Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
PT 3.

Event Horizon - it’s like silent hill but in space.

Hellraiser: inferno - Bad

The Evil Dead - Loved it. fukking Excellent.

Evil Dead II - Loved it, more Excellence.

Bad Taste - Weird as fukk

Braindead/Dead Alive - Weird as fukk, I think I kinda liked it though, probably gonna have to re-watch it. The gore is unmatched.

Evil Dead Rise - Saw this in the cinema when it came out, I think I already mentioned it in here but it enjoyed it a lot.

Scream 6 - also saw this in the cinema, I like Jenna ortega but this was just okay. Pretty farfetched in places. But all the scream films are. They tricked me into thinking Samara weaving would be a main character. Sneaky MFS.

The next few I watched this October, always like to add a few films I’ve never seen before to my 31 days of horror list every October and this year those were:

The exorcist - I just don’t get how this is so loved. I thought it was awful. I laughed at a few lines that Regan says when she was possessed but that’s all the enjoyment I got out of this and it wasn’t much. Maybe you had to be there at the time to appreciate it.

The OG TCM - Same thing, it just felt like it was nothing special. That MF in the wheelchair just pissed me off. That one scene where he’s acting like he’s fukking 5 blowing raspberries coz the other mfs left him to his own devices for 5 mins just made me wanna see him die. The film does make you feel a certain way after you’ve watched it, it’s hard to explain. Like it makes you feel like you need a shower after watching it. If that makes sense. It feels Grimey. I didn’t enjoy it but again I think it’s another one of those you had to be there at the time it came out to appreciate it more kinda films idk.

The Sentinel - I only watched this coz Corey Feldmans character mentioned it in the Burbs (I fukking love the burbs it’s such a fun film) and it was just bad.

Childsplay - Another one people love but I just thought it was average. Nothing really stood out to me to make it stand out as a classic. Again probably a film you had be there at the time for.

Slotherhouse - this was just PEAK fukkERY.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I haven't really watched much lately. I tried to watch Thankgsgiving last night but I fell asleep about 20 minutes in.

I did watch a few movies since I last posted. They're mostly Brian De Palma films or exotic thrillers.

Body Double - The whole time I though the main character was Bill Maher. Melanie Griffith was funny and good in her role. I think the main character is the one thing that brings this movie down for me.

The kill where the Intruder uses the power drill was fantastic. There's a shot where the drill is used as a phallic symbol and knowing what you know after the twist:banderas: I saw the twist coming. I was like what kinda fake Machete.....

This movie has a lot of similarities with Vertigo.

I instantly recognized the appartment that the main character stayed at from the Simpsons.
Troy_1024x1024.jpg

Dressed to Kill - This is a better remake of Psycho than the Vince Vaughn movie. Nancy Allen and the kid from Christine were the highlights.

Blow Out - This was surprisingly my favorite movie of the threw De Palma movies. I enjoyed the fake slasher movie in the beginning. After seeing that I really wish De Palma make an "80s Slasher". He of course understood all the tropes and is a great director.

The reason why this was my favorite is because I enjoyed the mystery and I found that John Travolta's character being a sound guy was very interesting. In all of the De Palma movies I watched the characters are do mundane things for an extended amount of time. In Dressed to Kill the lady was looking for a glove, in Body Double Bill Maher if following around his neighbor, and in this movie John Travolta is doing his job. I'm thinking these scenes are in the movie to help establish the characters as real people. Movies today don't have this but in all of the Hitchcock movies I've seen there's these kind of scenes. It helps with the suspense to think you're watching a real person do real stuff. I guess movies cut this out now because people find it boring.

Nancy Allen was better in Dressed to Kill. I grew up watching 3rd Rock from the Sun so seeing John Lithgow in Dexter was surprising. After watching this movie I understand. I think his character could have been fleshed out or done a bit more in the movie.

Crimes of Passion - Kathleen Turner was great in this movie. She's probably my favorite movie hooker right now. I'm gonna be honest idk what was up with Anthony Perkins' character:hubie: I'm guessing it was showing how Blue China had a good career but wanted to mingle with the scum of the earth as a hooker. She wasn't even charging alot of money.

Slumber Party Massacre - The drill death scene in Body Double made me finally watch this movie. I thought the film was a fun watch. Not gonna lie thought there'd be more T&A. Fun characters, fun villian, fun characters... I wish there were more kinda grounded fun nonsense horror movies. Most movies with that tone now have some extra shyt in it like shark people killing astronauts in the moon. I think this would pair good with Bloodrage(although this is definitely more gorey).

Slumber Party Massacre II - I honestly didn't like this movie. I thought the dream rockstar killer with a drill guitar would be funny but it was lame.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The Void - I liked the beginning. It didn’t waste any time in jumping into the story. I would have preferred if the film was just a straight forward film about those people in the white robes with the triangle symbol trying to break into the hospital and kill everyone inside instead of what we did get. Those cultists were the most creepy/interesting thing about this for me & It just went down hill kinda fast for me after the way it began.
I feel like this movie needed to be longer.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Glorious - This one was pretty wild for having pretty much one guy in a bathroom stall the entire film. Saw the twist coming a mile off though. Entertaining for what it was.
Unhuman - Fell asleep halfway through it. Generic. No desire to watch the rest the next day either.
This is one movie that held up for me really well on a second watch. It's not a long run, and it's so ridiculous and humorous about it, that it hits. It's my favorite Lovecraftian horror premise in a long time.
PT 3.

Event Horizon - it’s like silent hill but in space.

The exorcist - I just don’t get how this is so loved. I thought it was awful. I laughed at a few lines that Regan says when she was possessed but that’s all the enjoyment I got out of this and it wasn’t much. Maybe you had to be there at the time to appreciate it.

Childsplay - Another one people love but I just thought it was average. Nothing really stood out to me to make it stand out as a classic. Again probably a film you had be there at the time for.

Becky - The King of Queens… as a Neo Nazi. I cannot unsee Doug Heffernan. What the hell was the whole ordeal about the key? All that for the key. The key that never gets explained as to what it’s for.
Fun Fact about Event Horizon: The Longest Cut of the film is lost to time. The video of the other crew losing their shyt was supposed to be longer and more graphic, but had to be cut.

On The Exorcist and Childsplay: I DEFINITELY think you had to be there for 'em. The Exorcist did things that just weren't seen on screens at the time, and it also loaded up on philosophical discussions that I think hit harder prior to the Church losing its veneer of purity in the late 90's early 00's.

Childsplay's best aspect is the question of whether the kid's doing the killing. That batteries scene would slap if everyone on Earth didn't know who Chuckie is ahead of time (fun side story, I had a My Buddy and Me doll as a kid and my siblings were terrified of the thing because of this movie).

About Becky: There's a sequel that came out this year, the Wrath of Becky. It's pretty similar in style, and they add in some more information about the key before everything's said and done. So, if you liked Becky, the sequel is worth a watch.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM