Stephen Curry vs Magic Johnson

Better player?

• Total voters
Daps
Not as low as the level of stupidity of your posts. :skip:
Although the mental gymnastics you run through to justify your nonsense is impressive. :ehh:

Almost as impressive as the hard-on you have to quote me at every turn. :scust:
Back up off me. Even ex-girlfriends don't stalk my posts as much as you do

:scusthov:
There's nothing wrong with comparing peaks or best seasons (it's been done plenty of times in the past with other players, current and past) - you then dramatize it with a week long comparison as if it's even remotely similar - simply because you can't stand the state of the league and the Warriors. You're about as dishonest as one can be. You keep saying dumb shyt, and I'mma keep calling you out on it.

:scust:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's nothing wrong with comparing peaks or best seasons (it's been done plenty of times in the past with other players, current and past) - you then dramatize it with a week long comparison as if it's even remotely similar - simply because you can't stand the state of the league and the Warriors. You're about as dishonest as one can be. You keep saying dumb shyt, and I'mma keep calling you out on it.

You're a clown loser that has a history of bandwagoning for every frontrunning team for several years now.

I've never once claimed or said to hate the Warriors or to call them a shytty team.
And since you're the fukkin detective of the coliseum, feel free to search the site saying anything otherwise..

What I have said is that Draymond Green is overrated (which he is). I did not say he sucked, which is your idiotic interpretation that you keep trying to perpetrate.
What I have said is that Curry is a great shooter, but I've constantly derided and scoffed at all attempts to discuss his "all-time greatness" because frankly it's too soon to go there.

The only thing you ever do on this site is call other people stupid who disagree with you as if you're the authoritative figure of the forum. So fall back a little bit.

Comparing 1 peak season is fukking useless and doesn't tell you anything about anybody.
Ever.

That's what my January 8th - January 17th post is lampooning.
I'd have thought some faux intellectual like yourself might see that.

Obviously not.

Daps
You're a clown loser that has a history of bandwagoning for every frontrunning team for several years now.
:mjlol:

Regurgitating what you've heard on here doesn't make it true. I might be guilty of many things, but bandwagoning is most certainly not one of them.
I've never once claimed or said to hate the Warriors or to call them a shytty team.
And since you're the fukkin detective of the coliseum, feel free to search the site saying anything otherwise..
:mjlol:

Don't play dumb, you know what you've said about this Warriors squad - you don't have to specifically say you hate them or call them a shytty team to have a genuine disdain for them. It's your whole shtick to hate on anything in today's league (not concerning the Spurs), coming to a head with the Warriors being at the forefront of it.
What I have said is that Draymond Green is overrated (which he is). I did not say he sucked, which is your idiotic interpretation that you keep trying to perpetrate.
When have I accused you of saying that he sucks? Stop making up straw man arguments. Again you're being completely dishonest. The problem is you say shyt that is blatantly false about his play and you've shown a lack of ability to understand what is going on the court.
What I have said is that Curry is a great shooter, but I've constantly derided and scoffed at all attempts to discuss his "all-time greatness" because frankly it's too soon to go there.
There's nothing wrong about discussing how great his play is, the large majority aren't trying to rank his place in history, on a career scale. They're just simply measuring how he's been performing this season, which has been done many a time in the past with current and past players. I've seen you blatantly hate on how he's been performing this season by saying all types of dumb shyt, in a vain attempt of playing devil's advocate.

Daps
The only thing you ever do on this site is call other people stupid who disagree with you as if you're the authoritative figure of the forum. So fall back a little bit.
I only call people stupid if they're genuinely saying dumb shyt, not because I disagree with them. If you made sound and reasonable arguments for why you disagreed with me, there'd be no reason for me to call you stupid.
Comparing 1 peak season is fukking useless and doesn't tell you anything about anybody.
Ever.
Of course it does, how shortsighted to you have to be to not understand that a season (that results in a team winning a title - you know the goal of playing the game) is the general bar for how play is judged? Can we not talk aout a team that wins the title in the proper context? Can we not talk about the MVP of a season in the proper context? Can we not discuss all the great season performances of players? Nobody is talking about speaking about them in an all-time state, just discussing them for what they've accomplished in a season. What's the point in even talking about who wins the title at the end of the season, if that's the case.
That's what my January 8th - January 17th post is lampooning.
I'd have thought some faux intellectual like yourself might see that.

Obviously not.

It's about as dishonest as you can get. You're basically cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Try googling some shyt nikka. shyt was down tremendously at first. Now players have adjusted, and are still getting monster individual numbers. Even back when the rules first chanhed, Thru Jordan, Magic, and Bird; Mike was still the ONLY nikka living over 30ppg, (the nikka literally lived there :heh:) U had Nique, Hakeem, Robinson, Barkley, Malone, etc all around 23-28ppg in their peak years.Thru the years, the only nikkas to hit 30ppg were Lebron twice, Wade once, Durant once or twice, T Mac once or twice, AI 3 times I think, Nique 3 times Kobe twice, etc. Scoring averages aren't even all the way back how it was back then.
I understand what you're saying but my argument is that the freedom of movement rules have made a bigger impact than zone defense which has allowed 3 pt shooting AND points in the paint to go up.

There weren't many guys average 30 in the 80s either before zones.

Zeke on nba tv also said that players don't move their feet on defense as well today. It wasn't even a old school thing. He had actual examples and said he sees it quite often.

Denis Scott mentioned that because schemes have gotten so complex that teams don't really do drills as much.

Daps
I understand what you're saying but my argument is that the freedom of movement rules have made a bigger impact than zone defense which has allowed 3 pt shooting AND points in the paint to go up.

There weren't many guys average 30 in the 80s either before zones.

Zeke on nba tv also said that players don't move their feet on defense as well today. It wasn't even a old school thing. He had actual examples and said he sees it quite often.

Denis Scott mentioned that because schemes have gotten so complex that teams don't really do drills as much.
:heh:

Is this paraphrasing or a direct quote? This goes against all laws of how players have developed.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I gotta agree. In today's era of small-ball, Magic's game would still thrive today.

Yep can you imagine Magic and even Jordan with the now gather move (in which you get 3 steps but the first is a gather). That wasn't even allowed back in the day.

It is just a totally different game between the eras.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Next coli thread:

Who was better between January 8th and January 17th? Kobe Bryant or Andrew Wiggins. I'm not talking about careers....

This board is getting dumb as fukk

:snoop:

Only thing dumb here is your refusal to offer anything of worth to this thread. Either gtfo or contribute.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
God I hate Curry stans

How exactly is it stanning Curry to say he's better than Magic at his best. You realize there's an argument for that right

All these people saying this comparison is dumb, 71% edge for Magic and I've yet to see a concrete analysis as to why he was better. The best arguments ITT have been for Steph. Do you want to change that? Offer your opinion.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Line was 23'9" when he shot 30% :yeshrug:

Just because he had a great form doesn't mean he'd be a great 3 point shooter, Ben McLemore's form is picture perfect and just looking at it you'd think he'd be a better shooter than 34% from 3.

Just assuming he'd be a 40% 3 point shooter is comical, he took a ton of threes when that line was moved in and when it moved back out he came crashing back to earth on the shot.

tell the whole story.

in the years jordan took over 200 3's a game (before the line was moved in) he shot 38% in 1990 and 35% in 1992. The other years he shot 100 or less 3's which basically means roughly 1 game. No one can get a consistent rhythm when you're shooting less 3's like that. Imagine curry only shooting 1 three a game.

Jordan has been adamant that the 3pt shot is a bad shot and kills overall efficiency of his game and he never focused on it .

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
By proxy. wouldn't that make players from this current era more defensively sound than players in the past? If all the rules of today are tailored for high-scoring and easy offense, than that'd make anyone in todays game with an all-defense selection better than past players defensively. Alot of players in todays game who are solid defenders, but with no all-defense selections, would jump up a notch defensively under 90's rules. Hell, could you imagine how much better a currently heralded defender like Kawhi would be under those 90's rules? :merchant:

I love how all those posters who've been criticising today's NBA for favouring offensive players conveniently ignored this post.

This is exactly why:

Kawhi > Pippen

Draymond > Rodman

With all the rule changes it's much harder to be an elite defensive player than it was in the 80s/90s.