What is the line between romance & simping?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE buying girls flowers (red roses on first dates, petunias to her job after we've been dating for a while, white roses for special occasions i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, new job, etc.) I like buying girls gifts (not too expensive as I'm just an 18 year old college student, but I'll spend as much on a girl as my budget will allow me) I open doors, take care of her when she's sick, won't let her spend a dime when she's with me, writing her poetry, take her to nice restaurants, buy her parents gifts, and I do it all without even wanting sex, because I like the natural bubbly energy of a happy female. I'm a Christian anyway, I don't have sex before marriage.

I think I just like romance, but some people may think I'm doing entirely too much:patrice:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
when your "feelings" aren't being reciprocated and when you give up your self-integrity attempting to court that person.

nothing wrong with buying your long-term girlfriend stuff especially if her happiness makes you happy.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
You got alot to learn but your a good kid.

Women will take advantage of you. A girls gotta like you for who you are, not for your gifts.

I get the impression you've had numerous short term relationships

Im a Christian too but its very difficult to find a women that doesnt want sex til marriage. Some of these girls are probably taking the gifts from you while your sharing them with other kids.

Be careful, and if you can find "the one" with your strategy more power to you. I wanted to be like that when I was younger but I guess I gave up. However ive always just wanted one woman, wifey. No side chicks or jumpoffs. Im 30, I think I finally found her

TL15

Veteran
Daps
If you are 18 and you are buying your girlfriend's parents gifts then something is kinda off :patrice:

A simp is someone who immediately thinks that opening the wallet is going to get them affection. They immediately resort to buying, spending, in most situations. The type of person who is going to buy random girls at the bar drinks and use that as an "opener". OR a simp can be someone who is incredibly broke and thinks that if they do for a girl that they are entitled affection or attention. There are plenty of broke simps who carry backpacks, open doors, hold spots in line, etc. and the girl is just using them for whatever they will do

The main difference between being a simp and being romantic is if she is feeling you or not, and if you are doing the actions (or spending the money) in order to "get her" to like you. :yeshrug:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE buying girls flowers (red roses on first dates, petunias to her job after we've been dating for a while, white roses for special occasions i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, new job, etc.) I like buying girls gifts (not too expensive as I'm just an 18 year old college student, but I'll spend as much on a girl as my budget will allow me) I open doors, take care of her when she's sick, won't let her spend a dime when she's with me, writing her poetry, take her to nice restaurants, buy her parents gifts, and I do it all without even wanting sex, because I like the natural bubbly energy of a happy female. I'm a Christian anyway, I don't have sex before marriage.

I think I just like romance, but some people may think I'm doing entirely too much:patrice:

Ain't a damn thing wrong wit none of that shyt breh :martin: dont listen to these clowns.. I do all that.

Just like @42 Monks said long as you respect yourself and the bytch shows respect wine amd dine all you want

thewarrior05

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yo just be smart about how you treat women also watch the women a min before you ask them out on a date............... lowkey half the dudes that claim there hoh are soft and even the hardest dudes have been broken down by women... So just do what you think is logical and go with the flow

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Do you like the feeling of giving or do you like the feeling of appreciation after giving?

Because shyt.... you might be better off just heading down to a Boys and Girls Club and showing them that kind of love.

What you're describing isn't remotely close to romance. There isn't a single mention of the returned energy that goes hand in hand with any mutually expressed love, friendship, bond, etc.

Its inherently selfish as fukk to be quite honest. :jbhmm:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
It doesn't matter my nikka, even if the girl interested in you, nobody points out even that can be temporary, shyt she might feel you for a week then change up or act like she is and use you. You not a simp tho, there's nothing wrong with what you do cause you not hurting yourself in any particular way and I'm assuming you talk to different women so just go with the flow until someone jumps in your raft to help you row

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
If you are 18 and you are buying your girlfriend's parents gifts then something is kinda off :patrice:

A simp is someone who immediately thinks that opening the wallet is going to get them affection. They immediately resort to buying, spending, in most situations. The type of person who is going to buy random girls at the bar drinks and use that as an "opener". OR a simp can be someone who is incredibly broke and thinks that if they do for a girl that they are entitled affection or attention. There are plenty of broke simps who carry backpacks, open doors, hold spots in line, etc. and the girl is just using them for whatever they will do

The main difference between being a simp and being romantic is if she is feeling you or not, and if you are doing the actions (or spending the money) in order to "get her" to like you. :yeshrug:
By this definition then I'm not a simp

I buy roses and go to nice restaurants on first dates, but when she shows that she's REALLY interested in me is when I start going all out

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Only simp someone worth it and who will appreciate and simp u bike dnt let your heart cloud your judgment. Also note some things are strictly for higher levels of relationships, dnt take a girl U just met on a dinner date, no jewelry etc.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Ain't a damn thing wrong wit none of that shyt breh :martin: dont listen to these clowns.. I do all that.

Just like @42 Monks said long as you respect yourself and the bytch shows respect wine amd dine all you want
:whoa:

I wish the young breh nothing but the best if he's just looking for a co-sign and an echo chamber to validate his perceptions while headed down the dark path I'm not the one.
By this definition then I'm not a simp

I buy roses and go to nice restaurants on first dates, but when she shows that she's REALLY interested in me is when I start going all out
All out with what? :dahell: What's the stages of progression here - you buy her all these things then buy her more things when she gives you a kiss on the cheek and says you're special?

I'm thinking you may skimming through the book here versus understanding the material :leostare:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA

In other words...u sound like one of the girls.....:wrist: :mjlol: