Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
'Cabin Fever'. Saw this a long time ago but now it's on Max. This movie is pure uncut fukkery from beginning to end. It's gross, it's dark, it's comedic at times, it's completely ridiculous at times, there's some fine women in it. It stars Rider Strong from Boy Meets World and Cerina Vincent actress/model you might remember from 'Not Another Teen Movie,' It's pretty fukked up.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Me seeing Wan and Sandberg take their asses back to their rightful horror thrones after putting out DC flops:

dave-chappelle-rick-james.gif

Nah that trailer is crazy. When does it come out??
No specific release date yet, but on track to drop later this year. Nicolas Cage plays the serial killer. Scream Queen Maika Monroe plays the investigator that gets caught up into the web. Hearing it’s gonna be like Silence of the Lambs with some occult elements thrown in.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Me seeing Wan and Sandberg take their asses back to their rightful horror thrones after putting out DC flops:

dave-chappelle-rick-james.gif

No specific release date yet, but on track to drop later this year. Nicolas Cage plays the serial killer. Scream Queen Maika Monroe plays the investigator that gets caught up into the web. Hearing it’s gonna be like Silence of the Lambs with some occult elements thrown in.

:wow: Welcome back, thought you left the forums for good.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We watched the movie 'X'. You can see right away where this gets it's inspiration from, namely the 70's slashers that came before it. I felt the setting and overall feel and look of the film was pretty good. Some of the acting was surprisingly well done. There's a lot of the same tropes and everything it hits on but it's decent. There's a couple really weird parts thrown in that didn't add much to the movie other than to be weird lol.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Teaser for Oz Perkins’ next feature, ‘Longlegs’.

Gave ‘The Blackcoat’s Daughter’ a watch last year and really enjoyed my time with it, so I can’t wait for this. Dude just knows how to craft a brooding atmosphere.

I'm a big fan of the Blackcoat's Daughter. It's shot really well with a great twist on what could have felt like a pretty typical premise. I wasn't as big a fan of "I am the pretty thing that lives in the house," but it still had a really distinct style and cinematography to it.

This new joint looks dope!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm a big fan of the Blackcoat's Daughter. It's shot really well with a great twist on what could have felt like a pretty typical premise. I wasn't as big a fan of "I am the pretty thing that lives in the house," but it still had a really distinct style and cinematography to it.

This new joint looks dope!
Every time this title is brought up, it makes me wish I could erase my memory and take in that movie again for the first time. There’s this heavy, sinister energy that’s felt in each frame. Really made for an unsettling watch where it felt like something could go wrong at any second.

I remember us talking about this one before. Think I mentioned Ti West’s ‘The House of the Devil’ being another horror feature that felt similar in building up a dreadful atmosphere. If y’all know any other movies on the same wavelength, please feel free to let me know. :feedme:

I also see a lot of divisive posts on ‘I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House’ on Reddit, Letterboxd, and I’m curious what it is about the movie that doesn’t mesh with you. I plan on giving it a watch soon anyways, but damn, it kinda sucks to hear after how much I loved ‘The Blackcoat’s Daughter’.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I know his fourth film got delayed recently, but my biggest hope for Peele’s next film is to just go all-out creepy with it. I haven’t really felt all that spooked by his previous titles. ‘Get Out’? Nah. ‘Us’? Got a little creepy at times, but doesn’t go anywhere. ‘Nope’? Maybe like two scenes max that got me.

His projects are intriguing to me but when it comes to being creeped out, I feel like there’s a safety valve somewhere in those scripts that’s hiding the more unsettling material. I want him to go nuts with the horror in this upcoming one.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Every time this title is brought up, it makes me wish I could erase my memory and take in that movie again for the first time. There’s this heavy, sinister energy that’s felt in each frame. Really made for an unsettling watch where it felt like something could go wrong at any second.

I remember us talking about this one before. Think I mentioned Ti West’s ‘The House of the Devil’ being another horror feature that felt similar in building up a dreadful atmosphere. If y’all know any other movies on the same wavelength, please feel free to let me know. :feedme:

I also see a lot of divisive posts on ‘I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House’ on Reddit, Letterboxd, and I’m curious what it is about the movie that doesn’t mesh with you. I plan on giving it a watch soon anyways, but damn, it kinda sucks to hear after how much I loved ‘The Blackcoat’s Daughter’.

That's exactly the vibe from House of the Devil and Blackcoat's Daughter for sure! I caught a similar feeling the first time I watched The Killing of a Sacred Deer. It's got a hell of a cast, an uncanny valley/bad dream energy, and it builds the tension all the way up until the end.

I think "Pretty Thing" is missing that dread. It winds up feeling slow, for the most part. At least, that's my take.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Here's a new drop that's not half bad, but be fair warned the trailer gives away WAY too much. So you're better going in blind IMO.

Loop Track
Ian wants to get as far away from humanity as possible and heads into the New Zealand bush, but a four day journey turns into a fight for survival.

TN5QB25XTVECVIQBDADNJJM6SY.jpg

I went into this completely blind, which made the first half a fun mix of curiosity and humor. Then there's a reveal a little past halfway through that really gets things going. I think it might lose some people on the reveal, but at a minimum, I can say I was surprised. At that point, it kinda splintered off and became a different movie for me, but I still enjoyed it.

I'll spoiler some extra thoughts...
I half-expected the MC to be someone with things to hide. Instead, we got a full-on creature feature. That creature...made me laugh tbh, but it also kinda felt like it could be a thing. Plus, it oddly fit with the movie's dry sense of humor. So, ridiculous monster but I laughed and had fun. My only complaint is that the first half had a lot of good suspense that went down the drain when a giant killer bird was the final boss.