Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hated hereditary. I liked Annihilation a lot, but had some qualms (that was my former favorite). Hated Suspiria. Very disappointed by Mandy. Cam was a huge letdown especially considering the hype. I like Gareth Evans so Apostle was a huge letdown as well. I was looking forward to Piercing with Chris Abbott, turned out to be a poor man’s Audition. For me, 2018 was full of disappointments in my favorite genre.

Climax had balls and was the first Noé movie that showed actual restraint in its vision.

IFC Midnight’s “The witch in the window” was a very good microbudget horror, and I’ve heard good things about “Possum”... to end this rant on a positive note :smile:

See that’s telling me more about what you didn’t like than what you did like. I’m asking why is climax the dopest

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I’m watching the first dance number again cause it’s been stuck in my head. This scene alone trumps all of the Suspiria remake

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
See that’s telling me more about what you didn’t like than what you did like. I’m asking why is climax the dopest
Climax had balls and was the first Noé movie that showed actual restraint in its vision.
Beyond this, I pointed out my dislikes b/c if it were in a stronger year (like 2017) then it would have been Top 5 but not #1

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
So you’re saying climax is the best by default?
Essentially, yes. But not to overlook the fact that it’s Noé’s best work (to me)

I can see how most would think Irreversible is, and cinematically it is unique and well made.... but also far beyond my threshold of enjoyment

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Essentially, yes. But not to overlook the fact that it’s Noé’s best work (to me)

I can see how most would think Irreversible is, and cinematically it is unique and well made.... but also far beyond my threshold of enjoyment

Word. I feel you. Now I see where you’re coming from

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I’m finally watching the entire Halloween collection in chronological order. I’m enjoying them. I’m on H20, the first ever Halloween movie I saw back in the day.

The first 2 are classics. Third I don’t fukk with since I’m a Myers Stan, but looks like a decent horror flick. The Thorn Trilogy is fine with me despite some flaws.

I’ve always been a fan of the Slasher characters. I’ll be on the look out for F13 and NOES collections on sale.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I hope It: Chapter 2 has a teaser during the Super Bowl. Made a shyt load of money from the first film and have been awfully quiet recently. Warner Bros hardly pulls shyt during the big game but a man can dream.
tenor.gif

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I hope It: Chapter 2 has a teaser during the Super Bowl. Made a shyt load of money from the first film and have been awfully quiet recently. Warner Bros hardly pulls shyt during the big game but a man can dream.
tenor.gif
Finally watched it a month or so ago. Very good flick. Possibly a modern day horror classic.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Velvet Buzzsaw is what happens when a director with decent film making sense thinks that a horror movie is easy to make

it was funny and had some points to make but holy cow, as a horror movie, it could really not have been a worse execution. every scare telegraphed from a mile away. horrible attempts at jump scares. offscreen kills of major characters. what a mess :snoop: