Was there a big talent gap between Tom Brady and the QB's in his era?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Rodgers had a better arm than Brady, and Peyton was near his level at many things too. Brady had a better processor and better poise than them. But he was not significantly more talented than them either. Brees had a weaker arm but his pocket presence was as good and had slightly better touch. Favre was a better raw physical talent but Brady was still more talented in everything else beyond the physical part of the game.

But by this logic, Mahomes isn't significantly more talented than his peers either. Josh Allen is arguably more physically gifted. Herbert's arm is incredible. Lamar is also incredibly physically talented his speed and arm as well (too bad he didn't run in that playoff game...).

The success difference comes down to poise in clutch moments, processing, memory, pre-snap - all of which counts as talent as well - and team circumstance. But people downplay the processing and decision making and think that team circumstance is the only deciding factor

I agree totally, I’ll add, the coaching around you helps. Tom worked hard, had some decent defenses, and some things broke his way, it’s a shame when he got some offense it didn’t translate into rings (moss, can’t remember if he snatched one with gronk and Hernandez)

not remotely true at all. U act like he was lighting it up in the playoffs up until his neck injury. Dude was a regular season hero, thats all.

They’d call him a stat padder or Phillip rivers

And if we being honest his brother made a lot of hay off two incredible runs with shyt else behind it

• Dap
Reactions: No1

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This. So all those other failures, you can't even blame :beli:
This is a bullshyt stat. You Manning stans need to stop fighting these old battles. Peyton won two playoffs games in Denver when Brady’s teams were ravaged by injuries. The last game he literally couldn’t throw anymore. That was more on the defense than any defensive claim people try to make for Brady.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is a bullshyt stat. You Manning stans need to stop fighting these old battles. Peyton won two playoffs games in Denver when Brady’s teams were ravaged by injuries. The last game he literally couldn’t throw anymore. That was more on the defense than any defensive claim people try to make for Brady.
what are you talking about? I'm saying you can't blame :beli: for all of Peyton's playoff failures. He didn't get it done many times in the playoffs. Lamar with his failures has been better than Peyton timeline wise in their career so far. :dahell:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Brady was him. He had something internal that made him a winner. athleticism wise he wasn't anything special but he played his position to a T
His feet are magical within the pocket so athleticism did help but Brady is the greatest post snap QB I've ever seen. Pre snap will always be the Sheriff. Post snap, it's Brady. He always improved. I can rarely remember him regressing even if the improvements were just decent, he always improved. He doesn't have pin point accuracy but he always knows where to go with the ball and where not to go and that's critical.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Your post is confusing in response to his. I was trying to quote you both.

Yeah, Peyton don't get a pass for me.

Lamar is in the same boat as Peyton as crazy as it is. Incredible in the regular season, but has not gotten it done (yet) in the postseason.

Ironically they are both 2-4 in their first 6 playoffs games (4 seasons making it)

• Dap
Reactions: No1

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Achieving 10 Super Bowls with 7 victories transcends mere statistics; it's about intangibles beyond the field.

Brady's leadership and inspiration conceal team flaws, igniting a heightened level of play. This sentiment isn't fabricated; post-Super Bowl, Bucs players like Godwin, Winfield, Evans, White, Fournette all attested, saying "Brady made us better." Football involves a vast network from Monday to Saturday, extending beyond visible actions.

Dismissing Tebow comparisons, Brady has won more playoff games than Tebow even started. The success was not just the "Patriots way"; it was the "Brady way."
Manning did more with less. Peyton gets hurt. Colts go to last. Pats or Bucs didnt get that much worse losing Brady initially