Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Here's your first look at Charlie Cox as 'Daredevil' alter-ego Matt Murdock

Posted Aug 5, 2014 9:00 PM By Steve Sunu, Comic Book Resources

CharlieCoxDaredevilset1headlinecropLS_article_story_main.jpg

(CBR) E! Online has posted two new photos of actor Charlie Cox on the set of Marvel and Netflix's "Daredevil" series in New York in the suit, tie and sunglasses of Matt Murdock. In addition to Matt Murdock's traditional garb, Cox also carries the character's cane. This is the first real look fans have gotten of Cox as Matt Murdock -- though there was no sign of his Daredevil alter-ego.

When speaking about the series in July, showrunner Steven S. DeKnight noted "Daredevil" was hoping to reflect Marvel's depiction of Hell's Kitchen in its early years. "We’re going for a kind of very gritty, 1970s New York feel for the show," DeKnight said in July. "We love the idea of beauty in the decay of the city and Hell’s Kitchen being a place that is both horrible and beautiful at the same time. That’s why Matt Murdock loves it and wants to protect it." Check out the new photos of Cox below.

CharlieCoxDaredevilset1PT.jpg

CharlieCoxDaredevilset2PT.jpg

Set to debut on Netflix, "Daredevil" also stars Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson, Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin, Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page and Rosario Dawson in an unknown role.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/heres-your-first-look-at-charlie-cox-as-daredevil-alter-ego-matt-murdock

"

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hope that when the superhero movie craze dies down that the more popular and endurable characters make their way to live action TV like this.

The potential for Batman is just >>>>

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
*Late Pass* I just got finished reading the Born Again storyline :wow:
That has to be a top 5 GOAT fictional comeback

It's got me really excited for this show now :lupe:

Really? :ehh: I felt kinda let down by it seeing as it had the same creative team a Batman Year One, but my expectations were prolly unreasonable.

You read any of the Bendis & Maleev run?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
NETFLIX HEAD SAYS DAREDEVIL AND THE DEFENDERS CAN BE DARKER THAN MARVEL MOVIES

The Marvel/Netfix model is based on The Avengers.

26 AUG 2014 BY ROTH CORNET

Netflix CCO Ted Sarando says that the decision to launch Daredevil, followed by Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist and eventually blend the characters into The Defenders was - as one would suspect - entirely inspired by the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"It was really based on the theatrical model of The Avengers," Sarando said in a recent interview with Empire Magazine. "Could you take another group of characters, The Defenders, and go about it the same way? Normally they do the big movie and then eventually they get to the group origin story. Having 13 hours to tell each of these stories, you can go right to the origin story and the action at the same time."

As to the timeline for the various series, beyond the currently-filming Daredevil, the CCO said that currently, "the writers' rooms are open and they're looking at casting Jessica."

Adding, "If you sense some hesitation in my voice, that's classic Marvel fashion. They like to keep that veil of secrecy. But Daredevil is already shooting, since that's out first. Eventually the series will run very close together. You can then have a separate season where the characters will cross over."

Given the cohesive nature of Marvel's film and TV divisions, with events in the films playing into Agents of SHIELD, fans are of course wondering if they might see some crossover between the movies and the Netflix series. Sarando confirmed that the idea has, "definitely been discussed."

As far as the tone for the various shows is concerned, the Netflix head assured that they will not be backing away from the gritty nature of these characters, setting, and stories.

"The series will not be afraid to go darker than the film did," Sarando assured. "What we love about this particular set of heroes is that they're a little more down to Earth. Costume wise and also in that these are gritty crime stories, more in the streets than in the clouds."

We will keep you updated as details on these series emerge.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08...he-defenders-can-be-darker-than-marvel-movies

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am not buying this "darker" stuff they keep trying to sell. Disney doesn't do "dark" and it damn sure doesn't do "gritty".

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I am not buying this "darker" stuff they keep trying to sell. Disney doesn't do "dark" and it damn sure doesn't do "gritty".

:comeon: But this a TV show on Netflix, not a movie. They probably have more freedom than if this was a Big-Budget film.

Also Disney releases Rated-R movies under their other current & former Film studios like Dimension Films, Miramax Films, & etc.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

:rudy: Iron Man 3 shows otherwise. "Dark" doesn't = joyless and brooding 24/7 :mjlol:. There's already been a leaked audition where a character is in the process of chopping up someone's hands.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The storyline that they are basing this first series off of is not going to be recreated on the Netflix series especially if the plan is to tie these characters together with the Avengers movie universe.
And there wasn't shyt dark about Iron Man 3 regardless of how hard you try to stretch the definition of the word.