What's up with this "Flat Earth" nonsense gaining so much popularity?

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
I can't tell if the internet is the greatest or worst invention of all time.

It is the worst. Too much information has lead to a rejection of truth. It can be overwhelming for some people to decipher fact from fiction. People have started to only believe in what they feel as a way to cope.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
From the center of the bell curve to one standard deviation to the right, you have people who are smart enough to question authority but too dumb to interpret the answers. (Jill Stein voters, conspiracy theorists, cryptocurrency pushers)

You gotta move like two full standard deviations to the right before all the idiotic white noise is drowned out by logic. These are the people who are both smart enough to find the truth, as well as being smart enough to know when they are not smart enough

If a person never says hes dumb or he always knows every subject. I don't trust him and i think hes actually dumb.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Maybe they want an all expenses paid trip to outer space to see it for themselves?

Maybe they’ll contort themselves to believe NASA have put CGI nanobots in their eyes. :mjlol:

It’s fukking crazy. According to them the whole wide world is in on this conspiracy. Billions of people all on code.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Take It In Blood said:
We live in a country where a large amount of people speak in tongues of the holy spirit, regularly attend church/mosque, and deny evolution

The funny thing about it: The vast majority who say the Earth is flat aren't religious at all. Many of them deny any sort of supernaturalism.

Then again, in the grand scheme of things, there aren't that many of them. They are just obnoxious so they get attention from the media.

:manny:

Also, I can prove the Earth is round, just need a few volunteers with cell-phones to take some pictures. I've already made a ban bet with one of these.....people. I'll open it up to ALL of them and get rid of 'em all in one shot.

:sas2:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Orbital-Fetus said:
last year i joined a flat earth facebook group just to lurk and see what they were saying.
a couple of weeks later i joined the convo and started asking questions.
now, i'm not a scientist but i have a layman's understanding of newtonian physics.

i quickly found myself being asked to explain away any number of things that support flat earth.
i was able to do so easily.
i was going back and forth with 4 or 5 of these flat heads for about an hour before they kicked me out.

straight up clowns.

Breh, I can get rid of them with just 4 axioms that they HAVE to agree to because mathematics is objective......unless they wish to deny that a circle is 360°.

:sas2: