What current artists do you see being revered as legends in the future?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Being that everything goes in cycles, eventually a generation will be born that appreciates gangsta shyt again, and nikkas during whatever time that is will look back at our current times like we was all suckas for not appreciating Schoolboy Q properly.

:takedat:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I really couldn’t compose a full list. 98% of these newer artists and the term “legend” or “future legend” does not correlate to me.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in this order

certified; drake, keef, weeknd, thug, future
maybes; cole, kendrick, tyler, migos, rocky

the reason for the maybes is because cole & kendrick have had little impact on the game for all the hype I can see them retrospectively being demoted. Migos will get the Ludacris treatment and Rocky's music catalog isn't that impactful...there's cats that are 18 now and still probably too young to remember Rockys intial impact, and lets be honest that was mostly aesthetic.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Why we naming obvious names in this thread, I thought we talking about this NEW generation

The names that you may consider obvious have enough room for debate, but you have a fair point. I played it kind of safe in the OP. :ld:

When I was initially making this thread, there were a few new "new" artists that I thought about including. One was XXXtentacion, mostly because of the lore with the No Jumper interview, his aesthetic, the fact that he died so young and in tragic fashion while leaving such a limited body of work, and the fact that he has music that could come out posthumously. It wouldn't be surprising at all to see his story grow into a legend.

The other one that I'm a little less sure about is 6ix9ine, but he's got such a distinct image, vast home base, legal controversy, and unconventional style, which could definitely help him when creating a movement. I've said it before, but he's definitely the Conor McGregor of the rap game right now and I wasn't really sure how far he could go before "Fefe", but I could also see ears getting burned out by his sound.

The dark horse I've thought of, after doing some reading up, was Tay-K 47. I'm way late getting hip to him because I'd SEEN "The Race" floating around, but had never taken the time to really look into it.

His story is already :damn: :mindblown: :demonic: :what: and he's only 18.

If he EVER, through some miracle in his favor, ends up outside of bars, gets with the right people, and turns his shyt around...he's got a hell of a story to tell.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
giphy.gif

giphy.gif