TV LEGEND CHARLIE ROSE IS NEXT ON THE SUMMER JAM SCREEN; 8 WOMEN COME FORWARD

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
SOOOO. Ron Burgandy was basically a true depiction of new anchors?

I bet damn near all of them where on some

Im-kind-of-a-big-deal.gif

And going ham.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Given those creepy ass clips on CBS' morning show, this is no surprise at all.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
When did allegations become proof? :mindblown: Do you fools not see how dangerous this is?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Bro. Charlie apologized already. What more proof do you need?

Well, bro, I'm speaking in general. People are getting fired and suspended based upon allegations before they even have the opportunity to defend themselves. A woman, or women, come forward with stories of alleged harassment/assault from years, even decades ago, and people condemn the accused based off of those reports. Sometimes, not even well researched articles, just a woman posting something on Twitter. If you're too frightened to admit this is a dangerous trend because someone might call you a rape apologist on the internet, that's on you. But maybe you'll understand when you or someone you know is fired and their reputation tarnished based upon allegations.

Daps
Well, bro, I'm speaking in general. People are getting fired and suspended based upon allegations before they even have the opportunity to defend themselves. A woman, or women, come forward with stories of alleged harassment/assault from years, even decades ago, and people condemn the accused based off of those reports. Sometimes, not even well researched articles, just a woman posting something on Twitter. If you're too frightened to admit this is a dangerous trend because someone might call you a rape apologist on the internet, that's on you. But maybe you'll understand when you or someone you know is fired and their reputation tarnished based upon allegations.

In theory I agree with you, and I find the narrative hella convenient that out of all the thousands and thousands of convos being had about this topic, the idea of women harrassing or assaulting men never gets brought up..........but if these dudes start apologizing and copping pleas the moment they get accused, you cant really get mad at the process. Its no longer an allegation if you're admitting that there is some fire when your accusers yell smoke.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Recruiting young vulnerable women, who are in a position of subservience to you, and then exposing yourself to them, or luring them to your bedroom, or bathroom, whatever, is not "just making a move", in that context. That's what needs to change, for hundreds of years this kind of conduct has been excused and thought of as normal, from guys like Rose, to friends of mine, sadly enough.

Mutual attraction leads to intimacy and sex, this is not that.

When you have to get a woman drunk, isolate her, and attempt to kiss her/grope her, you are already wrong. When she starts CRYING, and isn't drunk, or even if she is, that's WRONG. Sex is mutual. The fact this guy targeted women who were A) not close to being peers, and B) in his pocket financially, says everything. It's abuse of power, and exploitation.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Many of these people aren't getting fired because of the allegations. They are actually talking to the accused and the accuser.

I hope you don't really think HR departments are logging onto twitter, copy and pasting tweets, and terminating contracts without legal counsel.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
In theory I agree with you, and I find the narrative hella convenient that out of all the thousands and thousands of convos being had about this topic, the idea of women harrassing or assaulting men never gets brought up..........but if these dudes start apologizing and copping pleas the moment they get accused, you cant really get mad at the process. Its no longer an allegation if you're admitting that there is some fire when your accusers yell smoke.

Well, here's the thing on apologies. If you did do these things and you felt they were consensual and the women didn't have an issue with what you did, do you take the defense on the road? Do you say; "Hey, these women LIKED this. They were okay with it!" Bear in mind you are being accused of sexual harassment/assault. So what people are going to hear is, "These women were okay with me using my power to exploit them for my own sexual pleasure!" Now these women may have been willing participants in his antics but given this climate how can he communicate that? So that leaves him with two options; lie and deny which is not good at all. If any shred of evidence pops up you're toast. Or, to save any reputation you have left you apologize for your actions even if you felt you did nothing wrong and the women never gave you the impression you were doing anything wrong.

Now, are all cases like this? Of course not. Mixed in with the light rubbing of a boob are some seriously sick and depraved accusations. However, you shouldn't take an apology as an admission from the accused that they knowingly, willingly and maliciously sexually abused women.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Many of these people aren't getting fired because of the allegations. They are actually talking to the accused and the accuser.

I hope you don't really think HR departments are logging onto twitter, copy and pasting tweets, and terminating contracts without legal counsel.

Well, the thing is I've seen people terminated for putting themselves in situations where certain allegations could be levied against them in the first place. You don't necessarily have to be guilty to be terminated. Bringing unwanted attention to your employer can be grounds for termination. Not saying that's the case here.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Well, the thing is I've seen people terminated for putting themselves in situations where certain allegations could be levied against them in the first place. You don't necessarily have to be guilty to be terminated. Bringing unwanted attention to your employer can be grounds for termination. Not saying that's the case here.
Right, I mean fb alone can get you terminated.

But in these situations specifically, legal counsel has been brought in (as is always the case) to finalize how the business should go about employment or termination.

The slippery slope is with the media bringing some of these allegations to light. As we're showing in the Al Franken thread, from the get go, any media source that did proper vetting would've smelled something fishy about that woman's story and her evidence. But everyone is so gung-ho about not wanting to look like they support sexual assault that they'll publish stories that were poorly investigated just to avoid public outcry.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Right, I mean fb alone can get you terminated.

But in these situations specifically, legal counsel has been brought in (as is always the case) to finalize how the business should go about employment or termination.

The slippery slope is with the media bringing some of these allegations to light. As we're showing in the Al Franken thread, from the get go, any media source that did proper vetting would've smelled something fishy about that woman's story and her evidence. But everyone is so gung-ho about not wanting to look like they support sexual assault that they'll publish stories that were poorly investigated just to avoid public outcry.

Also I think the potential of getting put on the SummerJam screen for inappropriate groping has slowed the spigot of males in Hollywood speaking out against the super predators in their industry. Every allegation is treated with the severity of rape so if you speak out against a guy like Weinstein who has hundreds of accusers and one of his peers leaks your three allegations of inappropriate groping your career is going to be over as well. The men have gotten pretty quiet compared to several weeks ago.