Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, I've always liked the reboot. It's not my favorite horror or anything but in terms of Jason movies, it's one of the better ones. I always hated seeing it lumped together with the Nightmare on Elm St. reboot which I legitimately didn't like.

I agree with all of this. Most of the Friday the 13th movies aren’t “good” movies. There’s a certain quality they have. This is the most legitimate movie out of the whole bunch

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just wanted to post this cause I’ve been on this soapbox for 10 years now

10 Years Without Jason, Can We Now Admit ‘Friday the 13th’ 2009 Was Damn Good?
giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Bugging. Flick is dope. Especially in a pile of meh Friday the 13th flicks. But I’ll alwsys admit I’m not really a fan of that series. I get it’s appeal but it’s still a series where the creator admitted he shamelessly ripped off Halloween
Off the top of my head the issues I had with the movie were:
Jason being a marijuana farmer
Jason holding random white women hostage like he is some sort of serial rapist;
The nonsense scene where he found his hockey mask;
Jared Padalecki was damn near bigger than the guy playing Jason;
Trying to explain Jason being able to get in front of people he's chasing by having a fukking abandoned mine shaft right next to a fukking lake...that was dumb as hell;
Killing Danielle Panabaker's character for cheap shock value instead of making her the Final Girl was bad enough but then the way they killed her was lame on top of it;

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Off the top of my head the issues I had with the movie were:
Jason being a marijuana farmer
Jason holding random white women hostage like he is some sort of serial rapist;
The nonsense scene where he found his hockey mask;
Jared Padalecki was damn near bigger than the guy playing Jason;
Trying to explain Jason being able to get in front of people he's chasing by having a fukking abandoned mine shaft right next to a fukking lake...that was dumb as hell;
Killing Danielle Panabaker's character for cheap shock value instead of making her the Final Girl was bad enough but then the way they killed her was lame on top of it;

And you’ve got no issue with no other film in that awful franchise?