“They” really don’t want you to vote out here “voter intimidation” 🧐

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
That poster says the dumbest shyt.

During the Supreme Court confirmations he posted a idiotic tweet claiming that Ketanji Brown Jackson was Nigerian/South African and then claimed that Black people were naturally conservative. Same shyt you're seeing here with this weird confluence of right-wing politics and anti-African hate.

Back in 2016 all that ados fba blexit stuff had so much clout around here at the time you could hardly speak against the obvious political motives there.

I feel free and open now to say the few people still latching on to that shyt are either blatant agents trying to get Republicans elected or just paranoid self hating nuts.

I mean the way these dudes can jump into a thread about a fukking dating app go vote ad and have all this fake outrage towards Democrats but then jump into a thread like this with capes on and false talking points about Asian hate crime bills. It could not be more telling.

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
There's zero chance these will hold up in court - all of them were TOLD they were eligible to vote. DeSantis knows that but he's doing the arrests anyway as a political stunt.

Worst case scenario is that his D.A.'s are going to refuse to drop the case without going to trial for political reasons, and they'll manage to get some of them to take plea deals because they're scared of the expense/drawn-out process. Then DeSantis will claim that he "proved" voter fraud and run on that too.

And this guy is second only to Trump as the parties leading figure and likely 2024 candidate if Trump don't run. And "pro-black" folks here still talmbout "I don't care. You not gonna shame into voting. fukk Dems."

Anyone mind pulling up that thread of TLR Republican cheerleaders sucking this glorified Klan leader off when he was pulling childish stunts with illegal immigrants.

:sas2: "He tHrOwInG tHiS bAcK iN DeMs faces! DeMs r tHe OneS tHaT WanT oPiN BorDeRs! REpUbLiCaNs ritE sUmTomeS tHo rofl"

And when people who aren't fukking naive kiss asses to these Republicans eager to agree with them called it a cactastic disgrace and warned them that they look dumb bigging up Dekkklantis and the white power politics of MAGA conservatives we was called "DNC bootlicking shills."

:sas1:

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
Huh? Ex-felons in Florida CAN vote. You seem to be completely unfamiliar with what was happening in Florida:

In 2018, Florida voters passed a law that immediately gave all felons who have completed their sentence the right to vote unless they were convicted of murder or sex offense. For the murder/sex cases, they had to appeal to the State Clemency Board first to get their rights restored.

In 2019, DeSantis and Florida Republicans in the legislature tried to overrule the will of the voters by passing a law that took away the right to vote for any former felon who hadn't fully paid back any fines, fees, or restitution costs. That disinfranchised nearly 800,000 people, most of whom didn't even know if they were eligible or not because there's no easy way to check.

In 2020, a federal judge blocked DeSantis's bullshyt law, saying that it was unconstitutional and would create massive voter confusion.

Just a couple months before the 2020 election, the 11th Circuit Appeals Court overturned that judge's ruling on a 6-4 vote and said the felons who hadn't paid fees were still ineligible. All 6 of the judges who ruled in favor of DeSantis were Trump or Bush nominees, two of them had originally been nominated as judges to the Florida Supreme Court by DeSantis himself before Trump then raised them even higher.

For a large number of ex-felons, whether or not they can vote in Florida is completely confusing. DeSantis intended it to be that way on purpose.

I don't think people get that these are legit white supremacists elected by white supremacists. They dont know shyt about government. They dont follow politics beyond bandwagon jumping and phony intellect. And they think there are no stakes at play here, white people are not racist at all, and we got all types of time and freedom to fukk around with elections when guys like Dekkklantis, Herschel Walker and Marjorie Taylor Greene are out there.

It's like their still children that think voting is something the adults take care off while they jeer and spout whatever they're told by others for the attention of appearing like they're involved.

As for that poster you quoted, he another one that jumps into every politics thread running interference for these Neo Nazis with complete misinfo ge got from Fox News and then challenges you to find any post of him saying he supports Republicans. I don't know how this trolling don't at least get you banned from politics threads.

Glorious

All Star
Daps
That's not exactly true they changed the laws via ballot initiative a number of years ago still difficult to vote as a felon though. This really is a waste of time and resources and is only being done because Republicans want to continue the voter fraud narrative.

Didn't Scott vetoed it along with the marijuana referendum? I think Progressive Dems in congress were pushing to just have felons with drug convictions for weed to have their voting rights restored but the issue is still the federal law on marijuana to get around states like Florida and previously New York. That's why Biden getting rid of the convictions restores their voting rights. Nobody was talking about restoring the voting rights for murderers and rapists unless they were wrongly prosecuted.

Glorious

All Star
Daps
Huh? Ex-felons in Florida CAN vote. You seem to be completely unfamiliar with what was happening in Florida:

In 2018, Florida voters passed a law that immediately gave all felons who have completed their sentence the right to vote unless they were convicted of murder or sex offense. For the murder/sex cases, they had to appeal to the State Clemency Board first to get their rights restored.

In 2019, DeSantis and Florida Republicans in the legislature tried to overrule the will of the voters by passing a law that took away the right to vote for any former felon who hadn't fully paid back any fines, fees, or restitution costs. That disinfranchised nearly 800,000 people, most of whom didn't even know if they were eligible or not because there's no easy way to check.

In 2020, a federal judge blocked DeSantis's bullshyt law, saying that it was unconstitutional and would create massive voter confusion.

Just a couple months before the 2020 election, the 11th Circuit Appeals Court overturned that judge's ruling on a 6-4 vote and said the felons who hadn't paid fees were still ineligible. All 6 of the judges who ruled in favor of DeSantis were Trump or Bush nominees, two of them had originally been nominated as judges to the Florida Supreme Court by DeSantis himself before Trump then raised them even higher.

For a large number of ex-felons, whether or not they can vote in Florida is completely confusing. DeSantis intended it to be that way on purpose.
I thought it was reversed by the SCOTUS

I can't get behind the paywall but
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...de827c-c5dd-11ea-a99f-3bbdffb1af38_story.html

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I'll say again. No movement telling the right not to vote. Zero. Zilch. Folks on here talk agenda but that's a top tier example!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'll say again. No movement telling the right not to vote. Zero. Zilch. Folks on here talk agenda but that's a top tier example!

That's not a movement, that was just dumbasses spouting off who turned around and took it back. Trump is actively campaigning for candidates. :childplease:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
That's not a movement, that was just dumbasses spouting off who turned around and took it back. Trump is actively campaigning for candidates. :childplease:
oh-that-was-different-injured.gif

Headass :mjlol:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Didn't Scott vetoed it along with the marijuana referendum? I think Progressive Dems in congress were pushing to just have felons with drug convictions for weed to have their voting rights restored but the issue is still the federal law on marijuana to get around states like Florida and previously New York. That's why Biden getting rid of the convictions restores their voting rights. Nobody was talking about restoring the voting rights for murderers and rapists unless they were wrongly prosecuted.

Nope - it was a voter initiative, not the legislature, so Scott didn't have any power to veto it. It's law - felons can vote in Florida. The legislature just added that weasely condition after-the-fact to make the eligibility more confusing and get some of them off the rolls.

I thought it was reversed by the SCOTUS

I can't get behind the paywall but
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...de827c-c5dd-11ea-a99f-3bbdffb1af38_story.html

Nope - Supreme Court never touched the original law nor would they ever have power to. Plenty of states allow felons to vote, how would that be unconsitutional? Nothing in the Constitution says anything about not allowing felons to vote.

What the Supreme Court did was decline to take up the Court of Appeals decision on that Republican addition to the law that was passed the next year, meaning the Court of Appeals decision to let it ride still held and those felons who hadn't paid off fines/fees/retribution were still ineligible.