The MCU Spiderman Will Be Like A John Hughes Movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
epZ9TI6.jpg

New details about the upcoming “Spider-Man” reboot continue to emerge.

In addition to the recent casting news that Tom Holland will play Peter Parker, Marvel honcho Kevin Feige has revealed that the new film will explore Spider-Man in a firmly high-school setting.

“Spider-Man will be a ‘John Hughes’ movie,” Feige said in an interview with SlashFilm.

He added that Spidey’s age will set him apart from other Marvel characters. “Some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it. We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the MCU, which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters.”

In an interview with Collider, Feige elaborated on the idea of pitting Parker against the other superheroes. Holland read against Robert Downey, Jr. in a screen test, and reportedly held his own, which helped him cinch the part. “That was part of it,” Feige said. “When we’ll see that, I don’t know, but that was part of it.”

The Spidey reboot is likely to feature a comic-book villain who hasn’t been in any of the previous movies. “Right now we’re interested in seeing villains we haven’t seen before,” Feige told SlashFilm.

Feige also shared his rationale behind hiring Jon Watts to direct.

“We met with him four, five, or six times, and each time he had more and more interesting things to say,” Feige told Collider. “And at Marvel, it always comes down to ultimately, ‘We can make a movie with this person for two years, we could spend almost every day with this person for two years. Let’s go.'”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-john-hughes-kevin-feige-1201532872/

Daps
Reppin
NYC
smart move going back to HS. spidey could be the next harry potter franchise. just keep building and building that world.

this could be huge for marvel. with RDJ getting too old to hold down numerous solo flicks and the avengers approaching it's endgame with infinity war, spidey could feasibly hold it down for the next 7-8 years if they play their cards right.

i enjoyed ASM2, i really did... but i am definitely more excited NOW for the future of this franchise than i was after that movie ended.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What does that have to do with your poor response to a reboot? Wouldn't that make you MORE interested in rebooting the charactor?

Man,

You're full of shyt :beli:
lol breh don't go all comic booky on me

I'm not excited for this film based on how poor the last three spiderman movies have been. that's all I'm saying. Didn't mean to offend you :pachaha:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
this could be huge for marvel. with RDJ getting too old to hold down numerous solo flicks and the avengers approaching it's endgame with infinity war, spidey could feasibly hold it down for the next 7-8 years if they play their cards right.

i enjoyed ASM2, i really did... but i am definitely more excited NOW for the future of this franchise than i was after that movie ended.
it will just be unfair if that turns out to be true :wow: how you gonna run the game for damn near 10+ years (once Infinity Wars pt 2: return of the cashflow is over) then re-up with the Holland takeover :wow: we Marvel and Disney really bout to rule the world
spidey-rejoice-png.5596

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
smart move going back to HS. spidey could be the next harry potter franchise. just keep building and building that world.

I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU incarnation is very similar to The Spectacular Spider-man show it had everything Feige wants in these movies high-school being a big focal point, balance of his social life and superheroing, humor, a good supporting cast and it's coming of age story.