Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What kind of fukker is this brehs

Mickey Mouse been in the public domain one day..... And there is already a movie ready to drop. :russ:

Still gonna watch it though :yeshrug:

I just saw someone going off on twitter about these low-budget cash grabs. There's already a bunch of "public domain" horror movies in development for characters that are either available now or soon to be.

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey gets worse the further away from it I get.

...I'ma still watch all the trash that comes out just in case it has something of value to offer too though :mjcry:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
After seeing the trailer, why would you waste your time on this trash? :huhldup:
same reason my dumb a$$ drove 35 minutes to see Skinamarink in theaters
I am a sucker for bad horror...I guess

I will basically watch any horror or sci fi flick, no matter the budget now.
and there is a lot of bad horror and sci fi out there....but every once in a while, you run across and original entertaining flick

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

and there is a lot of bad horror and sci fi out there....but every once in a while, you run across and original entertaining flick

It might be searching for a needle in a haystack, but finding those rare gems is always dope. Plus, I'm a Found Footage fan which gets REALLY bad :mjlol: .

There's also that magic when you find something so bad that it circles around to being funny or entertaining anyway. I feel like that only happens with horror for me.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
The movie i did not know i needed :russ:
somebody needs to make this happen

Edit Godzilla minus one - best horror flick of 2023

they-can-do-this-now-v0-32zsdvgmj3ac1.webp

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

I mean, a trailer for an Indy horror film can say a lot about it. That Mouse shyt is an automatic skip. Looking like a D level slasher film. Acting is trash too. :scust:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was looking for new horror to look forward to this month and...

I had no idea Max had a documentary about the real-life inspiration for Orphan...and there's a season 2 with the girl's perspective!? I watched the first episode and this story is already nuts. Eileen and Society of Snow sound like they're worth a look too.

I'm also about to watch this old mockumentary Ghost Watch. Mainly, because of the story behind its debut. It aired at a weird time, so a lot of viewers missed the opening that called it a work of fiction...so a bunch of people thought it was real.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Some spoilers in the link below
Maxine 1st Impressions

Non spoiler cliffs:
- Described as a gory homage to Dario Argento
-Stars Mia Goth, Elizabeth Debicki, Giancarlo Esposito, Kevin Bacon, Michelle Monaghan, Halsey, and Lily Collins

The one spoiler I really wish I didn't read. I would have liked to be in the theater during that reveal :mjcry:

The other one I don't know how I feel about it.
The movie has the Night Stalker. I'm not sure if it's Richard Ramirez or not. I know American Horror Story caught a lot of flack for having him in the show. It was ok if he wasn't like a magical killer based on a real person.

I'm still excited to watch this movie. This is my most anticipated Horror movie in 2024 I caught some of X on TV last week and I still enjoyed it. I know I watched Ti West's The House of the Devil and The Innkeepers but I don't remember them. I feel like doing a rewatch soon.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Some spoilers in the link below
Maxine 1st Impressions

Non spoiler cliffs:
- Described as a gory homage to Dario Argento
-Stars Mia Goth, Elizabeth Debicki, Giancarlo Esposito, Kevin Bacon, Michelle Monaghan, Halsey, and Lily Collins

The one spoiler I really wish I didn't read. I would have liked to be in the theater during that reveal :mjcry:

The other one I don't know how I feel about it.
The movie has the Night Stalker. I'm not sure if it's Richard Ramirez or not. I know American Horror Story caught a lot of flack for having him in the show. It was ok if he wasn't like a magical killer based on a real person.

I'm still excited to watch this movie. This is my most anticipated Horror movie in 2024 I caught some of X on TV last week and I still enjoyed it. I know I watched Ti West's The House of the Devil and The Innkeepers but I don't remember them. I feel like doing a rewatch soon.
I'm HYPE to hear that this one's Argento inspired. I loved X (TCM is a top-three of all time for me, so X felt like a dope callback) and I thought Pearl was pretty good too.

I'm a big fan of House of the Devil too, it's my favorite Ti West. I wasn't as enthusiastic about The Innkeepers, but I know a lot of people like it. The Sacrament is worth a watch too IMO.