Twin girl, 19, stabbed to death after identical sisters were knifed outside Brooklyn bodega 'after rejecting attacker's advances

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
i think theres more of a correlation to the nightlife and clubs nearby closing or seeing fewer patrons.
I'm talking about 'neighborhood' bodegas, not near no clubs. Residential areas. I've seen them closing in Harlem and Bk, stores I've never seen closed at all, ever.

some were reported on but the culture ain't change.
The culture of the city has VERY MUCH changed.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This guy is pure scum, and should be tortured before death. Implying in anyway that what she did or didn't say contributed to her death, instead of the monster that stabbed her is idiocy.

However, sad as it is, it would make sense for women to spread the word to just give a working number to these guys (apparently there are apps that will create an alternate number to your own) and dip as soon as possible. Have a ready made excuse at all times - I have to go I'm supposed to watch my little cousin but I'll look for your call- and hopefully the idea that he got a real number will stop any prolonged harassment and worse. Women shouldn't have to do it, but too many of these loons out here ready to snap at rejection. I'd also have laws a lot harsher on harassment, stalking, domestic violence, etc. A lot of times these types have multiple incidents, and are walking around time bombs waiting to go off.

So after you give the dude a fake number, and then go to the same bodega and see him again, what do you do next?

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Turned himself in

NEW YORK - The man suspected of stabbing twin sisters over the weekend in Brooklyn has turned himself in to face charges, police say.

Police say 20-year-old Veo Kelly is now in custody at the 78th Precinct.

He is accused of stabbing the sisters early Sunday morning inside a deli in Park Slope after they refused his advances.

Police said 19-year-old Samyia Spain was killed in the attack and her twin sister was injured.

Sources told CBS New York the suspect had been at a party hall down the block before he encountered the sisters at Natural Plus deli on Fourth Avenue and St. Marks Place.

Police believe Kelly was intoxicated at the time and became aggressive with the twins, demanding their contact information, sources said.

Sources said part of the interaction was caught on video inside the bodega.

"She was a good person. She didn't deserve this," Spain's godmother told CBS New York earlier this week. "Her birthday is coming, too."

"She was in the community. She did have a lot of friends, and so forth. She was a happy-go-lucky girl, a normal teenager. I'm sad that this happened to her," neighbor Frances Angel said.

Police executed a search warrant at Kelly's home Wednesday and recovered clothing he wore on the day of the stabbing, sources said. However, the weapon used in the attack was not recovered.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
So after you give the dude a fake number, and then go to the same bodega and see him again, what do you do next?
There is no easy solution to this. Only a complete reverse in the mentalities of these men would do it, and I don't see that happening any time soon. Sometimes, just getting yourself out of a difficult situation is the best you can hope for. Also, there are a lot of bodegas in NYC, maybe avoid that one in the future.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
We don’t really have communities anymore. Just a bunch of random strangers with no ties to each other sharing a living space. We don’t value each other as well. Youth is being raised by social media, entertainers, and losers with access to cameras and the internet.

Age 8-18 for a male is critical for development.
Even worse are males that are angry, young, stupid and have access to alcohol.

As a father I would have so much rage if this happened to me.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
My mind would tell me there has to be more to this story, however these young cats act 1st and think later. No damn reason in the world for someone losing they life over not giving up digits.