Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just read the latest Secret Empire issue. That dinner table scene was :wow: Loved the dialogue.

:mjlol: at "Kiss the Overlord"

5545_10100158066111752_1523930601_n.jpg

8762_10100158066106762_305145575_n.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's sad how Marvel continues to crap all over my dawg Hank Pym. Not being Ant-Man in da MCU, depicted as a woman beater, crazy, alcoholic.....I thought he turned a corner with Mighty Avengers n Secret Avengers......now he some kind of freakish half robot/monster/freak now.

Plus, how in the hell does Cap and the Hydra council allow ULTRON of all ppl to just exist n be around. He too dangerous to just be out n about.

It's crazy how one panel that was incorrectly drawn has completely altered the trajectory of a character.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why is Secret Warriors so damn good? They sh!t on the X-Men again, but it was too fun to knock the book.

Defenders was pretty good too. I hope they replace DD though.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The scene where Hank Pym hits Janet....it wasn't supposed to be drawn that way.

This is what the writer of the story (Jim Shooter) said about it:

there is a scene in which Hank is supposed to have accidentally struck Jan while throwing his hands up in despair and frustration—making a sort of “get away from me” gesture while not looking at her. Bob Hall, who had been taught by John Buscema to always go for the most extreme action, turned that into a right cross! There was no time to have it redrawn, which, to this day has caused the tragic story of Hank Pym to be known as the “wife-beater” story.

Hank Pym was Not a Wife-Beater – JimShooter.com

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's not his fault.

notice how they had someone else kill Namor one month after Secret Wars.

T'Challa could have killed Namor at the end of TRO, and Namor could have been brought back after Secret Wars like everybody else and been killed again by the Supreme Squadron.

Instead Namor got the last minute save by Thanos' crew just to have the beef between him and T'Challa waved away in the most anticlimactic way and have Namor play no important role whatsover in Secret Wars.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
T'Challa could have killed Namor at the end of TRO, and Namor could have been brought back after Secret Wars like everybody else and been killed again by the Supreme Squadron.

Instead Namor got the last minute save by Thanos' crew just to have the beef between him and T'Challa waved away in the most anticlimactic way and have Namor play no important role whatsover in Secret Wars.

:heh: you make it sound like Hickman could've just said ":rudy:fukk you, marvel! I'm killing Namor like I been planning on doing all along!"

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: you make it sound like Hickman could've just said ":rudy:fukk you, marvel! I'm killing Namor like I been planning on doing all along!"

Actually yeah he could have. He killed damn near everybody else at the beginning of Secret Wars. I'm not saying Namor should have stayed dead all the way through Secret Wars, I'm saying he should should have been killed off during Time Runs Out and broke back after Secret Wars like everybody else.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Actually yeah he could have. He killed damn near everybody else at the beginning of Secret Wars. I'm not saying Namor should have stayed dead all the way through Secret Wars, I'm saying he should should have been killed off during Time Runs Out and broke back after Secret Wars like everybody else.

It wasn't his call. Marvel SEVERELY hamstrung what Hickman could and couldn't do.

Me and @TheGodling used to complain about it all the time.

Actually, prolly me. :mjlol:

S.H.I.E.L.D being pushed back indefinitely?

Secret Warriors suddenly having a time lapse with unresolved plot issues?

That bullshyt Thanos event happening in the middle of his run?

Hell, he couldn't even use Immortus and that future world that was a paradise with pyramids as a plot point after he showed it because Kang was going to be used after Secret Wars..

I deleted a TON of stuff I typed here before I hit "post"

But you think if Marvel wants to have Squadron Supreme destroy Atlantis and kill Namor to show how badass they were that Hickman is gonna be able to do it first? :mjlol:

It's not Hickman's fault, breh. Don't blame Hickman.