Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You may have noticed a few mentions of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man on this list and there’s a pretty good reason why. Throughout the ’80s and ’90s, Marvel kept introducing weird new Spider-Men throughout their books, so much so that they had to deal with them all at once. The result was the horrific “Clone Saga.” This event lasted for two years and jumped back and forth between the many Spidey books Marvel was putting out at the time, so anyone who jumped in at random really had no clue what was going on.

:laugh:

What really made fans mad was the introduction of the Scarlet Spider who, as it turned out, was the real Peter Parker all along, while the Spidey we all knew and loved had been a clone these past 20 years! That’s 20 years of publication, not in-comic-universe time. The crux of this event was a distortion of the “Evil Twin” trope from your favorite daytime television series and fans hated it, especially since it was later revealed that – actually – Peter was the real Peter Parker after all!

:laugh: @MartyMcFly

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ya'll reading this Kingpin book?

Its all about how Kingpin is going to get in some reporters guts :jbhmm:

And not for nothing its pretty interesting reminds me of kingpin's arc in season 1 of Daredevil but he's like a dirty old man now

Not for nothing the book isn't bad game for a middle age dude either if your willing to :cape:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Comic shop near me is closing after 30 years

Been going there since I was a kid :mjcry:

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy shyt online now.

Any brehs got recommendations on best places to buy comics online?

midtowncomics.com

they offer discounts and will have any and every available cover of whatever book you are looking for

teacher

All Star
Daps
Anybody still keeping up with 'Black' Kareem Jenkins not trusting anybody in these streets....my dude generating emp pulses out of nowhere :wow: