What's up with this "Flat Earth" nonsense gaining so much popularity?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Jack Trippa 3z company ho said:
Bottom line, flat earthers believe this was created by someone, not a random occurrence. That’s it.

Bottom-line, your assertion doesn't apply to the vast majority of those who believe the Earth is flat.

That's my argument.​

Last edited:
Daps
Bottom-line, your assertion doesn't apply to the vast majority of those who believe the Earth is flat.

That's my argument.​

You’re uninformed, completely. They believe we are living in a construct of some sort. The heliocentric model is godless, evolution, random chaos. That is the model accepted by modern day science. Godless, random, evolution.

The geocentric model proves a creator. Waters were separated, a firmament built, an ice wall holding in the seas, the stars fixed and attached to a rotation, the sun and the moon rotating around us, etc. Anyone who has seriously investigated the subject agrees that something created this, no random chance, no chaos.

There may be some random person with very cursory research that hasn’t reached that conclusion yet, but it is universally accepted by those who have spent 100’s+ hours researching the subject.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Most religious people aren't flat Earthers, but most flat Earthers are religious. They tend to be biblical literalists.

Flat Earth: Perhaps one of the best-known conspiracy theories is that the earth is flat. Now, the believers have their own community built around YouTube videos. Here's what Alex Olshansky, a grad student at Texas Tech, and cognitive psychologist Asheley R. Landrum found when they interviewed attendees at the first Flat Earth conference:

• Most (but not all) attendees were white and male.
  • Most (but not all) attendees were biblical literalists, and believed in a young-Earth creation story.
  • Although many were deeply religious, they distrusted organized religion.
  • Many were first introduced to the Flat Earth theory via YouTube, where they initially watched 9/11 conspiracy videos. The YouTube autoplay function eventually lead them to the Flat Earth videos.
  • They like try do-it-yourself science, and encourage each other to design experiments that show the earth is flat.

The science of conspiracies: Where Flat Earth meets Pizzagate

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
acri1 said:
Most religious people aren't flat Earthers, but most flat Earthers are religious. They tend to be biblical literalists.

Thanks for proving my assertion since most flat earthers, according to your link, are 'White', but the vast majority of those who hold religious beliefs are NOT 'White' and do not believe the Earth is flat.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Jack Trippa 3z company ho said:
You’re uninformed, completely. They believe we are living in a construct of some sort.

The vast majority of those holding a religious belief do NOT believe the Earth is flat while still holding that the earth was 'created'. Your assertion is invalid and has been for an extremely long time.​

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Thanks for proving my assertion since most flat earthers, according to your link, are 'White', but the vast majority of those who hold religious beliefs are NOT 'White' and do not believe the Earth is flat.

I literally said "most religious people aren't flat earthers" in the post you quoted. What I'm saying is that most flat earthers are religious, not that most religious people are flat earthers.

Just like most Republicans are Christians, but most Christians are not Republicans. You're being unnecessarily defensive about religion.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
acri1 said:
I literally said "most religious people aren't flat earthers" in the post you quoted. What I'm saying is that most flat earthers are religious, not that most religious people are flat earthers.

Just like most Republicans are Christians, but most Christians are not Republicans. You're being unnecessarily defensive about religion.

Breh, I AGREED with your post. The issue was that my argument was in post #104 which was a refutation of post #94.​

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
I'll say this. . . There's almost no way to truly entertain the Flat Earth theory and walk away from it at least SOMEWHAT convinced.

One solid truth is that NASA has been conning the world for decades. Once you accept that fact, it becomes hard to not think about it.

Another solid truth is that all pics of Earth from high up which show curvature are done with fish eye lenses, which will always add an unnatural curve to photos.

That said. . . I'm still not 100% sold. . . Getting close though.:francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'll say this. . . There's almost no way to truly entertain the Flat Earth theory and walk away from it at least SOMEWHAT convinced.

One solid truth is that NASA has been conning the world for decades. Once you accept that fact, it becomes hard to not think about it.

Another solid truth is that all pics of Earth from high up which show curvature are done with fish eye lenses, which will always add an unnatural curve to photos.

:mjlol:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
No. Flat Earthers believe the Earth is flat and ALL governments are conspiring to hide the 'truth' from everyone else.....except them.....because they're smarter than everyone else who believes the Earth is round.​

First of all I don’t know why I’m even wasting time in this thread, but for the sake of discussion I will ask this, why? Why would governments create a mass conspiracy that the world is round? What purpose does this serve? If it was truly flat then who would care?

I’m just trying to get to the end goal of this. What do you get out of the world being flat? Does it mean we can’t sail places because we will fall off?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Man

I just started to ignore these dudes completely

One side is totally totally totally wrong. I'm certain the Earth is a spheroid so obviously Flat Earth is wrong.

When discussing this, I have found that they are invested in Flat Earth and there's no way to send them information. They simply dismiss and ignore any info that doesn't support their mindless schema.

So at that point you're yelling English words at a possum that keeps eating your trash. You're explaining to it why it's a bad possum and you're appealing to its intellect to convince him to stop.

And you're wasting your motherfukcing time.

If they can't put this puzzle together themselves and they are too damn proud or whatever to listen to people smarter than them.

I kind of think it's an attention thing. They know they can spend pages and pages arguing with people. People flock to them just to ask them what's up with them.

Let's stop entertaining this intellectual hissy fit.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps

:snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

NASA?

nikka astronomers 3000 years ago knew the earth was spherical.

I swear the meteor might be a mercy at this point.

Believe random youtube retards over the entire history of astronomical sciences brehs and brehettes.