Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Velvet Buzzsaw is what happens when a director with decent film making sense thinks that a horror movie is easy to make

it was funny and had some points to make but holy cow, as a horror movie, it could really not have been a worse execution. every scare telegraphed from a mile away. horrible attempts at jump scares. offscreen kills of major characters. what a mess :snoop:

I think it was supposed to be a metamodern approach because it was pretty inexplicable otherwise.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I know Halloween resurrection is bad but I have a soft spot for it. It was the 2nd horror movie I remember watching.
It was my second Halloween film to watch in theaters. Back then I really liked it; now... :camby:

I’d toss it on if I wanna marathon the Myers series tho. :ld:

I like H20 up till the ending. Resurrection is awful tho. Also not a fan of Halloween 5. 6 is okay.

H20 is just boring. I thought the third act was fine. Story is decent. The murders were weak AF, and what’s up with not showing cats get killed? :what:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Velvet Buzzsaw is what happens when a director with decent film making sense thinks that a horror movie is easy to make
Such a weird convoluted mess of a visually unappealing movie. Netflix can miss me with their "Netflix" originals as far as the horror genre. Last few that I've seen were a waste.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was my second Halloween film to watch in theaters. Back then I really liked it; now... :camby:

I’d toss it on if I wanna marathon the Myers series tho. :ld:

H20 is just boring. I thought the third act was fine. Story is decent. The murders were weak AF, and what’s up with not showing cats get killed? :what:

H20 definitely suffers from direction and the change of the score in the 11th hour. But I still fukk with it.

Halloween, Halloween 3, 4, H20, and 2018 Halloween are the ones for me

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Watched Creepshow 2 with my youngest niece and nephew on Saturday.. and they actually enjoyed it and wanted to see more stories when it was done.:dwillhuh:

I had to cut through and make them cover their eyes during The Raft story when ol nerd boy gropes the girl while she's sleep [dude casually sexually assaulting girl in her sleep smh] and that scene in the Hitchhiker where she smashes his skull to bits against the tree.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watched Creepshow 2 with my youngest niece and nephew on Saturday.. and they actually enjoyed it and wanted to see more stories when it was done.:dwillhuh:

I had to cut through and make them cover their eyes during The Raft story when ol nerd boy gropes the girl while she's sleep [dude casually sexually assaulting girl in her sleep smh] and that scene in the Hitchhiker where she smashes his skull to bits against the tree.

Still need to finish creepshow 2. I got through the first segment and got a little bored so I didn’t feel compelled to finish

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Still need to finish creepshow 2. I got through the first segment and got a little bored so I didn’t feel compelled to finished

You should try to get through it when you get the chance... It's nowhere near as good as the first flick as that one had George A Romero's direction and a better feel of those 50's horror comics, the production values are just overall better. The second one is basically 80's horror/camp... The first story is the slowest and weakest one, the other 2 get to the point much quicker and have most of the entertaining fukkery in them.