Wale Talks Complex Beef on Hot 97 w/ Ebro & Rosenberg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm going to be honest. Wale hit his peak with that Seinfeld mixtape. After that, signing to MMG, he is just highly forgettable. He needs to find a way out of that box. His album should have been on that list, but it's hard to remember the dude! LOL shyt, if he didn't make any noise and I saw the list I would have never said, "Where is Wale's album?"

I think that's another thing...he doesn't stick out which isn't a knock on his skill at all but he's like that guy who plays on an NBA team who has good stats but just doesn't do that ONE thing great to make him stick out amongst his peers

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As an artist you should be passionate aka emotional about your craft..everyone is different.

exactly i still get passionate when nikkas downplay my favorite rappers contributions to music:damn:....i couldn't imagine being the artist themselves:heh:...he should realize his music maybe aint connecting with the people like he think,he should have stans to do his legwork and defending him:mjpls:...all the Wale stans i see are normally polite and humble like :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
exactly i still get passionate when nikkas downplay my favorite rappers contributions to music:damn:....i couldn't imagine being the artist themselves:heh:...he should realize his music maybe aint connecting with the people like he think,he should have stans to do his legwork and defending him:mjpls:...all the Wale stans i see are normally polite and humble like :manny:

it's about passion though and that passion he has in interviews has to come out in the music when he's conveying that emotion. I feel like that's a main reason Pac has an army that expands everyday because he always put that passion in his music and it was passion that seemed tangible so his fans are JUST as passionate as he was about what he did

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's about passion though and that passion he has in interviews has to come out in the music when he's conveying that emotion. I feel like that's a main reason Pac has an army that expands everyday because he always put that passion in his music and it was passion that seemed tangible so his fans are JUST as passionate as he was about what he did

I agree,people know im a Pac stan but I would never say everybody should go the Pac route musically. But Wale is one of the people I would say should. Not that I think he got the delivery or flow to be Pac but I think he would do much better musically if he was more in that Pac/Scarface lane. But instead he seems to want to be in that "lyrical" lane which is not his strong suit at all too me,he come off corny to me a lot of times when he tryna do the lyrical thing and flex his wordplay. When dude speak and rap at times he seem like he got a lot to say,not everybody translates that well when they are trying to be lyrical and do little "cute" vocal techniques. If he stuck with that straight real shyt and kept it raw I think hed be a better artist.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I agree,people know im a Pac stan but I would never say everybody should go the Pac route musically. But Wale is one of the people I would say should. Not that I think he got the delivery or flow to be Pac but I think he would do much better musically if he was more in that Pac/Scarface lane. But instead he seems to want to be in that "lyrical" lane which is not his strong suit at all too me,he come off corny to me a lot of times when he tryna do the lyrical thing and flex his wordplay. When dude speak and rap at times he seem like he got a lot to say,not everybody translates that well when they are trying to be lyrical and do little "cute" vocal techniques. If he stuck with that straight real shyt and kept it raw I think hed be a better artist.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_mxtuakO3Lf1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

missed-slam-dunk.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've fallen off as a Wale fan (more into the Paint A Picture and 100 Miles & Running stuff), but you know what? I totally feel dude.

There was really no reason to leave him off of that list, dude is talented and makes quality music and even if I don't feel it, I can recognize that. And so it's alright for him to get pissed when it seems almost intentional that he gets snubbed.

It's not like, "oh, don't get mad nikka, make something better," because he felt he DID do that.
who cares how he felt? the album was weak. it didn't deserve to be on any "best of" list.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
who cares how he felt? the album was weak. it didn't deserve to be on any "best of" list.

You can't even name 50 better albums this year. :heh:

And he can feel however he wants, the same you can feel he doesn't deserve to be on the list.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't even name 50 better albums this year. :heh:

And he can feel however he wants, the same you can feel he doesn't deserve to be on the list.

you're right! i can't name 50 better albums, which is a testament to how terrible rap has become, but that doesn't mean i'm going to suddenly say wale's album was good when it clearly wasn't.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
you're right! i can't name 50 better albums, which is a testament to how terrible rap has become, but that doesn't mean i'm going to suddenly say wale's album was good when it clearly wasn't.

The thing about it, is that Complex's list was not just hip hop... it was a comprehensive list of many genres of music.

Ranger21

Pro
Daps
the album was very week

the female emotions by males in hip hop is becoming disgusting

crying over a list made by a magazine you claim not to like or respect

good job wale