Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
I just saw a link to justia.com and my brain immediately said "dude dirty" :russ:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Forgot this happened. If Danny won the coin toss, this might have gotten dark.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
EXACTLY, I totally agree.

This is the elephant in the room, but nikkas just REFUSE to be honest about it and have THAT conversation to grow as a culture.

The same thing with Danny Myers.
Yeah, he battles too much and needs guidance,
but his WORK ETHIC and cultural integrity is admirable.

It’s the “too cool for school” vs “the nerds” conversation all over again.

nikkas refuse to acknowledge that this is the underlying issue.

I promise you, it’s wayyyy easier to build a stable, sustainable, culturally responsible and profitable business model that pulls in investor after investor with 10 DNAs than 10 Tworks.

The DNA’s of Battlerap are simply way better investments.

Not only as individuals, but also to create a productive work-culture within your company with.

nikkas do NOT wanna hear that, because they focus on the drama OUTSIDE of Battlerap and enjoy living their street fantasies vicariously through dysfunctional battlers.

Chess, Qleen, Rex, Twork, Clips, etc. All them nikkas woulda BEEN thrown in the bushes if I had a say in it.

Not because they’re not talented,
but because they’re liabilities in business who don’t take the culture serious.

It should be to nobody’s surprise that DNA has had multiple investors and deals at his disposal throughout his career.

DNA: “I only respect nikkas that do their job.
You come to work late.
You’re worried about drinking coffee, you’re partying in the club late.
The fukk out my FACE, do your fukkin JOB!!”
:ufdup:

I always felt it started with Clips. I just started watching battle rap again because of Lux and Cal but during that time that were saying Clips was undefeated. Which always bothered me because how can anyone say that when Clips rarely had 3 full rounds. They let him get away with it because of how talented he was and they liked him. But not having 3 full rounds finally bit him the ass when faced B-Magic. Had him talking through Magic's rounds and making youtube videos doing damage control and copping pleas😏. This is why he is nothing more but a battle rapper with a name who's cheap to book now.

These battle rappers do not respect their craft and career. I'm not a fan of Mook at all. It legit upsets me he is the face of battle rap because his style is boring to me and I can't stand how he raps. However, when he gets on that stage he spits his rounds clean with little stumbles and no chokes, every single time.That is why he can get the bags he want, he is professional.

Being top tier should be more about being a professional, than being a draw. I blame Smack for that. He could have set the bar if called these battlers out on their bs and not booked them. But he enables it because he never puts his foot down and still books them.

There has been no new stars this era and they are running out of battles, but I think this is bigger issue. Because how are we going to get new stars if the bar doesn't change?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always felt it started with Clips. I just started watching battle rap again because of Lux and Cal but during that time that were saying Clips was undefeated. Which always bothered me because how can anyone say that when Clips rarely had 3 full rounds. They let him get away with it because of how talented he was and they liked him. But not having 3 full rounds finally bit him the ass when faced B-Magic. Had him talking through Magic's rounds and making youtube videos doing damage control and copping pleas😏. This is why he is nothing more but a battle rapper with a name who's cheap to book now.

These battle rappers do not respect their craft and career. I'm not a fan of Mook at all. It legit upsets me he is the face of battle rap because his style is boring to me and I can't stand how he raps. However, when he gets on that stage he spits his rounds clean with little stumbles and no chokes, every single time.That is why he can get the bags he want, he is professional.

Being top tier should be more about being a professional, than being a draw. I blame Smack for that. He could have set the bar if called these battlers out on their bs and not booked them. But he enables it because he never puts his foot down and still books them.

There has been no new stars this era and they are running out of battles, but I think this is bigger issue. Because how are we going to get new stars if the bar doesn't change?

We may never get new stars on URL because all the new talent sucks, the last hoorah of URL talent was Eazy's class. For one, it's a bunch of new aspiring battle rappers with stupid ass names 😂

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

giphy.gif

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I hope NOME is one of URL's best cards to inject some excitement into the culture. I need to see Beloved hit a new level ala Daylyt v. Roc.
The fact he's still battling after his brother's death has me thinking he's about to go crazy. We might get the real Gray Hoodie Lux we've been looking for.

Still not buying the PPV though :mjpls: