The Brooklyn Nets dismissed coach Jacque Vaughn on Monday morning, sources tell ESPN.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Who they developing? The roster outside of Claxton and Cam are already established starter level players. Maybe Lonnie Walker still has a higher ceiling but I don’t think you hire a coach to develop it. They should have traded for their own picks back with Houston and tried to sneak them some of their youth.

Right now I think they should try to see if a new coach can get them looking decent by the end of the season and if not, tank. They keep making moves off of pride and have shyt to show for it.

low key that is the black experience getting into most leadership roles.

Either overachieve or don’t apply.
I'm talking about guys like Clowney, Whitehead, Wilson, Cam Thomas. Marks bet a lot on his ability to find talent no one else can find. Now he has no stars, doesn't have his own picks. He's gonna have to figure it out only he can't bank on free agency again. He's gonna have to hope he finds the next Giannis/Jokic.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He might be a loser but the Clippers are cooking right now breh and they won't have to rely heavily on him with PG, Kawhi and Westbrook
That is certainly true, but that trade and the ramifications from it has fukked them over for the next few years and would and will continue to doom anyone who takes that job

Daps
That is certainly true, but that trade and the ramifications from it has fukked them over for the next few years and would and will continue to doom anyone who takes that job
O I completely agree, but this is on the front office. Vaughn was just a nice scapegoat. Nets need to clean house top to bottom this is just scalp to keep butts in the seats IMO

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm talking about guys like Clowney, Whitehead, Wilson, Cam Thomas. Marks bet a lot on his ability to find talent no one else can find. Now he has no stars, doesn't have his own picks. He's gonna have to figure it out only he can't bank on free agency again. He's gonna have to hope he finds the next Giannis/Jokic.
That’t not a plan that is getting lucky, and even if it was the plan they should then maximize their luck by trading for more draft picks.

In my opinion ignoring the mandate to get Harden, or even before that Kyrie. Marks trading for Harden was the first big mistake, trading him for Ben Simmons was his second big mistake, and not taking Houston on its offer of returning their picks and a young player for Mikal was the third. How often does a franchise get an opportunity to fix it’s initial mistake like Houston was offering?

Right now they could be sitting on their own 8th pick and one of Amen, Green, or Whitmore.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
That’t not a plan that is getting lucky, and even if it was the plan they should then maximize their luck by trading for more draft picks.

in my opinion ignoring the mandate to get Harden, Marks trading for Harden was the first big mistake, trading him for Ben Simmons was his second big mistake, and not taking Houston on its offer of returning their picks and a young player for Mikal was the third.
I wouldn't even care about those picks, but I do agree that they should move Bridges for picks, but Tsai/Marks want a young guy now who fans would pay to see, so they'd deal Bridges for a younger version of him already in the league. I was all for them dealing him to OKC for a package headlined by Cason Wallace.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I wouldn't even care about those picks, but I do agree that they should move Bridges for picks, but Tsai/Marks want a young guy now who fans would pay to see, so they'd deal Bridges for a younger version of him already in the league. I was all for them dealing him to OKC for a package headlined by Cason Wallace.
That would have worked too (I like those Houston kids more though).

Anyhow, I have a feeling Mikal gets moved this Summer, I’ve said that for a while. Mikal is a good player, but I don’t think he is even a legit second option on a contender. With years on his contract teams are more likely to overpay for him. By Summer 2025, they won’t pay nearly as much.

Everything the Nets are doing to me points to them being in denial about where they are right now as a franchise. They had a really good thing with KD, but between, injuries, bad trades, Covid, and Kyrie they lost it and haven’t come to terms with that fact.