Travels in Mexico 🇲🇽 and Guatemala 🇬🇹 AMA

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
went to guatemala last month on a whim just cause the flights were cheap.

really surprised me with how dope it was. didnt feel in danger at all anywhere I was at. Antigua was beautiful and so were the towns around lake atitlan. Just a really dope place and I really enjoyed myself. Food was really good and the people were super nice and friendly.
Best country I’ve ever been to 🥹

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Trying to go somewhere for the Labor Day weekend, bday surprise trip, thing is, hurricanes are very active around that time. Help a breh out on where to go without dealing with the possibility of a hurricane

A couple spot if you brehs have any suggestions
anywhere in the interior of Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica or Colombia is an option all close to the states less than 5 hours away. I know what people think but Hurricanes are kinda rare They don't hit the sameplace enough for anyone to bush a place because a Hurricane hit it.

So if you check the weather you could go to the Carribean and still be good.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Bruh touring around like a white woman and acting like he deep into the shyts.
You want to go to the Mexican trenches???

check out Demoler or Ed's Manisfesto's Telegram pages. They showed the aftermath of a CJMD attack on a town had a dog carrying a dude's head.

Mexican Trenches are on a different level.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
MY GAWD.. I thought they was tryna get over recently when they told me get vacation and 30 days pto that start after 90 days :picard:

Thats on top of wfh days and such.. Im tryna run the race and work from home on other side of world.. Time for ya to skill up and switch industry:damn:
Y'all the lucky ones. I have no PTO for the first year in my job. I'm three months in:mjcry:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
How the hell u avoid getting sick in Mexico city
What you mean? The elevation in CDMX didn’t affect me as much as other places I’ve been in Latin America (Quito, Bogota). I was cool

you literally sit in a large group and try to talk to each other in a different language. Like if you were trying to learn Spanish you'd speak to a Spanish speaker ( hopefully you knows English) and youd communicate and correct each other whle talking.
Great way to meet people. Hitting one up is always on my itinerary. Cool vibes with some drinks

ill pay 130 a night for a hilton on the weekend :hubie:not trying to wake up in a bathtub missing a kidney
I feel safer here than I do back in the US, real talk.

You in condesa, palanco, or Roma area?

What’s the air quality like?

I met a woman in Guadalajara years back from Cuernavaca. “The City of Enteral Spring”. Her spring felt eternal.
:mjlit:
Enjoy Brotha and be safe out there.
Nah I was in “San Rafael” which is the next neighborhood north of roma and Polanco. I stayed in Condesa when I slid in 2022, it’s so gentrified they charging damn near American prices. I got spoiled in Colombia, Peru…feeding 3 people for $25.

Air quality depends on the day and wind. I know when I landed it was hazy as fukk but taking off to go to Oaxaca it was clear

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
went to guatemala last month on a whim just cause the flights were cheap.

really surprised me with how dope it was. didnt feel in danger at all anywhere I was at. Antigua was beautiful and so were the towns around lake atitlan. Just a really dope place and I really enjoyed myself. Food was really good and the people were super nice and friendly.
Yeah I head to Guatemala on Sunday. Went back in 2022 and been itching to get back cuz I didn’t get a chance to hit lake Atitlan. I hit up the Caribbean side of Guatemala @Sleepy Floyd

Only place you’ll find Afro people. Felt like I was in the islands

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
gringos and locals get to gather to learn each others language + its a socializing type thing as the locals tend to be of similar backgrounds (corporate,educated, etc) as the gringos

you literally sit in a large group and try to talk to each other in a different language. Like if you were trying to learn Spanish you'd speak to a Spanish speaker ( hopefully you knows English) and youd communicate and correct each other whle talking.

Thanks. Sounds fun. My Spanish has been really improving. I'll have to try one the next time I go to CDMX.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
What you mean? The elevation in CDMX didn’t affect me as much as other places I’ve been in Latin America (Quito, Bogota). I was cool

Great way to meet people. Hitting one up is always on my itinerary. Cool vibes with some drinks

I feel safer here than I do back in the US, real talk.

Nah I was in “San Rafael” which is the next neighborhood north of roma and Polanco. I stayed in Condesa when I slid in 2022, it’s so gentrified they charging damn near American prices. I got spoiled in Colombia, Peru…feeding 3 people for $25.

Air quality depends on the day and wind. I know when I landed it was hazy as fukk but taking off to go to Oaxaca it was clear

I mean the food. Last time I went, I had diarrhea for 4-5 days, and my girlfriend ended up with the same plus some tough vomiting.