What do you think Hip-Hop would be like if Tupac and Biggie did their time in the game?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Still be around as 90s vets and maybe have hit or miss albums or acting gigs.

As big as they were when they were alive I feel like Snoop was bigger than both of them so I dont even know if they were top dogs per say.
You had other people bigger (Meth/Wu, Fugees, Cube, Snoop, LL, Nas, Bone) in the same time, so I dont know if they would be these dudes the culture revolved around like some say even though thwy were big.

THIS.

I hate how people have made big & pac into super-heroes after their deaths.

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
Still be around as 90s vets and maybe have hit or miss albums or acting gigs.

As big as they were when they were alive I feel like Snoop was bigger than both of them so I dont even know if they were top dogs per say.
You had other people bigger (Meth/Wu, Fugees, Cube, Snoop, LL, Nas, Bone) in the same time, so I dont know if they would be these dudes the culture revolved around like some say even though thwy were big.

They were before my time so I wouldn't know like that:yeshrug:
I'd never have thought Nas and the Fugees were bigger:ohhh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

nas was neck-n-neck with biggie on the east coast.

fugees in terms of mainstream/commercial/crossover success were the biggest act at the time. basically what Kanye & drake are now but bigger. they were droppin rap/r&b/reggae/pop hits like nothin.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
they would've fell off by the end of the '90s breh.

rap was different back then.
:flobbe: Pac died in 96, wasn't even close to his peak yet with mountains of music in the vault and a viable movie career in front of him. You do say some wacky ass shyt :HHHScust:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:flobbe: Pac died in 96, wasn't even close to his peak yet with mountains of music in the vault and a viable movie career in front of him. You do say some wacky ass shyt :HHHScust:

you sound like youre no older than 20. I'm glad my posts seem "wacky ass shyt" to you. cuz if they didn't, I would be doing something wrong.

lets be honest, most of his music released from the vault was nothing to write home bout.

pac was 7 discs deep, and had just as much unreleased stuff. he probably had 1 more memorable album run left in him tops.

viable movie career? OF COURSE. but what does that have to do with rap?

Here's a great topic which outlines what Big had planned for the future. Him falling off was highly unlikely. It's a great read:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/life-after-life-after-death-what-biggie-had-planned-for-the-future.199987/

every rapper has outlined plans for the future.

biggie would've been an interesting watch tho. starting with how he would've bounced back after LAD got chitted on, which is what would've happened had he lived.

'97-99 would've been a free-for-all on the east coast.:wow:

Last edited:

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Pac would've got his ass beat badly and lowkey it would happen on the West Coast. His fall from grace would be similar to Suge Knights or Damien Dash. He's saved by becoming a B-list actor and narrates his own Unsung.

Notorious, if he hadn't got in shape is kicking the bucket; Besides that I think he'd end up becoming a producer, he's the one who has the tell all about Mr.Cee being gay on VladTV.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

It was written was like number 1 on the charts for like a month and went double to close to triple plat

Fugees sold 17 mil worldwide and was considered the highest selling rap album worldwide for a minute.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
They would have fallen off like everybody else that was hot at the time, and they wouldn't be remembered nearly as fondly as they are currently. Like @Wacky D said, them dying made them much bigger than they actually were. If they were still alive they would be in the same position as other popular 90s acts, not that much would have changed.

And let's be real if BIG hadn't died LAD would have gotten a lot of criticism and out right hate for the pop direction it took, especially knowing Puff would have had BIG dancing in shiny suits like a clown.

Therht

Pro
Daps
I agree with what people are saying re Big and Pac being turned into superheroes etc, very real

But here's genuinely what I think are the most important factors post deaths

Jay Z, Ja Rule & DMX

These three artists did the best post killings no doubt

I remember at the time thinking who these three cats think they are begging for the wave (Jay Z for Big, Ja and X for Pac)

Had these three artists not got that shine the game might a been different

Ja was crucial in the Hip Hop RnB cross over that started percolating in the early 2000s, the repercussions of this music was immense

Rocafella might not have popped the way it did... What might that have meant for Dipset, for instance? Add to that Cam was initially supposed to sign with Big. Just saying.

What would The Lox situation been like at Badboy had Big not gone?

Without the Dips and D Block doing what they did in the 2000s, might the game have been very different?

It's fascinating for sure

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They obviously had a huge impact on the genre and were big artists at the time.What kind of direction do you think rap would've taken if they didn't die? Who might not have started popping like they did?

This would only affect Jay-Z*. And we'd have some GOAT stories about Pac and other rappers bumping heads

Biggie would be an old forgotten relic..... and Pac would be in Hollywood or exiled in Cuba

I could see Big vs Pun type situation brewing too.....

Drake would still run sh!t ...Eminem still would've dropped but without that Tupac album

*Actually Kanyes success was contingent on Rocafella and Lupe/Cudi/Sean/Drakes on his....Would Beyonce be with Biggie instead ? Would Fabolous survive assaults from Biggie about Bethas flow ? Would Yeezys exist ? Would Amber Rose still be turning tricks in Philly?Would Pac greenlight interviews with Kendrick ? Would we have the classic quotables from Tru Life ? What about Max-B ? What about the big forehead Bajan bad gyal ? Would Chris Brown stay squeaky clean like Usher ? "

:wow:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Pac would prob leave rap alone and be doing movies.

We'd see a major beef on wax with nas teaming with rae and ghostface to go at biggie and jay z.