TSC Wrestling Podcast Discussion Thread (Inspired By David Shoemaker's Podcast > Cheap Heat)

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
When Shoemaker first left, I wasn't sure who would end up being the "Jannetty" podcast but 3 months later and I have to say The Masked Man Show has surpassed Cheap Heat.

He also has an advantage because he actually watches the product and indies which gives him an advantage. The one thing Rosenberg does get now is bigger guests because of the ESPN affiliation but besides that it's not touching it.

Am I off base with this statement or nah?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I kinda disagree...the banter between rosenberg and Stat Guy Greg is way more entertaining than the monotone back forth that Shoemaker typically has with his guests. Plus i mean the guy interviewed SHANE MCMAHON on yesterdays podcast.

ODDLY, Shoemaker and whoever the other guy was said CWC was BAD? And that the matches arent GOOD?

:dahell: x 10

I mean thats an opinon but it came across as elitest....shoemaker does that a lot (although, rosenbergs OVERSHILLING OF THE WOMANS DIVISION IS JUST AS BAD)

If both show up on my iPad im choosing cheap heat first because of entertainment value

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
Rosenberg's "kiss my ass" >>>

Rosenbergs certain unawareness and shoemakers attention to detail and ability to reel peter back in is what made cheap heat great. Greg was the perfect 3rd guy. Just an alright sidekick.

I'll say cheap heat has a solid addition with Brian Campbell though.

KevJ

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I kinda disagree...the banter between rosenberg and Stat Guy Greg is way more entertaining than the monotone back forth that Shoemaker typically has with his guests. Plus i mean the guy interviewed SHANE MCMAHON on yesterdays podcast.

ODDLY, Shoemaker and whoever the other guy was said CWC was BAD? And that the matches arent GOOD?

I mean thats an opinon but it came across as elitest....shoemaker does that a lot (although, rosenbergs OVERSHILLING OF THE WOMANS DIVISION IS JUST AS BAD)

If both show up on my iPad im choosing cheap heat first because of entertainment value

And the LAW wrestling stuff with pollock, wai ting, and Bauer shyts on both and it's not even close

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

I agree on the entertaining front but I get annoyed when Greg has to basically review Raw himself because Rosenberg hasn't even checked out the YouTube clips yet.

Also I swear all of podcasts over praise the Women's division though, in fact I heard a few guys complain about Enzo and Jericho coming out rather than saving the segment.

And the LAW wrestling stuff with pollock, wai ting, and Bauer shyts on both and it's not even close

Do you listen to any of WrestleZone's audio and MLW too or just LAW?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I agree on the entertaining front but I get annoyed when Greg has to basically review Raw himself because Rosenberg hasn't even checked out the YouTube clips yet.

Also I swear all of podcasts over praise the Women's division though, in fact I heard a few guys complain about Enzo and Jericho coming out rather than saving the segment.
Youre 100% right on that...Its like yo, if theyre over theyre over, if theyre not theyre not...at this point it AINT sexism. Do you want us to sympathy praise Becky Lynch? Do something compelling and we'll pop, like we do with sasha...or be a good heel and we'll boo like Charlotte or Maryse. We arent going to just over pop because we are supposed to cheer equally :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rosenberg is definitely on that Mick Foley/Bret Hart creep on the women tip. It's cringeworthy when he talks about his relationship with Nikki.

I kinda feel like they're Mike and the Mad Dog where neither is nearly as good without each other. Rosenberg is incredibly pompous, which is part of his persona but particularly shines through without earnest everyman Shoemaker to reign him in. Shoemaker is incredibly passionate but without Rosenberg's unabashed markiness he's veering towards cynical. Bill Simmons douchey self professed creative genius personality seems to be rubbing off on him as well. Lately I've just been reading the guests and the descriptions before making a decision as neither one is must listen.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Review-a-Raw and Review-A-Wai with the GOAT Wai Ting and eminent combat sports nerd John Pollock are the best wrestling podcasts and it's not even close imo

Review-a-Raw is just a good breakdown show, but Review-a-Wai where they review old wrestling shows / documentaries / etc and detour into all manner of random fukkery is my go-to podcast archive whenever I need something to listen to. Top notch bants between these two. Wai Ting kills me with the way he no-sells Pollock's jokes when they get too CACish

Review-A-Wai – Shinsuke Nakamura Career Retrospective | Fight Network
Review-A-Wai – WCW Monday Nitro (Scott Hall & Kevin Nash Debut) | Fight Network
REVIEW-A-WAI ARCHIVE | Live Audio Wrestling

Shoemaker and Rosenberg :scusthov:

Daps
I stopped listening when he left. Greg is dope but he's not enough to stop Rosenberg from being annoying. Might check out Shoe new podcast.

Solomonster forever #1 though. I used to fukk with Don Tony & Kevin Castle too but Don Tony too fukking annoying with his retarded ass voices.
These two fukks are my guilty pleasure. They come off as out of touch beer drinkin racist cacs but they get my attention sometimes when their raw review pops up

Dont sleep on Dalyxman, Straight Shoot, but my favorite right now is
JDFromNY (youtube) his new york accent mixed with rage cracks me up

I cant really take Joe Cronin, all those donations messing up the flow of a Raw review sux ass

Cheap Heat is also a fav

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Actually both podcasts have been kinda good on their own so far.

Theres a ton of podcasts I get into now. Cheap Heat was the one that got me back into wrestling full time though

I listen to the LAW network Review-a-Wai, Pollack and Bauer, some of the MLW network stuff, Solomonster, Cageside Seats with Sean and Geno can be fun, Don Tony only on occassion his shyt is getting played, of course all the Observer joints when I can get a free bootleg like Bryan and Vinny and Meltzer and Bryan and of course Masked Man and Cheap Heat. Straight Shoot is dope from time to time too