The Reason that "Ali" was a boring ass mess was becuz of Will Smith

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Public Enemies is great. It's a Western in a gangster setting. The outlaw driven out by technology and civilization. :blessed:

I love that isn't a-b-c in terms of plot of progression. I love movies that wander a bit, and let you just take in the setting, and characters.

It was too black for whites, and the movie was killed by the competition. They should have released it in November or October. It had no chance against Lord of The Rings, Ocean's 11, Vanilla Sky, and then A Beautiful Mind.
Public Enemies was :trash:
One of the most dissappointing movies from Mann. It should and could have been great, but in the end it didn't work for me. :manny:The whole film seemed a little off.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
When it comes to working with other black folks (besides Martin) Will is on that

7IL6fQA.gif

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Lemme quote myself

Will really didn't want Spike to direct it but wanted sum garbage cac to do it. And imo it turned out being boring and wack as fukk. I've given Will a side eye ever since for that shyt

See, I was ready to side with you until you called Michael Mann a "garbage cac." Should of made your point without it, now your point is just whack trash.

Name something hot Spike has made in the 21st century...

Inside Man, 25th Hour - Commercial Appeal
Levees, Bamboozled, Mike Tyson, and Bad 25 - Artistic Appeal

Plus he got indie appeal too. He stay grinding out ideas and projects, whether you absorb them or not is up to you (also, arguing batting average is pretty weak, no filmmaker bats 1.000).

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Public Enemies was :trash:
One of the most dissappointing movies from Mann. It should and could have been great, but in the end it didn't work for me. :manny:The whole film seemed a little off.
Yeah, Public Enemies was one of the worst movie going experiences I've had, the digital film looked horrible and I couldn't wait for it to be over

the ali movie was boring, why would I watch a movie about ali when i could easily watch "When we were kings" and see the GOAT himself

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Inside Man, 25th Hour - Commercial Appeal
Levees, Bamboozled, Mike Tyson, and Bad 25 - Artistic Appeal

Plus he got indie appeal too. He stay grinding out ideas and projects, whether you absorb them or not is up to you (also, arguing batting average is pretty weak, no filmmaker bats 1.000).
I'd say 25th Hour was definitely artistic appeal.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Yeah, Public Enemies was one of the worst movie going experiences I've had, the digital film looked horrible and I couldn't wait for it to be over

the ali movie was boring, why would I watch a movie about ali when i could easily watch "When we were kings" and see the GOAT himself

So much truth in this post. When We Were Kings was directed by Leon Gast (a white dude), so lets cancel out the race argument when it comes to Ali. Biopics are made to be mediocre.

I'd say 25th Hour was definitely artistic appeal.

I can definitely ride with that, but it had significant commercial appeal as well.