What current artists do you see being revered as legends in the future?

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
The names that you may consider obvious have enough room for debate, but you have a fair point. I played it kind of safe in the OP. :ld:

When I was initially making this thread, there were a few new "new" artists that I thought about including. One was XXXtentacion, mostly because of the lore with the No Jumper interview, his aesthetic, the fact that he died so young and in tragic fashion while leaving such a limited body of work, and the fact that he has music that could come out posthumously. It wouldn't be surprising at all to see his story grow into a legend.

The other one that I'm a little less sure about is 6ix9ine, but he's got such a distinct image, vast home base, legal controversy, and unconventional style, which could definitely help him when creating a movement. I've said it before, but he's definitely the Conor McGregor of the rap game right now and I wasn't really sure how far he could go before "Fefe", but I could also see ears getting burned out by his sound.

The dark horse I've thought of, after doing some reading up, was Tay-K 47. I'm way late getting hip to him because I'd SEEN "The Race" floating around, but had never taken the time to really look into it.

His story is already :damn: :mindblown: :demonic: :what: and he's only 18.

If he EVER, through some miracle in his favor, ends up outside of bars, gets with the right people, and turns his shyt around...he's got a hell of a story to tell.
I honestly see YBN Cordae, Denzel Curry and Joey becoming legends .. I feel like lyricism coming back

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I honestly see YBN Cordae, Denzel Curry and Joey becoming legends .. I feel like lyricism coming back

Joey seems like a definite possibility, even if it's on a lesser scale. He just needs more "moments", so to speak. I can't speak on Denzel Curry because I haven't looked into him, though I do want to check out his most recent project, but I've come across more than a few students that were into his music.

As far as YBN goes, the only ones I know of is Nahmir because of "Rubbin' Off The Paint" and Almighty Jay because I've seen his name in passing, but time will tell. Why Cordae though? Is he the face of the group or does his sound apart like that? I'll check out some vids after work.

...and yeah, I don't know if it's so much that lyricism is coming back as it is that people are re-settling into the understanding that there's always been a balance. This "punk wave" seems like it was so overwhelming from an image standpoint that people willingly overlooked rappers that are/were really nice with the pen.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Joey seems like a definite possibility, even if it's on a lesser scale. He just needs more "moments", so to speak. I can't speak on Denzel Curry because I haven't looked into him, though I do want to check out his most recent project, but I've come across more than a few students that were into his music.

As far as YBN goes, the only ones I know of is Nahmir because of "Rubbin' Off The Paint" and Almighty Jay because I've seen his name in passing, but time will tell. Why Cordae though? Is he the face of the group or does his sound apart like that? I'll check out some vids after work.

...and yeah, I don't know if it's so much that lyricism is coming back as it is that people are re-settling into the understanding that there's always been a balance. This "punk wave" seems like it was so overwhelming from an image standpoint that people willingly overlooked rappers that are/were really nice with the pen.
Cordae is the lyricist of the group

Golden Child

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Rocky, Kendrick, Keef, Cole & Drake already legends, but besides them...

Childish Gambino
Tyler, the Creator
Earl Sweatshirt
Joey Badass
XXX
The Weeknd
Frank Ocean

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I honestly dope think this generation of ADD ridden kids will have enough attention span and patience to create their Own Legends.

They're gonna gonna be steady lookin for that new shyt..that new artist with 2 1/2 minute songs lol