Want to change your career, get into Quality Assurance....

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm not a QA, i'm a Business Analyst...i have to do everything QA's do and my role...I am familiar with the tools and what QA's do, so I thought I'd share the info for anyone wanting to get a foot in the door and make a decent earning..

the IT world is filled with foreigners, especially Indians that master these tools on Youtube and Google and get paid 100k plus...they can barely speak english.

just sucks that many people think this shyt is too hard, it isn't, just requires focus and commitment.

How many years exp you have as a BA?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Hardest thing about this software shyt is dealing with QA leads, PM's and Developers...they all think they are the backbone of development...not realizing they all play a major role. too many egos to deal with during interviews, once you get in..smooth sailing because all my friends in QA field say they barely do any hard work lol
... I'm a developer. :flabbynsick:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
bro i am broke as fukk lol. but i continue to remind myself that brighter day is right around the corner...landing a BA job in 2016 is very tough because of Agile Scrum, developers created this method and it really doesn't have a BA role...so the interviews are getting tougher and Developers at times think I don't serve a purpose in development...lol, when they have shytty user stories that are refined and broken down..they realize oh shyt maybe having a business analyst with an analytical mindset wasn't so bad...

but i feel you on "barely enough money to eat"
Well, what kind of company do you work for?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You in the cert thread?
:francis:No. I need to get up on it though cause If I can afford the credit hour cost, im going back to teh community college to push the Cisco courses I been putting off for a couple years. The older I get, the more I realize serving coffee and having bullshyt schedules that grow or shrink for reasons outside of my control aint the wave.
Madukes worked too hard and its time to get these certs.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
How many years exp you have as a BA?
all together 6, on and off. sometimes I got tired of relocating so I drove uber and worked bullshyt jobs...

i'm on the market, got some offers but don't feel like going to Minnesota and shytty cold states. i'm aiming for VA, DC, Maryland, DE, NJ and NY

PaperEnterprise

Daps
Reppin
New York
:francis:No. I need to get up on it though cause If I can afford the credit hour cost, im going back to teh community college to push the Cisco courses I been putting off for a couple years. The older I get, the more I realize serving coffee and having bullshyt schedules that grow or shrink for reasons outside of my control aint the wave.
Bruh look into what I said...learn the core concepts, master the tools...learn to speak the language and get hired. it's all about dedication...it's free lol. if you ace your interview, you can save up from the job and get your certs or just move up in the company

PaperEnterprise

Daps
Reppin
New York
Well, what kind of company do you work for?
I've been doing contract work. just looking for a full time position or get into a government project and get secret clearance. shyt gets tiring having to decide if i wanna move to another state for 6 months...my friend got a job with department of defense, 3 year contract at 85 per hour as a Business Systems Analyst :sadbron::to::mjcry:

he kept telling me to learn more about QA roles but i wanted to stay under the radar and didn't expand my knowledge lol

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bruh look into what I said...learn the core concepts, master the tools...learn to speak the language and get hired. it's all about dedication...it's free lol. if you ace your interview, you can save up from the job and get your certs or just move up in the company
Breh, its the plan, hence why I was gonna rep.

The past 3 days ive been thinking about the help wanted sign in a local ihop for server and cook.
I felt like a bytch for being 28 and thinking that I was gonna have to pick that up as a second job:sadcam:

I self taught myself graphic design(photoshop and illustrator) and havent even put together a portfolio:francis:
Both of these are on my to-do while ive got nothing else going on.

PaperEnterprise

Daps
Reppin
New York
Breh, its the plan, hence why I was gonna rep.

The past 3 days ive been thinking about the help wanted sign in a local ihop for server and cook.
I felt like a bytch for being 28 and thinking that I was gonna have to pick that up as a second job:sadcam:

I self taught myself graphic design(photoshop and illustrator) and havent even put together a portfolio:francis:
Both of these are on my to-do while ive got nothing else going on.
you are still fairly young to make the transition. i'm 34 and work a part time gig at dunkin donuts...no shame in my game. i hate it with a passion, i know I have more to learn and fits my schedule perfectly.

when i tell you people are in the IT world without degrees, believe me they are...its a knowledge based industry...if you have the experience and technical skills, no hiring manager will turn you away. i take interviews but i am not able to speak java and selenium language so they pass up on me for guys that mastered both BA skillsets and QA skill sets...

all i say to you, take your time. spend couple of hours a day...write questions, seek answers...if you are lucky enough, find others that want to make a change and go full force.

Good luck

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Technology is a open wide field for black people to learn for cheap and master easily. Shame more brush aren't cert ed to the GILLS because this is a field that ain't going nowhere.

Tried to put some lazy as nikkas on the coli onto the cert game and the only one that listened fukked around and died.

R.I.P dboy. :mjcry:

the cert game aint what some make it out to be. you can't just get a cert and get a great paying job. in addition for jobs like the ones the OP is talking about. Analyst stuff. You need WORK experience. Especially BUsiness Analyst. you can learn all the programs you want. but you wont know how to apply that to real world stuff unless you're actually doing the job and someone makes constant requests for you to do analyst work.

But usually they are asking for 5 years exp, sometimes 3 for Bus Analyst. now granted a lot of times the actual job isnt even that difficult. and i tell people all the time. most of these office jobs aint that hard. its just a matter of you getting a shot at doing them to the point it becomes 2nd nature. once that happens is smooth sailing. very few office gigs are really difficult when we're talking about analyst work.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Stop bullshytting breh

Development Careers: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/deve...ation-and-careers-thread.116488/#post-4304754

Networking/Security/Server Careers - http://www.thecoli.com/threads/it-certs-and-careers-lets-discuss-it.9043/