What current artists do you see being revered as legends in the future?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
...outside of the obvious record-breaking artists like Kendrick, Drake, J.Cole, Nicki, and such.

I was listening to a little ASAP Mob over the weekend, which brought me back to the first time I saw the video for "Purple Swag". It also made me realize that "Deep Purple" wasn't even listed on ASAP Rocky's Wiki page.

I feel that Rocky will probably be viewed as a legend by the kids coming up under us in the future. As in, he'll be the one doing interviews about things that happened as he was coming up and the new old-heads will be defending him on their hologram implant chips like, "How old are you, breh? You never heard "Peso" or "Brand New Guy?" His romance, personal tragedy while in the spotlight, appearance in movies, and how he's delved deeply into the fashion world also plays a parts.

I'd also put Wiz Khalifa into that category. His come-up, movement, being a staple of a specific region, and music are all major factors but then you consider the wave he inspired (fashion-wise/lifestyle), how his romantic/home life has intertwined with hip-hop through having a child with Amber Rose (a child that we're going to watch grow up)...it's going to be interesting seeing Wiz slowly become an OG/elder statesman in the game.

Other nominations:

Chief Keef (the face of drill as Mac Dre's essentially become face of The Bay/hyphy movement; listen to that "Love Sosa" intro one more time though.)

Tyler, The Creator (and to a more understated extent, Earl Sweatshirt): The impact of their movement is obvious, of course, but with the names linked to them (Frank Ocean), their videos, their TV show, festival, and contributions to fashion (kids off all races out here in LA sport the pink donut heavy), I can see them becoming OG's and appearing in documentaries with lots of industry stories & wisdom to pass along.

Who would you guys say?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Keef for sure
Rocky and ASAP will be praised for their influence on fashion and for their dope videos
Maybe Migos or Future

no one else really comes to mind.. Drake?

It's kind of funny to look and see how they've all come up and been tied together. Drake's done a project with Future, toured with Rocky and will with Migos, and done a song with Keef affiliates.

Come to think of it, I'd actually put Rick Ross into the category too since the brand he created had a movement and exposed people to an artist like Meek on a larger scale....and Meek will definitely be one in his own right (as someone stated earlier). He's become synonymous with Philly.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Wayne,Jeezy,TI,Ludacris,Eminem,50 Cent,Ludacris,Nelly.

You forgot Gucci. :leon:

...Ross, Lupe, Cam'ron (though he was out for way longer, his run in the 2000's had cats rocking pink du-rags and tall tees to school dances).

I actually think The Game is hovering in OG status, especially in the west.

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
whn3p3umqsr

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Denzel Curry
XXXTentacion
YBN Cordae
Joey BadAss
Uzi

If we talking my generation

I think Rocky and Wiz are already considered legends by people my age (Curren$y as well)

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Wayne is 90s
Jeezy no
TI no
Luda - who?
Eminem is 90s
50 is 90s
Luda - who?
Nelly no

Nelly sold 18-19 mil his first two albums, number one hits and low key brought melody back in the game after Bone died out, he didn't make the best albums but his impact/success for 4 years was legendary.