This Enzo & Cass situation indicative of a larger problem at work

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
WWE writers (the main ones, apparently they've got close to 30 :mjlol:)

Dewey Foley : Mick's son, no experience in writing TV

Christopher Scobille aka Jimmy Jacobs : Former indie wrestler Jimmy Jacobs - Wikipedia

Joseph Belcastro : Not much background / experience in writing Who is NXT's new head writer?

Max Pelham aka Mickey Keegan : Former indie wrestler Mickey Keegan - Wikipedia

David Kapoor aka Ranjin Singh : Former Khali manager Ranjin Singh (wrestling) - Wikipedia

Road Doog (Smackdown writer) : We all know him

Robert Evans : Former indie wrestler Robert Evans (wrestler) - Wikipedia

Ryan Ward : Not much info on him

Steven Guerrieri : Comedy writer, also use to work for the Food Network https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-guerrieri-2a43576

''Guerrieri previously wrote for Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels show and other Food Network programs.''

Should hire comic book writers. I could.see them thriving

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miz/Maryse is even worse. On SD they were a dominant power couple who sonned the shyt out of all the top people (Ziggler, Bryan, Renee, Ambrose, Cena, Nikki).

On Raw, they've spent the last three months doing a poor rehash of the Ambrose feud they did on Smackdown six months earlier, with a side plot about their martial problems. :scusthov:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't believe people are complaining about this. Enzo & Cass were a terrible tag-team in the ring, and I found them annoying on the mic. I understand people like to repeat their lines, but keep that shyt to the house shows. I don't want to see that shyt every week on RAW.

Also, watching Enzo trying to wrestle is embarrassing. Good riddance :camby:

You like Baron Corbin tho, so :camby:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Company is in an awful place right now, can't even force myself to tune in for fukkery like I used to. There's no good stories being told and the one off attractions like Brock are even stale now. I sometimes catch the highlights on twitter and I swear RAW recycles the same matches over and over.
Let's not be slick either.. Elias Samson is copying YOU KNOW WHO from 03 in a few ways but he's put his own zing on it..dressed it up.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Miz/Maryse is even worse. On SD they were a dominant power couple who sonned the shyt out of all the top people (Ziggler, Bryan, Renee, Ambrose, Cena, Nikki).

On Raw, they've spent the last three months doing a poor rehash of the Ambrose feud they did on Smackdown six months earlier, with a side plot about their martial problems. :scusthov:
They had to make sure Ambrose wss booked stronger and was capable of breaking them up..shut u see in old face Cripple H stories. Scust.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Kapoor was a writer before Khali came to TV so he's been there for 10 years. I actually like that they have more former wrestlers there. The other 20 sitcom / soap opera writers are probably the problem.

Dewey ain't nothing but an assistant, he shouldn't even put that up on his LinkedIn.

I actually think former wrestlers being writers is what is holding them back somewhat :manny: . You need outside minds to come in and revitalize that entire staff. People who are young, understand wrestling, and what works in the modern world. These wrestlers and former bookers are stuck in there own world and are trying to keep something that needs to evolve from doing so.

I'd like to know the writing staff for LU because they realize that while they had to give wrestling that was accessible to everyone, they also needed to come with something different to stand out and they did :blessed:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

I don't see why they're adding this in. It makes no sense, as they're practically the perfect couple.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I actually think former wrestlers being writers is what is holding them back somewhat :manny: . You need outside minds to come in and revitalize that entire staff. People who are young, understand wrestling, and what works in the modern world. These wrestlers and former bookers are stuck in there own world and are trying to keep something that needs to evolve from doing so.

I'd like to know the writing staff for LU because they realize that while they had to give wrestling that was accessible to everyone, they also needed to come with something different to stand out and they did :blessed:

Idk only because for the longest they relegated wrestlers to road agents. For a while the majority of writers were guys who knew nothing about wrestling and were just taking the first writing job they could get.

LU's head writer is actually a former WWE writer.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt

They just need people whom understand the business, how to develop character, promos, and also understand how to move with the times. Heyman is the best advocate for that but they clipped his legs to where he don't even wanna fukk with the writing part anymore

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you ever get tired of posting garbage like this about "smarks" and shyt? It's the same thing every time and you're always wrong.

The writing and general idea in the WWE are garbage and there's nothing more to it. Enzo and Cass have been riding purely on charisma, but really haven't done much of note. Every person in this thread predicted the Cass turn, which is embarrassing. These two guys benefit from needing something that the other has, but this is the WWE in a nutshell --- they don't have anything for them, so they split them up cause they don't know how to manage a tag division, and will blame Enzo and Cass if/when they fail.
Get mad at an opinion brehs.

Its still real to you mark?

Only 10% of WWE audience watches NXT (no I wont post links, google it mark.)

These guys coasted off their NXT intro for a year. Thats on them. The gram was more important to Enzo than his job.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Enzo should have been a manager from the start

It's disrespectful to job to them

Class has a future because he's big and only 30 years old

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Idk only because for the longest they relegated wrestlers to road agents. For a while the majority of writers were guys who knew nothing about wrestling and were just taking the first writing job they could get.

LU's head writer is actually a former WWE writer.

seems more like that falls on the hiring process than anything. Vince could have picked better younger writers but maybe they were the best or maybe Vince is horrible at evaluating writing talent now :yeshrug: