"Until You Own Your Own, You Can't Be Free": Official 2017 Entrepreneurship Thread

ski

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for somebody getting out of school looking to start their own business would u recommend them getting a regular job first and getting some money of their own to fall back on.. or going straight for it and getting a bank loan:lupe:

This thread is about entrepreneurship.

But, on the flip side getting a job teaches you some things.

It teaches you how much you don't want to work for others, unless you get a cushy job with Great perks.

The hate you develop for "on the job b/s" will fuel your passion to keep your hustle successful and keep you from getting lazy.

Also you could borrow some ideas from your employer, depending on where you land.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
When I saw the alert that this thread got moved I was like "why :dahell: they moving this to get buried in HL? :snoop:"

But then I saw we got a whole forum dedicated to business and it made my day :wow: :blessed:

I think since we have an entire forum dedicated to the subject now, maybe this thread can serve as a place to share progress and be held accountable as we make moves throughout 2017. I'm just glad to see fellow brehs improving themselves financially. Every little step you take is setting further generations of your family up for success :salute:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Brehs, a year ago I decided to write a book and try to sell it online. It's been ok so far. Marketing is NOT easy though. I'm gonna keep pushing. Let me know if you have any questions.

I said if I ever decided to self-publish, I'd get together with other indie authors in the area and open a mobile pop-up shop for our books

1e6f36073ef1113440059fc32cecc598.jpg

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Anybody doing reselling on ebay can give me any tips?

I did it for a long time. Figure out the liquidation market. There is good money there. Large companies like Amazon and Groupon will get returns that they cannot or won't resell or Amazon FBA has sellers who have items that aren't selling quick enough, so they tell Amazon to get rid of it to avoid paying storage costs. Buy those up and resell. You'll get some broken items, but there is a lot of meat on the bone for other items.

Those companies sell truckloads to third party companies, which you can buy from.

Last edited:

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
I did it for a long time. Figure out the liquidation market. There is good money there. Large companies like Amazon and Groupon will get returns that they cannot or won't resell or they Amazon FBA has sellers who have items that aren't selling quick enough, so they tell Amazon to get rid of it to avoid paying storage costs. Buy those up and resell. You'll get some broken items, but there is a lot of meat on the bone for other items.

Those companies sell truckloads to third party companies, which you can buy from.

I've been looking into that. Liquidation.com I've signed up a few days ago. I got 200$ to mess around with but still haven't done nothing with it. Most of those lots have a few good items then the rest look like junk.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I've been looking into that. Liquidation.com I've signed up a few days ago. I got 200$ to mess around with but still haven't done nothing with it. Most of those lots have a few good items then the rest look like junk.

Client Marketplaces

Genco Marketplace

This is what I did before. I had a couple thousand sq ft warehouse and would get truckloads to resell. I used these 2 resources. When I was first starting out, I bought a lot of 1900 returned books via Bstock for $150 (plus freight, so around $3/400) and made about $1,000. Told this story before on here. Wife hated me. Filled our garage with books and hustled them out for a nice profit. It was a nightmare, but a learning experience.

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
Client Marketplaces

Genco Marketplace

This is what I did before. I had a couple thousand sq ft warehouse and would get truckloads to resell. I used these 2 resources. When I was first starting out, I bought a lot of 1900 returned books via Bstock for $150 (plus freight, so around $3/400) and made about $1,000. Told this story before on here. Wife hated me. Filled our garage with books and hustled them out for a nice profit. It was a nightmare, but a learning experience.
You still flipping?