Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It's sad how Marvel continues to crap all over my dawg Hank Pym. Not being Ant-Man in da MCU, depicted as a woman beater, crazy, alcoholic.....I thought he turned a corner with Mighty Avengers n Secret Avengers......now he some kind of freakish half robot/monster/freak now.

Plus, how in the hell does Cap and the Hydra council allow ULTRON of all ppl to just exist n be around. He too dangerous to just be out n about.
Yeah that's annoying. Yeah he put his hands on Janet and there is no excuse for that but other members have done worse and get a pass. It's still a trip how they pretty much have forgotten all the shyt Wanda did. Her actions in a sense drove Cyclops into a militant and caused a war between the X-Men and Avengers, nearly caused mutants extinction, etc.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that's annoying. Yeah he put his hands on Janet and there is no excuse for that but other members have done worse and get a pass. It's still a trip how they pretty much have forgotten all the shyt Wanda did. Her actions in a sense drove Cyclops into a militant and caused a war between the X-Men and Avengers, nearly caused mutants extinction, etc.

It's crazy to me how Cyclops got shytted on for doing everything he could to protect his race. The Mutants were pushed to the brink and wouldn't have survived without Cyclops. The dumbest thing was the ideological split between him and Wolverine........Because Cyclops had kids go into combat :gucci:

Xavier had been putting kids into combat for YEARS, the original X-Men were kids, and Wolverine always had a teenage sidekick with him, but all of a sudden everyone was on Cyclops ass for doing whatever it took to protect everyone.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's crazy to me how Cyclops got shytted on for doing everything he could to protect his race. The Mutants were pushed to the brink and wouldn't have survived without Cyclops. The dumbest thing was the ideological split between him and Wolverine........Because Cyclops had kids go into combat :gucci:

Xavier had been putting kids into combat for YEARS, the original X-Men were kids, and Wolverine always had a teenage sidekick with him, but all of a sudden everyone was on Cyclops ass for doing whatever it took to protect everyone.

That's not fair Cyclops basically told irie to kill the hostage takers and Wolverine got pissed because he had specifically agreed to lead a hit squad to keep the majority of the team (and especially the children) from having to kill people.

Cyclops ordered Irie to kill and told Wolverine at the end of the day it was them or us and he would own that decision. However Irie was already mentally unstable and that shyt made her more so. So the split was Wolverine saying "you know what none of us should kill on purpose" and Cyke saying "we got to take them out first and permanently Xavier's tactics don't work anymore". So the split saw Wolverine become a teacher, and Cyclops becoming the second coming of Magneto.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That's not fair Cyclops basically told irie to kill the hostage takers and Wolverine got pissed because he had specifically agreed to lead a hit squad to keep the majority of the team (and especially the children) from having to kill people.

Cyclops ordered Irie to kill and told Wolverine at the end of the day it was them or us and he would own that decision. However Irie was already mentally unstable and that shyt made her more so. So the split was Wolverine saying "you know what none of us should kill on purpose" and Cyke saying "we got to take them out first and permanently Xavier's tactics don't work anymore". So the split saw Wolverine become a teacher, and Cyclops becoming the second coming of Magneto.

I made not have agreed with cyclop's tactics but he had a point... :yeshrug: another thing that pisses me off in MCU is that cyclops had proof that these groups are attacking or experimenting on mutants and you telling me no govt agency would help arrest them or anything???:mindblown:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I made not have agreed with cyclop's tactics but he had a point... :yeshrug: another thing that pisses me off in MCU is that cyclops had proof that these groups are attacking or experimenting on mutants and you telling me no govt agency would help arrest them or anything???:mindblown:

That's been my biggest pet peeve for a while but then I look at the real world and I see the systems meant to hold minorities down and the blatant disregard for black lives by the police and I believe it as realistic an approach to mutants (who ironically enough I am not sure are covered by civil rights in the marvel universe) as anything else they could do.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That's been my biggest pet peeve for a while but then I look at the real world and I see the systems meant to hold minorities down and the blatant disregard for black lives by the police and I believe it as realistic an approach to mutants (who ironically enough I am not sure are covered by civil rights in the marvel universe) as anything else they could do.

I'm sure If there was a group of black super powered people and corporations attacking them under the guise of racist ass white humans I'd want to pre emptively drone strike their asses too...:mjlol:

It irks me that groups like that keep popping up especially the sentinels...:mindblown: wont the govt people just stop fukking with the mutants???

I did like the conversation with cyclops and cap, cyclops was laying that shyt on heavy... Cap was like :whoa:

Whatever happened to the threats that xforce encountered did they ever pan out? I mean arent the mutants more or less accepted by MCU society now??? Things have definitely changed right???

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It wasn't his call. Marvel SEVERELY hamstrung what Hickman could and couldn't do.

Me and @TheGodling used to complain about it all the time.

Actually, prolly me. :mjlol:

S.H.I.E.L.D being pushed back indefinitely?

Secret Warriors suddenly having a time lapse with unresolved plot issues?

That bullshyt Thanos event happening in the middle of his run?

Hell, he couldn't even use Immortus and that future world that was a paradise with pyramids as a plot point after he showed it because Kang was going to be used after Secret Wars..

I deleted a TON of stuff I typed here before I hit "post"

But you think if Marvel wants to have Squadron Supreme destroy Atlantis and kill Namor to show how badass they were that Hickman is gonna be able to do it first? :mjlol:

It's not Hickman's fault, breh. Don't blame Hickman.

Don't forget he had to wrap up FF real fast because Marvel wanted to reboot everything and put him on Avengers so years of build-up suddenly had to conclude in one story arc. I don't think that Hickman was allowed to finish one book on his own terms during his entire contract with Marvel, hence why he now is just focusing on his indie work and staying away from Marvel and DC.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:what:

You spinning this shyt to make Cyclops look bad breh.

Idie, a bunch of other kids, and some crazy powerful X-Men were at an Event. The fukking Hellfire club attacked and took out all the powerful X-men (which included the likes of Iceman, Magneto, and Emma). Idie was hiding and talking telepathically with Wolverine and Cyclops. Logan and Scott were trying their best to get there to help, but they were both too far away, Idie told them the X-men were being kidnapped and the Hellfire Club was about to kill everyone else. Wolverine told Idie to run, Cyclops told her they weren't going to make it in time and said "You do what you feel you have to". So no, he didn't tell that girl to kill anyone. Also worth noting that Wolverine and Scott didn't get there till AFTER everything had gone down.

After that a giant sentinel attacked Utopia. The only people there were Cyclops, Wolverine, a bunch of kids (most of whom had already taken down the like of Nimord and Predator X), and some other X-men that were out of commission. Wolverine tried to take the Sentinel down himself but he couldn't, then Scott tried to take it down by himself but he couldn't....Then the kids VOLUNTEERED to help Scott fight back. Wolverine showed up late (again) and said he didn't want the kids fighting and that they should just run and blow up the Island. He told the kids to leave, Scott starts fighting Logan to keep him from blowing up Utopia, the Sentinel shows up and nearly kills them both, the kids come back and starting fighting the Sentinel and end up beating it.

So despite how some people spin it, Cyclops didn't tell Idie to kill anyone and he didn't force kids into combat. What makes the shyt even more dumb is that some of the same fukking kids were at Wolverine's school and ended up in combat situations.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't his call. Marvel SEVERELY hamstrung what Hickman could and couldn't do.

Me and @TheGodling used to complain about it all the time.

Actually, prolly me. :mjlol:

S.H.I.E.L.D being pushed back indefinitely?

Secret Warriors suddenly having a time lapse with unresolved plot issues?

That bullshyt Thanos event happening in the middle of his run?

Hell, he couldn't even use Immortus and that future world that was a paradise with pyramids as a plot point after he showed it because Kang was going to be used after Secret Wars..

I deleted a TON of stuff I typed here before I hit "post"

But you think if Marvel wants to have Squadron Supreme destroy Atlantis and kill Namor to show how badass they were that Hickman is gonna be able to do it first? :mjlol:

It's not Hickman's fault, breh. Don't blame Hickman.

I'm not saying Hickman didn't have to deal with editorial fukking with his story. I'm saying Namor not dying at the end of TRO couldn't have been because of the Squadron Supreme book. Everyone was brought back to life after Secret Wars, including the Squadron Supreme. In fact now that I think about it, Namor ended up dying during Secret Wars, he got one shotted by Doom before the Doom/Panther fight.

Now if you want to say that Hickman had something planned for Namor that he couldn't do during Secret Wars that's one thing, but Namor surviving TRO couldn't have possible had anything to do with the Squadron Supreme book, because even if he died there he'd have come back like everyone else.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure If there was a group of black super powered people and corporations attacking them under the guise of racist ass white humans I'd want to pre emptively drone strike their asses too...:mjlol:

It irks me that groups like that keep popping up especially the sentinels...:mindblown: wont the govt people just stop fukking with the mutants???

I did like the conversation with cyclops and cap, cyclops was laying that shyt on heavy... Cap was like :whoa:

Whatever happened to the threats that xforce encountered did they ever pan out? I mean arent the mutants more or less accepted by MCU society now??? Things have definitely changed right???

X-Force handled shyt pretty well for the most part, the ONLY thing the fukked up on ultimately was the shyt with En Sabah Nur (which makes Wolverines high and mighty attitude about Cyclops all the more hypocritical).

The reason Scott kept getting more and more ruthless was because they were literally being pushed to the brink of extinction and nobody else cared. The Avengers and Fantastic Four never even tried to fukking help. The government was actively coming for them. That's why Scott ended up having to draw a line in the sand and say "fukk with us and we'll fukk your shyt up".

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
X-Force handled shyt pretty well for the most part, the ONLY thing the fukked up on ultimately was the shyt with En Sabah Nur (which makes Wolverines high and mighty attitude about Cyclops all the more hypocritical).

The reason Scott kept getting more and more ruthless was because they were literally being pushed to the brink of extinction and nobody else cared. The Avengers and Fantastic Four never even tried to fukking help. The government was actively coming for them. That's why Scott ended up having to draw a line in the sand and say "fukk with us and we'll fukk your shyt up".

I understand all of but with cyclops dead and all where do the mutants stand in the MCU...:jbhmm:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm not saying Hickman didn't have to deal with editorial fukking with his story. I'm saying Namor not dying at the end of TRO couldn't have been because of the Squadron Supreme book. Everyone was brought back to life after Secret Wars, including the Squadron Supreme. In fact now that I think about it, Namor ended up dying during Secret Wars, he got one shotted by Doom before the Doom/Panther fight.

Now if you want to say that Hickman had something planned for Namor that he couldn't do during Secret Wars that's one thing, but Namor surviving TRO couldn't have possible had anything to do with the Squadron Supreme book, because even if he died there he'd have come back like everyone else.

:ehh:

honestly I feel like Hickman couldn't do shyt but finish his stories. after he got the acclaim, every single thing he built characters to do outside of actually finishing stories got slapped down.

That includes living, dying, switching sides, and having infinity gauntlets and/or gems.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thoughts on Marvel Legacy?

Only thing I'm curious about is the Black Panther....

The date they give for that character would have to mean it's going to be Bashenga featured in the story, and outside of a few brief mentions we've hardly ever gotten any information on Bashenga.

I understand all of but with cyclops dead and all where do the mutants stand in the MCU...:jbhmm:

I think right now they're in the best position they've been in before M-Day. People still hate the fukk out of them and want them dead.
:ehh:

honestly I feel like Hickman couldn't do shyt but finish his stories. after he got the acclaim, every single thing he built characters to do outside of actually finishing stories got slapped down.

That includes living, dying, switching sides, and having infinity gauntlets and/or gems.

He shouldn't have had T'Challa continually threaten to kill Namor while Namor kept fukking him over unless he was sure he could have T'Challa kill him. That shyt was a bad look, especially after Doomwar. Now there's this track record of T'Challa threatening to kill characters and not actually following through with it or him trying to do it but ultimately failing.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps

BRUH!

Wanda, crazy or not, re wrote reality n the Avengers n X-men like (Except Rogue n OG Wolverine thankfully) "all's forgiven, feel free to roam around the Marvel Universe u walking WMD :king:"