'm still having a hard time determining whether its too good to be true or too good to be false. However, I will say that I believe less now than I did following the previous two threads, especially after the "script scans". First he says its his final appearance, than he says he'll be back tomorrow. Ugh. My head is starting to tell me that he's a fraud, but I really like a lot of the plot. Queue X-Files I want to believe.

Part 4: http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2ob7ns/rumor_potential_4chan_episode_vii_leak_part_4/

Context Links:

The source (part 1): http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/51051918

The source (part 2): http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/51117985

The source (part 3): https://boards.*****.org/tv/thread/51140947 (Quick note for the uninitiated, the thread is a bit difficult to follow. Many fake "Spoiler Man" accounts appeared, cloning his trip code, and there is a lot of shyt to wade through before reaching the point in which he becomes verified).

The leaked concept art:

The teaser:

Trailer release date confirmation: http://www.slashfilm.com/second-star-wars-force-awakens-trailer/

Principle cast and crew: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-epiosde-7-cast-image.jpg

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2ob7ns/rumor_potential_4chan_episode_vii_leak_part_4/

Alright guys. You know the drill by now, so I won’t bore you with warnings and the like. Spoiler Man has come back yet again, contending that yesterday’s posts (compiled in Part 3) were “95% not him”. He says that the “Deak” and “Opuchi” script scans are fake, and that he would never directly spoil the film’s third act “for personal reasons” (?). He adds that he does indeed work at Lucasfilm, but all the stuff about “witch hunts” and the like resulting from the “leak” is wrong; “98% of Star Wars gross are from people who are casual fans and don’t even know the name of Boba Fett. [Lucasfilm] could give a shyt what little things are spoiled on ***** or Reddit.”

For what it’s worth, his writing style and personality are more in line with the first two threads than the third. The uncharacteristic hostility from the third thread is pretty much gone. Anyways, here’s the information. Read at your own risk and all that.

General

• Back in the conceptual stages, JJ wanted a darker version of the universe, and Kasdan had deep rooted desires to reuse some of his original ideas regarding the OT. Lucas' original ideas for the sequels were "a little bit too Skywalker-family centric." He wanted to keep it a family saga, which was fine, but the flak from all the prequel baggage would be huge if "by some cruel act of fate, Christensen appeared as a force ghost."

• Disney did not want the liabilities of the prequels in the new trilogy, so both sides made a compromise: JJ and Kasdan would get their wish for a darker trilogy as they convinced Lucas that the Skywalker-Solo generations could be fallible, and not immune to temptation or ambition. Lucas insisted on a force majeure to set this up, so they came up with "The Force Awakens", where the Force as a concept would move away from the physical-measurable Midichlorian aspect and into a more mystical Kershner-esque form where it could not be quantified or defined. Even the Jedi would be stumped as to what was possible with it.

• The prequels had a diminishing Force-user aspect and the originals had an almost extinct Force-user aspect. These films, however, will have the Force return and its power inflate. It's manifestations are amplified and more potent.

• "Jedi" powers increase, but not necessarily kinetic lightsaber stuff. Dominating someone's mind, breaking into their will; that's the sort of stuff that gets powered up. "Think of it done by Serkis' character," Spoiler Man says. "Done without limitation, without ethical limits. Thats the sort of force powers that are prevalent in this film."

• The political landscape is murky and tired because of the unending war. Luke and company fought and won, but all they succeeded in doing was giving the Empire an enemy that's their equal. We didn't witness the end of the war in Return of the Jedi, we witnessed the first step in a transition that has led to a seemingly endless chessgame between military superpowers. The Republic and the Empire are two snakes eating each others' tails. The movie is dark because the galaxy is stuck in a bad situation that's about to grow worse. Because the Force is about to alter its nature dramatically, those who have been shunned and persecuted so long (Force users) are about to increase in both stature and abilities.

• Of the two, the Empire is the lesser force. Corsucant is Republic territory, and a vicious struggle to conquer it is referred to in the script. This struggle was said to have cost "many lives and assets".

• The Empire is not aligned with the Sith. While the Empire may be bad, the Sith are evil. They have completely different motivations.

• The void of a central power has caused profiteers and illegals to run rampant across a majority of the galaxy.

• There is a scene in which an Imperial fleet is assembled over "Sullarn", the supposed Scandanavian-esque forsaken forest planet. Spoiler Man equates it to a Star Wars version of Rheinland near the end of WWII.

• There is a Krayt dragon scene of some kind which "finally puts a body to a skeleton in play".
Characters

• Boyega and Driver's journeys run parallel. One transitions from bad guys to good guys, and the other vice versa. Driver's journey apparently "hits close to home" for some other characters.

• George pushed for Boyega's casting, but was backed by JJ and by Disney.

• Boyega doesn't die, and "will never die". Spoiler Man reiterates that he is "the new Luke Skywalker".

• Han's main source of empathy and patronage to Boyega's character is due to his own precisely similar conditions when saving Chewie.

• Han mentions Lando to Chewie. While Lando doesn't physically appear in Spoiler Man's script, Spoiler Man has heard that Billy Dee has been cast without any fanfare. He thinks it's likely that Lando will appear, but "can't confirm it 100%".

• When Han meets up with Boyega and Kira, he recognizes the blue lightsaber in their possession as Luke's original (remember, he actually had a chance to use it in Empire).

• Spoiler Man "loves" when people think Adam Driver is Han Solo's son.

• Leia is somewhat Force-aware. She knows things regarding Kira, how she is, etc etc. It's quixotically very similar to how she is in EU, but she is a leader now, a public persona. She is respected and venerable and is "basically on Coruscant" during the film.

• Leia refers to a place called "New Alderaan", but it is never explored further.

• Rumors that Han and Leia are at odds with each other, or "haven't seen each other in years", are false. They are definitively married and Daisy Ridley's "Kira" is definitively their daughter.

• Daisy Ridley's character is the Leia to John Boyega's Luke.

• Daisy Ridley's character is slightly above Luke's levels of power in A New Hope. She is a step beyond Boyega and Driver.

• The TIE fighters in the trailer arrive with a couple of Star Destroyers, and they are on Tatooine hunting for something that Kira happens to find.

• R2 is still central and still finds himself in Luke's old X-Wing at some point.

• The ball droid is somewhat peripheral. "Let's have a cute droid around while Kira does her stuff", Spoiler Man says when asked to describe its role.

• Domhnall Gleeson starts off as an Imperial officer and transitions into an anti-hero. He is said to have the "tastiest role", and is ultimately revealed to be Luke's son. This reveal is "borderline Act III" and the revelation as to who he truly is forms his core story arc. It's said to complement the "reverse homage" nature of the script, with the girl saving the stormtrooper (Daisy and Boyega), Isaac saying "don't get cocky", etc etc.

• Gleeson's mother is revealed in the third act of the film.

• Luke "does not go Matrix" and the X-Wings in the teaser are not en route to stop him.

• A foreboding sense of power comes to accompany every powerful Jedi, including Luke. Mention of his name causes odd stares as people think about "that naive little farm kid who evolved into an AWOL Jedi Master and has the power to shatter capital ships." He's not considered "bad", he is not understood. Why become a master and dissappear for 20 years? Why not help, be the hero of the day? Why go into superhermit mode?

• Pip Anderson's character is an alien that utilises the actor's parkour skills, a la Ray Park's Darth Maul.

• Gwendoline Christie's Inquisitor is Force-sensitive.

• Lupita Nyong'o's character is "ambiguous."

• Max Von Sydow's character is not a veteran of the Clone Wars. He has existed in the prequel area and is recognizable to the purists, but again, the casual fans won't care much about his identity.

• He reiterates that he "never said Serkis trained Palpatine". The first batch of information contended that Serkis attempted to use or train Palpatine for some obscure purpose.

• Serkis' character has a critical role to play in Luke's original lightsaber getting from Bespin to Tatooine's orbit. We don't learn the specifics until Act III, but moving it from point A to point B "obviously required a middle man, voluntary or manipulated".

• When someone mentions Sifo-Dyas, someone says "he died in the Clone Wars (canon)". Another poster replies "yeah, and Vader killed Luke's father". Spoiler Man's response quotes these two posts and says, "focus on this argument; that's a hint".

• Out of John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Adam Driver, and Lupita Nyong'o, only Oscar Isaac lacks Force-sensitivity.
Other Stuff

• There are plenty of nostalgic elements. Spoiler Man says that the most satisfying moment he can reveal is Luke's appearance. It parallels, both visually and contextually, Luke's first meeting with Obi-Wan. However, Luke's appearance is apparently better, and with more baggage attached.

• The showing of the crossguard lightsaber in the trailer was done to emulate the success of Maul's double-edged lightsaber reveal. Although it serves no purpose in the fight that it's involved in, it was ultimately approved my Lucas. The shoddy construction and Driver's limited knowledge factors in to the design and the crossguard is apparently "not utilitarian."

• Practical effects are 60-80% of the process, but they have CGI "decorators", "skittles", textures and trails and lighting additions. CGI is everywhere, yes, but its just a tool/decoration. Most significant things are models and physical effects. "You'll like it and approve it", he says, adding that "Casuals will be floored by it".

• Spoiler Man's contention is that post production is only about 20% done. When someone calls him out, claiming that "if post is only 20% done, how can you know about the CGI?" he has a pretty elaborate response. "Even before final color correction on Baseline, raw footage with even the most basic of effects has layers and layers of CGI on it. You want the classical Terminator hand prop instead of the CGI terminator hand, I get it. Thats why I'm saying that 7 will please you. Almost all of the space sequences are made by classical methods complemented in post by their CGI counterparts. Most dialogue or effect-light scenes are dotted with dozens and dozens of props. A British industry vitalized once by George Lucas and Ridley Scott was reborn when Star Wars used classical props to such an extent: they WILL make a big deal about it."

• While some ships have redesigns, most maintain the classic look. Despite evolution, things appear similar, X-Wings in particular. His favorite design concepts are "the new walkers on Endplanet/Sullarn".

• Michael Arndt's script facets are not in the film, nor will he be credited in any way.

• He contends that the dialogue is good, adding that "Kasdan can't fail in dialogues. Abrams can, but Kasdan can't".

• Spoiler Man has seen no linearly edited footage, but has seen some raw footage of Tatooine and space scenes (shot with IMAX 9802's) that "looks splendid".

• Spoiler Man contends that the films are shot with IMAX 9802s (2 of them). Panavision Panaflex Millennium XLs are also used, especially in Britain. Arri Alexa WAS used for a couple of studio and inner Falcon shots. Coloring will be done on baselight, editing on a couple of advanced platforms like Inferno that we apparently don't know about. He (Spoiler Man) may be considered both pre and post, since they utilized LF departments as auxilliary this time (Bad Robot apparently didn't have enough people).

• Despite agreeing to post an image of himself at Lucasfilm or something along those lines, he says he will only post a "cool picture" when he feels "secure enough to do so". He contends that any "proof" he posts can just as easily be discredited or claimed as false. "You are reading these spoilers of your volition," he says. "Nobody is force feeding you this stuff."

• He claims that he doesn't mutate "other shyt" and he doesn't change "little stuff". He goes "out on a limb, and types as it is." When his two big spoilers are confirmed, everyone will return to his information.

• He still contends that, come February, he'll be "[our] favorite friend", and posted this image:http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1417733097735.jpg alongside a post reiterating that he did not leak yesterday's "script scans". He doesn't provide any commentary on the picture (and no claims that he actually took it).
Just remember guys, nobody is definitively claiming these spoilers are real (except Spoiler Man). Read them, have fun with them, and post what you think. If you want to call bullshyt and point out irregularities, power to you. Regardless of whether it turns out to be completely fake, somewhat fake, somewhat real, or even completely real, a year down the road we can look back at "what could have been" and maybe have some fun with it. Personally, I'd love to know if the above picture has existed on the internet prior to its posting. At any rate, though, I think I've had my fill of Spoiler Man. I'll check out further posts for fun, but I doubt I'll take the time to put it all together again. If he actually posts a decently identity-proving picture, maybe, but for now my interest in his words has waned.

Context links:

The source (part 1): http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/51051918

The source (part 2): http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/51117985

The source (part 3): https://boards.*****.org/tv/thread/51140947 (apparently largely untrue)

The source (part 4-1): https://archive.moe/tv/thread/51175494/

The source (part 4-2): https://archive.moe/tv/thread/51179998

The leaked concept art:

The teaser:

Trailer release date confirmation: http://www.slashfilm.com/second-star-wars-force-awakens-trailer/

Fake script scans: https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1417629496123.jpg; https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1417632178627.jpg

Spoiler Man's picture (pre-existing drone photo): http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1417733097735.jpg

Principle cast and crew: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-epiosde-7-cast-image.jpg

CHL

Superstar
Daps
The political landscape is murky and tired because of the unending war. Luke and company fought and won, but all they succeeded in doing was giving the Empire an enemy that's their equal. We didn't witness the end of the war in Return of the Jedi, we witnessed the first step in a transition that has led to a seemingly endless chessgame between military superpowers. The Republic and the Empire are two snakes eating each others' tails. The movie is dark because the galaxy is stuck in a bad situation that's about to grow worse. Because the Force is about to alter its nature dramatically, those who have been shunned and persecuted so long (Force users) are about to increase in both stature and abilities.

This sounds fantastic. My prediction is towards the end of the trilogy the Empire and (New) Republic have worked out a peace treaty and become semi allies, possibly because they have to face a threat that Serkis character brings.

Of the two, the Empire is the lesser force. Corsucant is Republic territory, and a vicious struggle to conquer it is referred to in the script. This struggle was said to have cost "many lives and assets".

With today's technology. I really hope at some point in the trilogy there is a battle of epic proportions, maybe for Coruscant since it's the capital.

The Empire is not aligned with the Sith. While the Empire may be bad, the Sith are evil. They have completely different motivations.
This is one reason why I think the Empire will eventually join the Republic in fighting the Sith.

Spoiler Man "loves" when people think Adam Driver is Han Solo's son.

Jacen Solo? If Driver isn't a Solo son this seems like a curious thing to say. It would be great if he is.

Leia is somewhat Force-aware. She knows things regarding Kira, how she is, etc etc. It's quixotically very similar to how she is in EU, but she is a leader now, a public persona. She is respected and venerable and is "basically on Coruscant" during the film.

:ehh: makes sense, and this is exactly how she was in the EU.

Domhnall Gleeson starts off as an Imperial officer and transitions into an anti-hero. He is said to have the "tastiest role", and is ultimately revealed to be Luke's son. This reveal is "borderline Act III" and the revelation as to who he truly is forms his core story arc. It's said to complement the "reverse homage" nature of the script, with the girl saving the stormtrooper (Daisy and Boyega), Isaac saying "don't get cocky", etc etc.

I'm not sure how true this could be. If it is true it would effectively make Gleeson's character have the highest potential of any force user in the galaxy, and I would have thought John Boyega's character would end up being the most powerful.

Max Von Sydow's character is not a veteran of the Clone Wars. He has existed in the prequel area and is recognizable to the purists, but again, the casual fans won't care much about his identity.

:leon: So he existed in the prequel era, but wasn't necessarily in the prequel movies? Because Mace, Boba Fett and Maul have been ruled out, who else does that leave from the movies? It must be someone from the old EU, as "casual fans won't care much about his identity".

'When someone mentions Sifo-Dyas, someone says "he died in the Clone Wars (canon)". Another poster replies "yeah, and Vader killed Luke's father". Spoiler Man's response quotes these two posts and says, "focus on this argument; that's a hint".

:wow: given the second quote, I think this is implying that Sifo-Dyas, the person, did not exist. It was just a name used as cover to order the clone army.

Last edited:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
This sounds fantastic. My prediction is towards the end of the trilogy the Empire and (New) Republic have worked out a peace treaty and become semi allies, possibly because they have to face a threat that Serkis character brings.

With today's technology. I really hope at some point in the trilogy there is a battle of epic proportions, maybe for Coruscant since it's the capital.

This is one reason why I think the Empire will eventually join the Republic in fighting the Sith.

Jacen Solo? If Driver isn't a Solo son this seems like a curious thing to say. It would be great if he is.

:ehh: makes sense, and this is exactly how she was in the EU.

I'm not sure how true this could be. If it is true it would effectively make Gleeson's character have the highest potential of any force user in the galaxy, and I would have thought John Boyega's character would end up being the most powerful.

:leon: So he existed in the prequel era, but wasn't necessarily in the prequel movies? Because Mace, Boba Fett and Maul have been ruled out, who else does that leave from the movies? It must be someone from the old EU, as "casual fans won't care much about his identity".

:wow: given the second quote, I think this is implying that Sifo-Dyas, the person, did not exist. It was just a name used as cover to order the clone army.

when Obi went to Camino he told them Sifo-Dyas died and it was the before the clone wars. I read that Sidous killed him because he wanted him to join the sith..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Sifo-Dyas did exist... remember even yoda and ben accknowledged jedi master Syfo-Dyas .. He did become a dark Jedi though but I think it is somewhere in the lines of Count Dukoo/DArth Tyrannus... He faked his death as Syfo-Dyas so he can be a dark jedi... He might also be Sydow's character ...