Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
wait a min: i know they announced moon girl was the smartest in marvel, but i thought that was just a media announcement...did they actually say it in the comics?...
Yeah, they're referring to it in the book now as well.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
15826895_10101159938187082_216806306865715930_n.jpg

:mjlol:
15871593_10101159937817822_8957288044162583651_n.jpg

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Okay guys, so check it. I wanted to get into comics so I've decided to collect some graphic novels. I grabbed Black Panther: Nation Under Our Feet, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers(don't sleep, it's dope) and black comic series Concrete Park.

Now, I got a 50 dollar gift card and Barnes n Noble is doing a Buy 2 DC/Marvel Graphic Novels, Get 1 free deal. So this is how I'm thinking of approaching things.

1. I'ma use my 50 dollar gift card to get the DC Rebirth Omnibus. Jawn is like 600 pages and has all the #1's for their new reboot. I decided on this because my boy has all the must have Batman graphic novels I'm interested in, so this gives me an opportunity to check out some new stuff and not waste money on other shyt(though I am tempted to buy Hush just to have in my own collection..heard it's awesome)

2. Because I am dedicated that kind of money to a big ass DC book, I want to use the buy 2, get 1 free deal to read some Marvel stuff. What I currently have in the cart are All New Wolverine Volume 1(where X-23 replaces Logan as Wolverine) and Black Widow: Shield's Most Wanted. I'm not a huge fan of Black Widow and know very little about X-23 but heard they're both really good. Are both of these series as good as advertised? And what would ya'll recommend? I'd prefer something newer, but not necessarily this year. Maybe something with Spider-Man or Captain America. How has Sam Wilson's run as Cap been? X-Men always has my interest. How was Schism?

Thanks in advance.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Okay guys, so check it. I wanted to get into comics so I've decided to collect some graphic novels. I grabbed Black Panther: Nation Under Our Feet, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers(don't sleep, it's dope) and black comic series Concrete Park.

Now, I got a 50 dollar gift card and Barnes n Noble is doing a Buy 2 DC/Marvel Graphic Novels, Get 1 free deal. So this is how I'm thinking of approaching things.

1. I'ma use my 50 dollar gift card to get the DC Rebirth Omnibus. Jawn is like 600 pages and has all the #1's for their new reboot. I decided on this because my boy has all the must have Batman graphic novels I'm interested in, so this gives me an opportunity to check out some new stuff and not waste money on other shyt(though I am tempted to buy Hush just to have in my own collection..heard it's awesome)

2. Because I am dedicated that kind of money to a big ass DC book, I want to use the buy 2, get 1 free deal to read some Marvel stuff. What I currently have in the cart are All New Wolverine Volume 1(where X-23 replaces Logan as Wolverine) and Black Widow: Shield's Most Wanted. I'm not a huge fan of Black Widow and know very little about X-23 but heard they're both really good. Are both of these series as good as advertised? And what would ya'll recommend? I'd prefer something newer, but not necessarily this year. Maybe something with Spider-Man or Captain America. How has Sam Wilson's run as Cap been? X-Men always has my interest. How was Schism?

Thanks in advance.

X-23 Wolverine is good. Actually, most of X-23's series have been excellent, so even you want to pick up an older one, I'd recommend. Daredevil: Devil in Cell Block D was amazing. New Avengers: Time runs Out leads into the current state of the MU. I've been enjoying Slott on Spider-Man, but it's up and down. I like it because it's fun, there's tons of callbacks to earlier issues in his run and even the Spidey-mythos. I dropped Falcon-Cap a few issues back. Uncanny Avengers & Uncanny X-Men are currently the best 2 books of their teams.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
X-23 Wolverine is good. Actually, most of X-23's series have been excellent, so even you want to pick up an older one, I'd recommend. Daredevil: Devil in Cell Block D was amazing. New Avengers: Time runs Out leads into the current state of the MU. I've been enjoying Slott on Spider-Man, but it's up and down. I like it because it's fun, there's tons of callbacks to earlier issues in his run and even the Spidey-mythos. I dropped Falcon-Cap a few issues back. Uncanny Avengers & Uncanny X-Men are currently the best 2 books of their teams.

I actually scrapped my initial plans and went with these

1. Batman Rebirth Volume 1(pre-ordered)

2. Batman: Hush

3. Robin War(I'm a Batman stan lol)

4. Paper Girls

So my next orders will be marvel based. How is Uncanny X-Men working out? Aren't they currently doing X-men vs Inhumans? If so how do they run side by side? I'm not a big comics head so fill me in.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can get pass the depiction of Ebony White, The Spirit comics by Will Eisner are dope as hell. They are precode era so you get the sexual innuendos, killings, and stories written so an adult can enjoy.

I can only imagine how comics in America would be different today if the Comics Code never happened. We were robbed, brehs.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Someone please tell me the letterer fukked up when he put the dialogue "Good job almost killing Captain America!" over Tony and Carol responded with "Damn you!" even though Cap was caught in the blast of missiles that Tony recklessly fired all around. Or is Bendis really that fukking stupid? Probably, because he's the same fukking idiot who has Eternity welcoming Ulysses into his new "cosmic" role even though Eternity is supposed to be in chains and has been in chains since the goddamn debut of The Ultimates where it has been a series-overlapping mystery.

:camby:Bendis and :camby: anyone who supports this fukking a$$hole.

Whenever Bendis does an event the aftermath of his events come before the conclusion because his conclusion is always "late. Then they put up those dumb ass captions; ". If u have not read blah blah blah, do not read"

:russ::mjlol::lolbron: