The stigma of getting STD/STI tests

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by 987654321, Oct 3, 2020.

1. 987654321

987654321 All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I was skimming the king face topics, and came across a few points that made me curious.

In my younger days I didn’t really think about the possibility of l having anything until a girl I knew, for years (even went to school with) burned me. Thankfully it was temporary, even though it felt like hell a for a day.

After that I started getting tested, full panel, every three months; I do extra tests when I’m messing with a new girl. I picked a private lab and it costs like $200. I also request it when I do a physical with my doctors. I used to get nervous or even embarrassed but that faded away pretty quickly.

I feel like the peace of mind, knowing I’m clean, is worth it.

For anybody who doesn’t get tested regularly, and is going raw (I can’t lie, I do it after a girl gets tested and is clean. I hate rubbers) do feel like there’s a stigma or something stopping you from getting tested? Are you worried about costs?

I think it would be cool if this topic could be a judgment free zone for anyone who has questions or worries about potentially being positive for something or potential costs. I hope that others can respond to any concerns to clear up any misconceptions. People fukk up from time to time. It doesn’t make you a bad person or a dirty person. shyts out there and folks don’t even know they have it. I’m willing to give whatever advice, I can, to anyone who wants to seek testing or treatment but isn’t sure. Your health is important, you can always plot on slashing that slut buckets tires later.

***If this topics takes off and anyone exposes a DM’d question or private convo about reproductive health issues. I hope the kids can agree that that shyt should be an instant ban.

2. Jammer22

Jammer22 All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

I think most people get by on looking through the bathroom cabinets and googling the medicines/pills they find.

:yeshrug:

3. Astroslik

Astroslik Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chicago
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

FIVE 6 MAFIA dapped this.
  4. Peter Popoff

Peter Popoff aka S0ur² aka The Rotten Apple - #Dogset

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn, Texas
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

5. Asiatic Black Hebrew

Asiatic Black Hebrew Zulu passenger out of Africa

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $347580.00

Anyone who needs convincing to get tested in this day & age is fukking retarded.

6. Mr Hate Coffee

Mr Hate Coffee Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $450259.00

OP is right getting std tests has a stigma. I remember getting tested in college just to be proactive. The doc was asking me wild questions like, “have you had unprotected anal sex?” “Have you had unprotected sex with a prostitute?” shyt had me like :dahell: I told him no to all his questions and he looked at me like “why tf are you here?” :skip:

but as I got older I had some scares plus I was dealing with multiple women so I’d get tested like 2-3x a year. It got to the point where I wasn’t sweating the stigma because it was nice to have the piece of mind.

unfortunately most std testing is reactive.

7. TRUEST

TRUEST Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

nah there is no stigma to getting tested regularly. the stigma is in the behavior of NOT getting tested frequently.

when i ask a girl when the last time was she got tested and its been over a year ago, i usually lose interest.

a woman who doesnt get tested regularly usually falls under one of the following categoriess:

1. she's not financially stable enough to afford it.
    2. she does not fully understand why checkups are necessary..ie. she's not educated. most likely a high school drop out. most likely has just GED, if that.
    3. she doesnt really take care of herself down there (which means there's a good chance she stinks. nope, this is a nono).
    4. she knows she needs to get checked but classifies the act of actually going to get tested as a great bore (its not exciting. its inconvenient)
    - if she falls under this category, she's a thrill seeker.

8. BigScust

BigScust Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $109000.33

there is definitely the feeling that people only get tested if they think they have something. not just because they should

9. Travelnomad

Travelnomad All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I’d say do it regularly, not on some once a year shyt either . When I was single I’d get tested every 3 months ( not team raw btw ) but still it’s a lot of stuff that doesn’t show up , until you get blood work done .

10. Peter Popoff

Peter Popoff aka S0ur² aka The Rotten Apple - #Dogset

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn, Texas
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Aight so I have a confession to make. I had unprotected sex with a chick that had hsv2 a few months back maybe in February. I was paranoid as shyt even though she didn't have an outbreak, luckily I got tested but it's just shyt that makes you think. There's a lot of broads out there with herpes and no outbreaks, get tested and strap up. She told me she had it and I always wore a condom but one drunk night had a nikka paranoid. Also, the thing is there's a lot of ppl out there both men and women having unprotected sex and asymptomatic.

11. El_Mero_Mero

El_Mero_Mero All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Y'all make sure to re-up this thread in the daytime so that more eyes get to see it. The more people informed, the better.

12. ThrobbingHood

ThrobbingHood #LeaveTheWenchesInTheTrenches

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

In my wild days, I’d always get tested at least a month after hooking up with some randoms. And immediately the day after getting the results, I’d smash some more floozies raw and the fun would begin again. :snoop:

JadeB and 987654321 dapped this.
  13. SATAN

SATAN Eve was a thot.

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    HELL
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

The only stigma is from actually having an STD. Look at how we always roasting Usher and NBA Youngboy.

Routine STI/STD tests don't test for herpes

I wore protection and still got it from a chick that didn't even know she had it

The doctor told me I don't even have to disclose
    :gucci:

I haven't had any symptoms since my first outbreak but I take daily antivirals just in case. 3 different pharmacies were completely out of prescription Valtrex so I had to wait a few days to get a refill. Last time my main pharmacy was out of stock as well. How common is hsv if the medication is out of stock so often?

I disclose to all partners beforehand and the 3 chicks I'm seeing right now also have hsv2. They didn't say shyt about it until I disclosed that I have it
    :francis:

Stay safe out there, y'all

I have all my STD results on my phone since my doc emails them to me. My main chick also has receipts
    :blessed: And she got an IUD :mjlit:

14. 3rdWorld

3rdWorld Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

I smashed 3 hoes raw late last year, and had a condom slip or something..

15. MikeyK

MikeyK All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

How much do tests costs? :picard:

FlyRy, Westbama Heartthrob and 987654321 dapped this.