The official Netflix Marvel's "Jessica Jones" thread

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Finished the first season, loved it. A few remarks:

In general I love the idea of the "Marvel Universe" across ventures, in a world where everybody saw the final battle from The Avengers go down and must accept the existence of all kind of weird shyt

Kristen Ritter's much more convincing in thess sorts of roles than most actresses, also the streets need that JJ/Black Widow team up :shaq:

Funny how society changes cause even 10 years ago I think this show's straightfoward depiction of BM/WW and lesbian relationships woulda been controversial; remember how ppl reacted to that MNF skit w/ TO and Terri Hatcher :mjpls:

... But don't think I don't catch them subliminals tho, like that Weeknd lookin nikka can be in the friendzone, but if you wanna holla at Jess, you'd better be one of these six foot, six cert, six superpower nikkas
34sz2cA.png

And the show's way funnier if you imagine Sean Connery as Kilgrave

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Overall the show was like one long ass continuous movie. Ritter was sexy as hell starting out but Kilgrave wore her down.

I also liked how Kilgrave was portrayed. He had the power to basically take over the world but was caught up in simping. He also had a lot of baggage. The show didn't feel like a super hero show. I liked it.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Only complaint about these Netflix series is I still feel they're not cinnected enough with the greater MCU. Just referencing the Avengers isn't enough to me...I get that these are wildly different in tone, scale, and budget. I don't expect Iron Man to make an appearance. But man, have a SHIELD agent snoop around them or something.