Stephen Curry vs Magic Johnson

Better player?

• Total voters
Daps
Even if Curry won the championship this season, it's still Magic..what 24 dumbasses voted for Curry? If you want to talk best season, you can say Curry..but career wise, Curry doesn't even come close to Magic
Why would it be anything else? Nobody with any sense would even entertain the thought of comparing their careers/legacies.

OP states -
Who would you consider to be the better player in their respective peak (absolute best) season?

For Curry that would be 2016 and Magic 1987. This has nothing to do with longevity, just a comparison about who was better at basketball for single campaign or at their peak ability. Pretty much a debate for highest level of play this game has seen at point guard.

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Curry's regular season was better than any Magic Johnson regular season

Key word being season, because Magic at his best was the better player. I might even take rookie Magic who dominated against the 76ers with Kareem out over Curry this year

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad I didn't go full turn on this Curry GOAT shyt... Goddamn... looking back only a couple months, people were really going overboard with the hype

Russ is systematically annihilating dude and we got threads comparing him to Mike & Magic :why:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Curry's regular season was better than any Magic Johnson regular season

Key word being season, because Magic at his best was the better player. I might even take rookie Magic who dominated against the 76ers with Kareem out over Curry this year
stats lie

magic could've easily averaged 25/12/7 a game. Don't just look at stats and say "well curry has had a better stay year than magic" your missing context

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Why would it be anything else? Nobody with any sense would even entertain the thought of comparing their careers/legacies.

OP states -
FOH. You and the rest of the remedial GS fans were pushing that "Curry is the greatest player to ever live narrative".

I'm just happy the forum is finally exposing your negores for the clowns you are.

Hilarious some moron even thought making such a blasphemous thread was a good idea.

I suggest permaban for all GS diehard fans like @Gil Scott-Heroin or @ZBo's Inner Thoughts, @Hurryupandbuythoughts, and the rest of these GS/Curry fanboys should the Warriors get eliminated.

The idea of a GS free finals both online and offline sounds sublime! :ahh:

Daps
FOH. You and the rest of the remedial GS fans were pushing that "Curry is the greatest player to ever live narrative".
:dwillhuh:

Clearly somebody can not read.
I'm just happy the forum is finally exposing your negores for the clowns you are.

Hilarious some moron even thought making such a blasphemous thread was a good idea.

I suggest permaban for all GS diehard fans like @Gil Scott-Heroin or @ZBo's Inner Thoughts, @Hurryupandbuythoughts, and the rest of these GS/Curry fanboys should the Warriors get eliminated.
I hope your son doesn't see you acting like this. Shameful. :dame:

Daps
I'm glad I didn't go full turn on this Curry GOAT shyt... Goddamn... looking back only a couple months, people were really going overboard with the hype

Russ is systematically annihilating dude and we got threads comparing him to Mike & Magic :why:
How so? He just had one of the greatest offensive seasons ever. There's no harm in comparing him to Magic at his best.

On that Westbrook point - i) Curry played better than him in the first two games and Westbrook outplayed him in the last two games - I definitely wouldn't say he's "systematically annihilating" him at all, especially considering that Curry has defended him well thus far and the series isn't over ii) let's not forget that Westbrook hasn't had a top 5 season for a PG either - this isn't some scrub Curry is up against - Magic NEVER came up against an equal talent at the PG position in the postseason iii) let's not forget how Curry generally outplayed him during the regular season either:

Curry - 33 points on 25 shots, 4 assists and 1 turnover
Westbrook - 22 points on 24 shots, 7 assists and 2 turnovers

Curry - 46 points on 24 shots, 6 assists and 3 turnovers
Westbrook - 26 points on 29 shots, 13 assists and 7 turnovers

Curry - 26 points on 26 shots, 10 assists and 3 turnovers
Westbrook - 27 points on 22 shots, 12 assists and 3 turnovers

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

:scust: At this thread being made in the first place.

This is a new low and that's saying a great deal, given the number of ludicrous reactionary threads made daily in this subforum. :francis:

Daps
Curry is basically a 6'3 SG. to compare his numbers and magic won't make any sense. They don't play the same at all.
That's why you don't just go by the boxscore.
Why even make the comparison though?

I've literally never heard anyone say "such n such player is better at their peak"

What the fukk does that even mean? :heh:
It means comparing them at the best; comparing their skillsets and dominance against their respective competitions and peers. There's nothing wrong with it, it's a healthy discussion. I've bet you've never heard A LOT of things, it doesn't mean that those things can't be discussed. And it's not like some arbitrary ESPN stat on some "Curry is the first player on the 2nd of Feb to score at least 30 points in a leap year since 2009 when at least six teams from each conference play on the same day" type shyt. It's comparing a player's best season with another player's best.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's why you don't just go by the boxscore.

It means comparing them at the best; comparing their skillsets and dominance against their respective competitions and peers. There's nothing wrong with it, it's a healthy discussion. I've bet you've never heard A LOT of things, it doesn't mean that those things can't be discussed. And it's not like some arbitrary ESPN stat on some "Curry is the first player on the 2nd of Feb to score at least 30 points in a leap year since 2009 when at least six teams from each conference play on the same day" type shyt. It's comparing a player's best season with another player's best.

That's exactly what it is. Absolute nonsense. :mjlol: