Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Swamp BODIED Verb. 3-0 Clear.

“..YOU and hitman walkin around with fake teeth..
bytch, I got REAL choppas!!”

- Swamp vs Aye Verb :wow:

Verb needs to take the L like a man and stop cryin in interviews and lyin in spaces to save face.

Swamp was in a zone and delivered when it mattered. Simple.

I can never rock with anyone who violates women...even slores...on top of that I've only watched maybe 3-4 clips from this guy...but he always keeps it a buck every time I see him speak. No boot licking and kneecap sucking, just factual talk.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It haven’t meant anything since the
**Tsu Surf voice** “I have x amount of views” and “sell x amount of tickets” narrative. Which is a long ass time.

This is part of the reason why talent became less potent each generation after the next.

Yeah it came to mind after you mentioned that Jerry Wess deserved the look, which he does mind you. But I'm think that even if he beats Roc, like is Jerry Wess' career gonna go anywhere after that still. Feels like no one cares if a toper tier gets beat anymore

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Yeah it came to mind after you mentioned that Jerry Wess deserved the look, which he does mind you. But I'm think that even if he beats Roc, like is Jerry Wess' career gonna go anywhere after that still. Feels like no one cares if a toper tier gets beat anymore
This is because of the exact same reason.

If URL woulda kept the cultural integrity in Battlerap intact,
the culture woulda followed suit.

They didn’t, and here we are.

Not to say they’re the only reason it happened, that wouldn’t be fair.

But they had the cultural equity to shape the direction that the Battlerap culture was gonna take and chose the fastest opposed to the long term stable approach.
(Which they’re free to do, it’s their company for the record)

A very clear cut example of a key moment, is when Surf kept choking and losing Battles - and when it was time for SMACK to make the decision which message he was gonna send while the whole culture was watching (after the Lux battle, if I remember correctly)

SMACK said: I got what I wanted, nahm sayin

That right there said it all :francis:

Last edited:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is because of the exact same reason.

If URL woulda kept the cultural integrity intact Battlerap intact, the culture woulda followed suit.

They didn’t, and here we are.

Not to say they’re the only reason it happened, that wouldn’t be fair.

But they had the cultural equity to shape the direction that the Battlerap culture was gonna take and chose the fastest opposed to the long term stable approach.
(Which they’re free to do, it’s their company for the record)

A very clear cut example of a key moment is when Surf kept choking and losing Battles - and when it was time for SMACK to make the decision which message he was gonna send while the whole culture was watching (after the Lux battle, if I remember correctly)

SMACK said: I got what I wanted, nahm sayin

That right there said it all :francis:

mhm, losing means nothing anymore. I think if we fix that battlerap could be lit again. We need actual stakes!

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Danny beat the brakes off him, nikkas swept it under the rug and went right back to sucking him and Surf off like groupies.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Danny beat the brakes off him, nikkas swept it under the rug and went right back to sucking him and Surf off like groupies.

Dawg Danny beating Roc was NOT swept under the rug that shyt was talked about all year.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dawg Danny beating Roc was NOT swept under the rug that shyt was talked about all year.
Show me a recap that told how bad he really beat him. Meat riding ass nikkas calling it debateable, or 2-1 edge GTEFOH

Review the COTY discussion for the year and see how NOT a huge deal they treated it like.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Show me a recap that told how bad he really beat him. Meat riding ass nikkas calling it debateable, or 2-1 edge GTEFOH

Review the COTY discussion for the year and see how NOT a huge deal they treated it like.

hubie-brown-hawks-001091668jpg.jpg

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If K Dot donated to Twork GFM, he would be saying he won.
As he should.

Drake actually put money in breh’s pockets. Everyone else is just arguing about who they think won based on who they like better (or like less) too. I can’t really get mad at battle rappers cheering for someone based on an agenda.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
As he should.

Drake actually put money in breh’s pockets. Everyone else is just arguing about who they think won based on who they like better (or like less) too. I can’t really get mad at battle rappers cheering for someone based on an agenda.
Those that think like this can’t complain when KOONS sell out because they got money put in their pocket either :ufdup:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
think there's a difference between selling out and just saying someone won a rap battle tho :patrice:

drake aint doin nobody super foul...unless them rumors are true :lupe:

So you wouldn’t mind this happening to your 17 year old niece and someone demoting this to “rumors” :sas1:

You don’t value and respect Battlerap as a Black culture as you should, that’s why you don’t mind that it can be bought.

Like J€wish white men have been doing Hiphop in general.

The DJ VLADs and Adam22s of the world know this all to well
:sas2:

Last edited:

superchoops

All Star
Daps

So you wouldn’t mind this happening to your 17 year old niece and someone demoting this to “rumors” :sas1:

You don’t respect Battlerap as a Black culture they it should, that’s why you don’t mind that it can be bought by Jewish white men like Hiphop in general :sas2:

:childplease: the fukk are you talking about? them not even the rumors i'm referring to

yo did you eat somethin this morning?

the nikka looked out for him in a big way (supposedly) and said "yeah my mans won the battle", how does that equivocate to c00ning? the fukk did everything else come from?

are you good?

nikka went and tried to get me to make a heart part 6 too, you nikkas is somethin else

ReasonableMatic

Daps
:childplease: the fukk are you talking about? them not even the rumors i'm referring to

yo did you eat somethin this morning?

the nikka looked out for him in a big way (supposedly) and said "yeah my mans won the battle", how does that equivocate to c00ning? the fukk did everything else come from?

are you good?

nikka went and tried to get me to make a heart part 6 too, you nikkas is somethin else
Nobody dismissed Drake looking out for Twork.

Twork can be helped and still speak with honesty or simply refuse to answer. That’s a grown ass man.

Twork is an important figure in the Battlerap CULTURE so this behavior by a prominent figure when the world is watching isn’t insignificant.

If the integrity of a Battlerap can be BOUGHT so easily.
Who does this harm on a cultural level?
What does this say?

This transformation of the culture curated by artistic integrity,
to one curated by a financial class system.

Who benefit from this phenomenon first?

Battlers don’t like judged battles.

They don’t like it when suggested judges for battles are non-Battlers. they reject that system “because they’re not Battlers”

And when Battlers are suggested it’s “but such and such is biased” LMAOOOO

Meanwhile there are competitive sports that are subjective being judged and monetized on the highest level.

This is a business model that could’ve been implemented in Battlerap, if the cultural integrity had been preserved.
As this was the case in the early stages of Battlerap.

But yeah, be unaware how cultures get colonized all you want.

It’s not that deep when it’s ppl nikkas like,
until the VLADs and Adam22s do the same thing

Last edited: