What is the line between romance & simping?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I know a girl who likes to drink wine. She wanted to be a "Wino" as she called it so I booked a tour of a vinery or whatever the fukk from this one dude I know who had links to that shyt, as a surprise, we made some Wine after crushing the grapes with our feet and drank it over a Steak Dinner between her crying about how much she appreciated it and our getting smashed on the shyt 'cause we made enough for like 5 bottles. She appreciated the gesture, because it came from the heart (romance) and my intentions were supported ONCE they were found out and we had a good time.

I once took a girl I was fukking to a Damien Marley concert like within hours of hearing the shyt 'cause it wasn't TOO far away (We were in Orlando) and he was playing a venue with his Bro (Stephen Marley) and that sealed the deal for me 'cause they get along good together (They had just released the song,
) and decided to take this chick along since I know she liked Jr Gong.
Upon telling her, she told me that she had plans on kicking it with a friend of hers who was in town, but didn't want to leave her alone. So I ended up having to pay for THREE tickets despite the fact that this bytch (her friend) was steady bragging about having bread from her modelling (She looked good, a bit too short, but I could see it). Now while I was trying to get my girl to go with me to a venue I know we would have enjoyed, I decided to pay for her friend, who could afford it, room and board for the night (I ended up getting kicked out of bed :skip:) and kept spending money on a woman who, while not showing outright disdain for what I was doing, had no problem in letting me toss money at a situation that benefited her for the time being as opposed to trying her best to engage in an activity with her man, as a couple, like we should have.

In both stories, my actions were had with good intentions, but as you can clearly see, in the second one I'm not respecting myself enough and my actions are merely movements to keep in the good graces of the woman I'm with or trying to get with.

The line is respect.:ufdup: If you got to embarrass yourself, try too hard or go above and beyond (even if it's your choice to do so) just to be acknowledged by the person for the time being, you simping in my opinion. Feelings are normally reciprocated and facilitated in romantic gestures, simping is merely appreciated and condoned as long as the benefits flow.:shaq2:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
By this definition then I'm not a simp

I buy roses and go to nice restaurants on first dates, but when she shows that she's REALLY interested in me is when I start going all out
Based on your first post, you definitely are one.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
:whoa:

I wish the young breh nothing but the best if he's just looking for a co-sign and an echo chamber to validate his perceptions while headed down the dark path I'm not the one.

All out with what? :dahell: What's the stages of progression here - you buy her all these things then buy her more things when she gives you a kiss on the cheek and says you're special?

I'm thinking you may skimming through the book here versus understanding the material :leostare:

It ain't trickin if you got it and it ain't simpin if you dont give a fukk :lawd:

Clive42

All Star
Daps
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE buying girls flowers (red roses on first dates, petunias to her job after we've been dating for a while, white roses for special occasions i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, new job, etc.) I like buying girls gifts (not too expensive as I'm just an 18 year old college student, but I'll spend as much on a girl as my budget will allow me) I open doors, take care of her when she's sick, won't let her spend a dime when she's with me, writing her poetry, take her to nice restaurants, buy her parents gifts, and I do it all without even wanting sex, because I like the natural bubbly energy of a happy female. I'm a Christian anyway, I don't have sex before marriage.

I think I just like romance, but some people may think I'm doing entirely too much:patrice:

It does sound like you're doing too much, however if shes very appreciative of all that, you dont feel used and you're comfortable doing all that for her out of natural 'caring' tendencies then there shouldnt be a problem.

But it does sound like caring too much these days does push your partner away. Plus, if you're always paying for her share of things then what do you think is gonna happen if one time, you're unable to do that for her?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:whoa:

I wish the young breh nothing but the best if he's just looking for a co-sign and an echo chamber to validate his perceptions while headed down the dark path I'm not the one.

All out with what? :dahell: What's the stages of progression here - you buy her all these things then buy her more things when she gives you a kiss on the cheek and says you're special?

I'm thinking you may skimming through the book here versus understanding the material :leostare:
No, I start off with a nice dinner & flowers, then I do everything else in the OP once we're firmly entrenched as boyfriend/girlfriend

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
No, I start off with a nice dinner & flowers, then I do everything else in the OP once we're firmly entrenched as boyfriend/girlfriend
And what's her contribution other than giving you bubbly energy?:patrice:

Because you can get that without spending shyt. Hell, paying for anything like genuine connections - what you're describing - should have you questioning its authenticity.

You're sounding like you're looking to buy a relationship. That's not how this works.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Man I hope to God you're trolling.

Poems? Buying gifts for parents? Cringe:scust:

You doing entirely too much, especially with some 18 year old tings.

You're in college and you're tryna be Romeo. Truth is these college hoes are letting any and everybody pipe. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Simple Netflix and chill is all you really need. Even if you got a car, take these bytches McDonald's drive thru and you can secure some head

Remember breh: at this age, that's not your girl it's just your turn

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE buying girls flowers (red roses on first dates, petunias to her job after we've been dating for a while, white roses for special occasions i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, new job, etc.) I like buying girls gifts (not too expensive as I'm just an 18 year old college student, but I'll spend as much on a girl as my budget will allow me) I open doors, take care of her when she's sick, won't let her spend a dime when she's with me, writing her poetry, take her to nice restaurants, buy her parents gifts, and I do it all without even wanting sex, because I like the natural bubbly energy of a happy female. I'm a Christian anyway, I don't have sex before marriage.

I think I just like romance, but some people may think I'm doing entirely too much:patrice:
According to my dad, women should keep their legs closed and men should keep their wallets closed until u can be sure of someone. Courtship is also a two-way street. Having a generous heart isn't a problem, just make sure ur being generous with the right people. She should maybe take u out or plan something nice for u too.
Also remember love isn't transactional. U shouldn't be exchanging money for affection. They should actually wanna spend time with u whether u got it or not. I've encountered dudes and chicks too who try to buy people and it don't work like that.

BroolStories

All Star
Daps

You doin all this

Meanwhile the super attractive dude is smashing her by just sending "come over" texts at 2am. Lmao, you a clown brody.