When Did Rap Become So Ridiculous?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and the biggest of crime in all this is OUR failure to put these turncoats in check. i didn't see the segment you guys are talking about. but the fact that college grads who are supposedly educated sat and said nothing in opposition to these c00ns is very disheartening. this is why I CANNOT take the majority of my fellow brothers all that serious. the majority don't even know what's harmful to their community and people.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
lol at the rates of homicides and incarceration among blacks and there being a genre of music that essentially celebrates the lifestyle that'll ultimately lead to both.
rappers can tell "young nikkas to move that dope"
but cant tell young "nikkas" to to pick up a book or finish school. these artist are co-conspirators in their own people ongoing demise. i have nothing but hatred for some of these artists. they are sellouts and c00ns on a whole other level.
And the saddest part about it is how apparently blind we are to this. @CrimsonTider :mjpls: Sometimes I wish that big time comedians and athletes would start clowning rap. Like I would love to hear an athlete get asked wat type music he listens to and he responds something like "anything but that ignorant rap shyt" :sas2:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and the biggest of crime in all this is OUR failure to put these turncoats in check. i didn't see the segment you guys are talking about. but the fact that college grads who are supposedly educated sat and said nothing in opposition to these c00ns is very disheartening. this is why I CANNOT take the majority of my fellow brothers all that serious. the majority don't even know what's harmful to their community and people.
i speak against it. and always will. fuq all that stop hurting someone else's money.
that whole elliot wilson interview was fail.

not an excuse but i'd expect that from a teenage rapper. but that's future who is 30 yrs old. the ignorance is now too deep into dna of the culture there's no getting out of it.
reagan really fuqqed up the black community with these drugs. he must be proud. i always say he's the real godfather of gangsta rap.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the saddest part about it is how apparently blind we are to this. @CrimsonTider :mjpls: Sometimes I wish that big time comedians and athletes would start clowning rap. Like I would love to hear an athlete get asked wat type music he listens to and he responds something like "anything but that ignorant rap shyt" :sas2:
everyone in the black community feels powerless. when ignorance is part of culture even the most powerful feel powerless. eg. sterling the billionaire saying he can't change the culture.
diddy, dre, 50, jay-z, pharrell, basketball players all feel powerless. they all just go along with it cause they make millions off it. "personal gain".

new music from meek mill:
first line: i graduated from the streets.. no diploma
i made a million on the corner

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i speak against it. and always will. fuq all that stop hurting someone else's money.
that whole elliot wilson interview was fail.

not an excuse but i'd expect that from a teenage rapper. but that's future who is 30 yrs old. the ignorance is now too deep into dna of the culture there's no getting out of it.
reagan really fuqqed up the black community with these drugs. he must be proud. i always say he's the real godfather of gangsta rap.

perhaps but I don't think it's too late. I'm just thoroughly disgusted at this point. More needs to be done in opposition to these c00ns. And it has to be done by young brothers. We need to utilize every social medium to call these sellouts to task

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
i have been on reggae for years and years. hip-hop only get played really if i have on sirius xm old school rap.. but i stay up on date on the foolishness to see how bad it has got

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have been on reggae for years and years. hip-hop only get played really if i have on sirius xm old school rap.. but i stay up on date on the foolishness to see how bad it has got
reggae/dancehall artists aren't any different really.

there were days when shabba ranks was the #1 in the world. these days these dancehall artists aren't any better than the rap artists. they all sing/rap about the same ignorance.
carribean music is off balance too. the ignorant artists/music seem to have taken over.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
everyone in the black community feels powerless. when ignorance is part of culture even the most powerful feel powerless. eg. sterling the billionaire saying he can't change the culture.
diddy, dre, 50, jay-z, pharrell, basketball players all feel powerless. they all just go along with it cause they make millions off it. "personal gain".

new music from meek mill:
first line: i graduated from the streets.. no diploma
i made a million on the corner
I agree to a certain extent but I feel it could be easier than we all think. If only the ppl you named had the same mindset as us they could start setting trends. Example: grown man movement. Imagine if lil Wayne and 2chainz started dressing like grown men and started promoting education and taking care of your kids then the youth would all a sudden think it's cool to study and do homework. Remember ppl are sheep. Not too long ago Cam had everybody dresses in pink. I know it would take waaay more than just rappers switching up but it would be a huge help. But the sad part is the plpl with the most power and influence have no idea how powerful they really are

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Accused gang leader’s rap videos to be shown at murder trial

ra3.jpg

His attorneys had doggedly sought to block the YouTube videos from being introduced as evidence and argued that they were fictional representations of ghetto reality and not self-incriminating confessionals.

Accused gang leader’s rap videos to be shown at murder trial | New York Post

it's just entertainment :stopitslime:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i always laugh when people say rap has no effect on say teh black community, try travelling the world and the way they view you is what they see in these pathetic music videos. They call you nygga not because they are racist per say but because lil wayne drops it every other word. They expect you to act a certain way and toss out whitewash because the image they have of you, is some gold teeth, dreadlocked, misogynist, drug dealing, hyper sexual aggressive male.

screw rap

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
R&B has also suffered because of hip hop. Now even the singers gotta be hard and street and bout that life

i remember old r&b your mom or grandma could bump that on saturday morning. Now its dudes like jason derulo , chris brown etc.

It pains and bothers me as a black man that rappers and uneducated sport stars for the most parts are the ones portraying our image worldwide.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I agree to a certain extent but I feel it could be easier than we all think. If only the ppl you named had the same mindset as us they could start setting trends. Example: grown man movement. Imagine if lil Wayne and 2chainz started dressing like grown men and started promoting education and taking care of your kids then the youth would all a sudden think it's cool to study and do homework. Remember ppl are sheep. Not too long ago Cam had everybody dresses in pink. I know it would take waaay more than just rappers switching up but it would be a huge help. But the sad part is the plpl with the most power and influence have no idea how powerful they really are

remember jay z button up? dudes threw away their 4xl long tees etc. and started rocking button ups, dudes tossed away fitteds and suddenly snap backs are in.