Was there a big talent gap between Tom Brady and the QB's in his era?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Doublt talking. One minute, its Peyton is the OC, now its his fault for not reigning Manning in? Manning fans claim everyone who ever coached or played with him was only good because of him. Manning had meltdowns with all his HC's from Fulmer to Mora to Dungy to Caldwell to Fox.
Tony Dungy had a ring because of P Manning, not the other way around.

Then I just think there were better head coaches. Marvin Lewis is a better hc than Dungy imo. He just didn't have a real qb.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Between the ears...

Manning isn't overcoming no 25-point Super Bowl deficit. We know this because we saw him lose a Super Bowl by 35 🤣...

Manning wasn't a resilient player when things got going awry. An '02 Jets team that won just 9 games and got the doors beat off them the next round (20-point loss), beat Manning and the Colts by 6 fukking touchdowns in a Wild Card game. This is the earliest I remember people questioning what Manning was made of, and unfortunately it was a harbinger of things to come...

I hated dude when he played because I'm a Titan. I grew to appreciate him, but he definitely didn't have the same resiliency as Brady. 41-point Wild Card loss to a 9-win team?

Manning had the edge as the better player in the regular season but Brady separated big time in the playoffs...
The playoffs is more strategic. Beli helped him. Manning had no help from a coaching perspective

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I dont know the history?!?!, lmao!! You thoughr you dropped a gem or something?! 89 was Walshs team. The HOF must not think highly of that win, because Tom Flores is in and George is not..

The HOF is a joke anyway lol. How many years did they make Terrell Owens wait? When he's clearly the 2nd or 3rd best WR to ever play the game...

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Are you serious?

Why are you bringing up gronk and moss?

Those guys came later...

Do you understand how time works? Do you live in some singularity realm?

We were talking about situations QBs entered or were given at the start of their careers

Almost half the guys on that list came when he was damn near 30. And few of them are on offense.

If you're including guys like Jerod Mayo and Asante Samuel who are not HOFers... then you are proving our point that he didn't enter some amazing situation with player development.

if the Pats provided that for Brady, then why the fukk have they not done shyt without him? Why did they miss the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years? And miss the playoffs the 2 previous years before he got there?

Why the fukk is the Patriots coaching tree so unsuccessful without Tom?

Quit lying to yourself.

:yawn:

I brought them up in response to someone claiming that Brady was winning 12 games a year with people nobody remembers..... and that's definitely not true.

if that's what you're taking from this, it's still isn't what my point was.

It was that Brady had the perfect combination of multiple things (luck, skill, organization, the rest of the AFC East being trash, a complimenting defense, HOF players) that allowed him to become what he was. Not a single instance of one thing.

I'm not sure if you can read that well breh.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not remotely true at all. U act like he was lighting it up in the playoffs up until his neck injury. Dude was a regular season hero, thats all.

No he wasnt just a regular season dude stop he has lit it up in the playoffs too

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
not a football fan
but like all sports, the heart to win is what matters

and just like jordan and basketball... you cant completely rely on counter argument and defense bullshyt
because thats the defense Brady and Jordan had to practice against all year

Pippen gains his chops guarding Jordan, and Jordan gets better the more Pippen commits to playing defense day in and out against him

then it becomes a team thing and chemistry, what not. You cant blame a team for gelling

premier58

All Star
Daps
The thread asked about talent and there's way too much talk about team accomplishments.

I understand the mark a QB leaves on the game but W/L =/= his individual talent.
While this is true, I havent. I have cited the nuanced passing metrics that measure performance and performance, only.

premier58

All Star
Daps
The HOF is a joke anyway lol. How many years did they make Terrell Owens wait? When he's clearly the 2nd or 3rd best WR to ever play the game...
TO isnt the only great to wait, he just happens to play a glamour position. I bet you didnt care about Dermonti Dawson waiting to get in. I bet you couldnt care less about Randy Gradishar waiting to get in now. Its selective, histrionic outrage. Whether its fair or not, the 89 49ers are.considered to be Walshs team. Comparing it to Dungy and Gruden is senseless, because while Tony couldnt get it done, Walsh was the defending champion. It was not the same situation at all.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Tony Dungy had a ring because of P Manning, not the other way around.

Then I just think there were better head coaches. Marvin Lewis is a better hc than Dungy imo. He just didn't have a real qb.
This is a terrible opinion. Dungy was winning playoff games with Dilfer and King, Marvin Lewis had Carson Palmer, who pre injury was on the path to greatness and Andy Dalton(better than Trent and Shaun) and couldnt win a single playoff game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brady didn’t have a better situation than Aikman

:childplease:
Brady completed 37 passes for only 328 yds in that Seattle game...which demonstrates he took what the def gave and didn't try to be superman

So the defense really won the game basically? I will admit that Tom carved Seattle up on New Englands last scoring drive…. but with that being said, his pocket was hella clean for 4 to 5 seconds on that drive

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I'm going to say Manning is lucky Brady/Pats handled the Chargers that year he won the Super Bowl with the Colts.

Those Chargers teams destroyed Peyton's Colts. I think dude had a 1-5 record against them, including two play-off L's.

It's crazy because Brady/Pats were having a down year, but I just knew Chargers would screw it up somehow and the Pats would pull off the upset. I was far more nervous for that game and was pretty confident if they win that weekend, they win the whole thing that year.

If the Chargers beat the Pats, the pressure would've really been on Peyton to win a ring the season after.

Last edited: